slide retracted unevenly

Jimnkarens

We noticed that the slide has retracted but one side is till about an inch from the side wall even though the opposite side is tight against the side wall. Is there a way to make an adjustment so that both sides meet the side wall at the same time? Is this something that I can do or should I take it to an Rv repair shop?

ram22

We noticed that the slide has retracted but one side is till about an inch from the side wall even though the opposite side is tight against the side wall. Is there a way to make an adjustment so that both sides meet the side wall at the same time? Is this something that I can do or should I take it to an Rv repair shop?

Yes. My slide has some placards near the motor with instructions for adjusting the cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You can fix it.
Put the slide most of the way out but not all the way, then go underneath and pull the small bolts out of the cross bar with 2 - 7/16s wrenches. Once you have that bolt out you can run the side with the hydraulic ram in or out and measure both side until they match. Find a good mark to measure it that should be exactly the same om both sides.

Hard for me to explain in words buy if you need more help you can call me.
Jerrod 209 923 3207

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jimnkarens

thank you, I will try that. I think I understand.

You can fix it.
Put the slide most of the way out but not all the way, then go underneath and pull the small bolts out of the cross bar with 2 - 7/16s wrenches. Once you have that bolt out you can run the side with the hydraulic ram in or out and measure both side until they match. Find a good mark to measure it that should be exactly the same om both sides.

Jerrod 209 923 3207

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you

You can fix it.

Jerrod 209 923 3207

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you

Yes. My slide has some placards near the motor with instructions for adjusting the cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk