SOLVED - Sundance 3100 ES Slide won't open

Hi I purchased a 2011 Sundance 3100ES, everything worked fine except for a few little hiccups but they were taken care of, but yesterday I was getting ready for our vacation and was loading the RV when I went to open the offdoor slide and it will not move, I thought maybe the switch but I swapped switches and it worked the other slide fine. I have 3 slides and 2 work perfect and now one will not, like I said I checked the switch, fuses and nothing is blown and the battery is fully charged and I am hooked up to shore power. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated as time is getting to close to our vacation.
Help please

Thanks Kevin

jbeletti

Re: HELP Heartland Sundance 3100 ES Slide won't open.

Kevin,

There are some mini-breakers that protect high-current items such as slides, awnings, jacks etc. Locate these mini-breakers and see if one of the manually resetting type is tripped. I cannot say where in your Sundance these would be located with certainty. But they are usually very near the battery. Look for red rubber caps covering them. Then carefully feel along the bottom edge for a tiny button popped out. If you find one, pop it back in.

Other Sundance owners will certainly chime in here to help you. Also, please consider calling Heartland Customer Service first thing in the morning at 877-262-8032 as they may be able to assist you by phone as they have access to wiring diagrams and such.

jwpurdy

I had this problem last winter and found that the set screw holding the motor to shaft had backed out and the motor was hanging loose and not attached to drive shaft. Pulled underbelly cover open and reattached motor. If this is problem make sure you thread the set screw into shaft and tighten. Believe they never had set screw threaded in to shaft from factory.

jwpurdy

To add to my previous post. If the motor is loose you can hear it running when trying to open side.

I do not hear anything. Except me saying a few choice words of frustration.
Thank Kevin

Well I thought I would give an update on my situation. It seems that both of you were right it was the wiring and it was the motor. It appears that one of the wires on the Offdoor slide had been rubbing and eventually separated the 2 wires just enough to brake the connection. respliced them and put on a new connection and relocated where they were laying and everything works perfect.
Thanks for you help.
Kevin

jbeletti

Happy to hear you were able to diagnose and make repairs Kevin. Always happy to add SOLVED to the front of a thread :)