slides stop pulling in

clay1969

Here lately when i bring in my 4 slides it gets to the third and fourth slide to pull in and it just stops. I'll wait a few seconds he the button again and it will start again. I have to do this about 3-5 times before they are all in. it started about 6 months ago with just one cycle and is getting worse. I checked the fluid level and it was okay. What gives?

branson4020

Icantre Member
This topic has ben covered so many times it deserves its own forum. The 50A DC circuit breaker that feeds the hydraulic pump motor is weak or overloaded. Lippert recommends replacing it with an 80A breaker, but you can also just parallel another 50A with the existing one.
View attachment LIP-0058.pdf

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like the auto reset breaker for the hydraulic pump is getting weak.
I think you now have a 50 amp breaker and Lippert recommend changing to an 80 amp breaker. Some have added another 50 amp wired in parallel to the existing breaker.
There was just some discussion on this very topic recently. That discussion can be found RIGHT HERE.

Peace
Dave

Wharton

This seems to be a continuing problem. I know we switched to an 80a breaker and it solved our problems. If the 80a breaker is what Lippert recommends why doesn't Heartland put in an 80a breaker?????

TedS

Wharton, good question. I am replacing mine this week because of the same problem.

Heartland? Lippert? Any comment from the factory? Especially after issuing LIP Sheet 0058.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I replaced my breaker some time ago. It is physically much larger than the original breakers and you will have to mount it in a more open area. I bought some heavier wire and it works quite well. I called Heartland and they ordered one for me.

Here is a photo of the breaker installed and shows the old breaker behind the red rubber cover.
DSC_2998M2.jpg

BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime
John
I think yours is a manual reset. The one I got from Heartland is an auto reset. However I have not had it trip at all since I put in the new 80amp breaker.

BC

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The one I have is a Bussmann 184080F Manual Reset 80A breaker, which is the same as the one you've circled in your photo. The photo I posted is not quite the same. Hard to find the little bugger online.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ok John... I just learned something. I thought this was an auto reset breaker. Found one on Ebay and the specs say it is a manual.

Is the reset button the long bar across the middle or is it under the bar? I will have to check that out tomorrow. Thanks. If it had tripped I would not have thought to reset the breaker...

BC

lneal11

I also went to eBay and found a auto 80 amp for $27.00 and got it in about 4 days. Installed it and now slides work great. Thank you guys for bring this to the attention of all hreatland owners..

wingfoot

OK guys...I'm a little (lot) electrically challenged. I am wanting to install a 80amp breaker for my slides. I'm really not sure exactly how to do this. John, I looked at your post (photos) but I'm still confused on how to do this...I kinda need a step by step explanation..Sorry to ask such an elementary question.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Larry, the attached PDF should help you out.

Peacw
Dave

Attachments

• LIP-0058.pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 56

TedS

Another source for a high-amp breaker; I just ordered the 80-amp breaker from an auto sound system shop. High powered audio requires high amp power. About $30.00.

wingfoot

Thanks Dave that helps...but I guess my question is...do I elimnate the existing breaker by just disconecting the + and - connections from from the existing OE breaker and attach them to my 80amp breaker?

Thanks again,
Larry

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Dave that helps...but I guess my question is...do I elimnate the existing breaker by just disconecting the + and - connections from from the existing OE breaker and attach them to my 80amp breaker?

Thanks again,
Larry
Actually they are both +. But yes, just move the wires to the new breaker. That is assuming that your wires will be long enough. If not you will have to get at least one wire of the same guage.

Peace
Dave