Satellite hook up.

Boozecamp

Has anyone hooked up a Satellite TV system to the new Bighorns?
I bought the Pathway X2.
Question: is it as simple as hooking the RG6 coax cable to the Sat TV ports at the exterior utility location?

danemayer

Hi Boozecamp,

Generally it's that simple. Just hook it up and it works. BUT, save yourself a bunch of aggravation by connecting the Pathway coax directly to the receiver first. Get it working without using the RV wiring. Then after it's working, hook it up to the RV wiring.

I'm attaching a drawing of the satellite connections in the UDC in our Rushmore. You probably have the same setup.

If you have any problems, the first thing to try is other combinations of connectors. Occasionally the factory mis-labels or hooks up the wires in the wrong sequence.

Attachments

• Rushmore UDC COAX Wiring.pdf
    10.9 KB · Views: 64

JanAndBill

In our BH, there are 4 coax connections above the sewer connections. Going left to right if you want SAT in the living room, hook the coax to the #3 from the left (there is a diagram on the front wall of the box). Inside the coach at the receiver location there are two inbound coax connections (one labeled sat and one cable). Hook your SAT receiver input to the one labeled SAT. So I don't have to hook and disconnect each time, I went to Radio Shack and bought a 2 port HDMI switch ($20). Remove the HDMI output cable from the back of your surround sound and plug it in the output of the switch. Run a short HDMI patch cable from one input of the switch to the output of the surround sound. Now run a short HDMI patch cable to the output HDMI on the SAT receiver. To view SAT on the TV, change the input on your TV to HDMI #1, and set your HDMI switch accordingly. To watch over the air from your antenna, just change the input on the TV back to antenna (that simple). To watch a movie change your HDMI switch to the surround sound, and change your tv input to HDMI 1. I could have eliminated the switch by running a new HDMI cable to the TV (HDMI #2 input) but I didn't want to mess with pulling the cable.

SeattleLion

We set up directv with no trouble at all. Camping World installed a Trav'ler. I made two 8 inch jumpers that go in the UDC and connect the two connectors in each dual Fconnector outlet. Thanks to Dan, I learned that my DVR's can work with RF remotes and I programmed the directtv remotes so I don't need line of site. In the living room you will find the DVR in the cabinet over the TV. The coach is wired for 2 HDMI connections in the cabinet. One is a cable that should be connected to the blu-ray. there is a HDMI outlet on the side of the cabinet. It is already connected to the TV. Just connect your DVR to the Fconnector outlet, HDMI to the outlet and it will work.

The bedroom is a bit more work. The DVR connects to the open F-connector outlet. You need to run a HDMI cable from the top of the dresser in the closet to the TV. I routed it inside the closet and then through the cabinet walls to the TV. I used a low-loss extra-thin HDMI (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AJHCPYI/ref=oh_details_o07_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). It is slightly too short, so I got a 3ft extension cord. The reason i didn't get a longer cable is that the 15' HDMI cable has amplification in it and doesn't degrade the picture at all.

All this is way easier to do than write about.