Slide out weather strip on top edge

gfnesbitt

As anyone ever had the top weather strip on the slide out work its way out from rear to front while traveling and the slide closed? The whole thing came dangling out. The rear end of the strip tore loose from the screw anchoring it down. I got my ladder out and slid the strip in its track, anchored it with the screw and washer, put on silicon and our next 300 mile trip the whole thing came out. Good thing I have slide toppers. See the attached pic. Any advice ?
bf0d058f7b278640d0c9521c6c2fbab5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I had that happen on our first Bighorn while it was still under warranty. The dealer put a screw through the front end of the weatherstrip to hold it in place and it never moved again.

Rod

Bones

Mine is doing that now and I have screws in both ends and it just ripped the seal out again. If anyone has a better thought on stopping the seal from moving please share.

LBallard

I've got the same problem. Replaced twice, once by dealer, once by heartland service center. Both times screws at front and rear with washers.
Repaired this weekend and after a 500 mile trip, came loose from the rear.
I'm thinking the slide is vibrating or an oscillation causing the seal to unseat.
Scheduled with a different service provider this week (other issues). He can have a stab at it.
The unit is a 2016 Landmark Orlando.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Mine is doing that now and I have screws in both ends and it just ripped the seal out again. If anyone has a better thought on stopping the seal from moving please share.
I use a bigger headed screw and don't over tighten it or it will just smash through the rubber seal

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Used same screw with a small, thin washer and resolved same issue on one slide. Need to do with another now.

Bones

I use a bigger headed screw and don't over tighten it or it will just smash through the rubber seal

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I put same screws in with tiny washers. one side stayed in the other side pulled out. I'll try a different screw maybe with a flatter head on it.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I put same screws in with tiny washers. one side stayed in the other side pulled out. I'll try a different screw maybe with a flatter head on it.

Get yourself some fender washers. Big washer tiny hole for screw
Caulk the existing hole in sidewall, re-fasten tubing at different point(s)

Bones

Get yourself some fender washers. Big washer tiny hole for screw

I'm sure I have a couple of those lying around in my parts box. Hopefully they are not too big or I'll have to cut them down.