Slide Switch Not Working

Speedy

The slide switch in the main switch panel in our 3650 no longer works. The slides can be extended or retracted by using the remote or the switch mounted in the hydraulic compartment so I can believe its a fuse; any thoughts?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hard to tell Speedy, I think I might pull the switch and check to see if a wire came loose. Ours is the older set-up without the remote so I really don't know how those new fangled remote control thingys are wired. I would think the hard wiring is similar though.

wdk450

I think the problem is the switch itself, or the wiring. If this is switching the entire hydraulic pump current without a high current relay, the switch internal contacts could have burned out. This is the easiest thing to try swapping out.

Page 17 of the following link has a schematic of the system, including the switch connections. There is also an electrical troubleshooting section. This was found in the "Tools" tab, "Heartland Owners Manuals" at the top of this page.
(It looks like there is just 1 switch in the diagram - the 2nd switch would just be in paralell with the 1st switch and connect to the same points the 1st switch does).

http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/Slide_Outs/Rooms/Lippert/Lippert_Hydro-Sync Slideout_System_Manual.pdf

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If you have a fuse problem then nothing would work. Depending on how its wired you could have a bad switch. There is a common ground and a common power wire that goes to both switches. Have you tried using the switch in both directions to listen for the pump to run or make a moan sound?? Pull the switch and test for power at the wires that make the pump run. You can use a 12V test lite or a DVOM meter. Best I can tell you.