Slow drain in brand new Sundance 277 RL

Torres

We just returned from our maiden voyage with our new 5th wheel and what do you know, the sink is plugged, we use drain screens and nothing but water went down the drains. I guess tomorrow I call the vendor and see what can be done. Has anyone experienced this?

jbeletti

I'm wondering if perhaps you didn't drain both gray tanks? Does the shower drain work right now if you dumped a few gallons of water into it?

If it's not a full tank, rather than calling a vendor, place a bath towel on the vanity floor under the sink, then carefully remove the P-trap. It Those are large plastic hand-tightened nuts on the trap. You should be able to remove it. Then dump the trap out, outside and see if there was a chunk of construction debris in it or similar. Just a shot but worth it to check it.

MrRvGypsy

On our new unit the bathroom sink drain plug was installed 180 degrees backwards into the sink causing it not to lift high enough to allow water to drain from the sink when the drain plunger was pushed down. Simple plumbing fix to remove the plunger rod and reverse the drain plug.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Our sink drain was also slow. Took the plunger out and removed the rubber gasket that was on it. Drains great now and still holds water in the bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk