slides stop pulling in

TXBobcat

Fulltime
TXBobcat;
Can you show pictures of how and where you did yours please? Also, where did you get the breaker, from Heartland? I would have thought it would come from lippert...
Thanks for any and all the help you can give me. Steven

I got my breaker through Heartland. They probably ordered it from Lippert or another source and sent it to me.

I have posted photos in this thread and another showing where I located my breaker. If you use the 80a breaker you won't need much room, but if you parallel 2-50 amps you will need a lot more room and wire. I have had no problem with the 80 amp breaker.

If you want the photos I have posted send me an email (not a PM... Photos won't go through a PM) and I will email what I have or any special photos you might like.

BC

wdk450

I would look just as hard at the terminal connections at the end of the wire and think about soldering them to the wire. Connections are a weak point in electrical power systems.

Its probably 6 ga stranded. Its only a couple of feet, its hanging in air, and would likely exceed 50A for only a few seconds. Its fine.

fawsty

Update;

I ordered an 80 Amp breaker, but got the manual reset on. IO got it off of Ebay for $20.00 delivered. Installed it today, took longer to trace the wires than to install new one. Before I installed the new breaker, it took 3 tries to get the big door side slide out. Now, it goes in and out with no problems at all. Thank you all for your continued support and all the wonderful ideas I/We get from this place. It's great.

Steven

fawsty

Ninerman;

Look at the pics on this thread, and go from there. The small breakers that come on the trailer are covered with red rubber cases. Follow the wire from the slide electrical switch, to the breakers. Disconnect that wire at the breaker, and connect it to the new breaker, on the AUX side. Connect the new breaker to the battery (I used a 20 inch battery cable from Wally World) and you are done. I drilled two hole in the steel to the right of the original breakers and mounted mine there. I did have to drill out the hole on the wire end terminal to fit the connector stud on the new breaker, as it was too small in diameter for the new stud. I bought my breaker from Tim's RV, on E-bay. timsrv.com in Mass., again for $20.00 delivered to my box. I did use the manual type, but I figure with the 80 amp breaker I was safe, and if it does trip, there is a serious problem....Hope this helps. I didn't take any pictures, as I had looked at those here and had enough of a visual to go by.

Good luck.

Steven

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ok, that may have been my fault in the way I explained it to him. I ordered a new breaker last night, and will install it when I get it. I ordered the 80 amp unit so I can just do a simple replacement. I saw the lippert posting that recommend this. The only question is, if the wire feeds are heavy enough for the 80 amp breaker, or do I have to replace the wire to a heavier gauge to keep it from tripping?

On my installation of the 80amp breaker I had to add a #6 AWG wire, but when I compared it to the others it was the same size. I don't think you will have a problem with the existing wires heating up enough to cause a problem. As stated previously, the runs are short and the amperage will not last long enough to melt the insulation or wire. If you tried to use a smaller wire like a #12 or 14 you will have a problem.

BC

fawsty

Update to my earlier post; The battery cable I used was only 4 ga., and I had it here at the house. I didn't buy it for the size to use it here. I agree, a 6 ga. wire would be just fine. I'm thrifty enough to use things that I already have instead of buying more.

Steven

ninerman

When looking at the picture I am not sure just which red wire to use and how did you connect it to the pump motor? Did you use one of the black wires that go to the pump? Thanks.

57chevyconvt

Locate the red wire that connects to the reversing solenoid adjacent the hyd. pump, trace this wire back the circuit breaker that is located at the cluster/row of circuit breakers. Locate/secure the new 80 amp. circuit breaker near the existing breakers and add a jumper wire 6 ga. from the copper power strip that feed the row of breakers. In other words, locate the new breaker between the copper power distribution strip and the hydraulic motor reversing solenoid. If you need more information send me a PM and I will take some pictures in the morning.

Attachments

• Ug Grade Circuit Breaker.pdf
    51.9 KB · Views: 37