storing rifle/case

aatauses

Hi everyone,
I have been thinking about stopping by and picking up a rifle (hunting season in FL)with case (hard shell airline type), but wondering where to put it in the rv?? Where do others store their rifle/cases? I do not need to know your "hiding places" just cannot figure out a good place because of the size and weight.
thanks,
al

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I have stored 2 rifles with cases, in the storage area under the master bed. Out of the way and out if sight.

GWRam

Hi everyone,
I have been thinking about stopping by and picking up a rifle (hunting season in FL)with case (hard shell airline type), but wondering where to put it in the rv?? Where do others store their rifle/cases? I do not need to know your "hiding places" just cannot figure out a good place because of the size and weight.
thanks,
al

The floor of the master closet should be plenty big enough to lay the case down and it is out of the way. You can always put items that you usually have on floor on top of case during the trip (while traveling).

GOTTOYS

I carry a 12 gauge shotgun, just because. I stand it up in a corner of my front closet and loop a bungee over it to hold it upright...I never plan to use it and really don't know why I even carry it...Don

Lobovista

Where we live, we have snakes that can hurt you. I keep a 20 gage "snake charmer" in a soft case behind the back seat of our Ford F250. Plenty of room there, a rifle should also fit.

OldTanker

Since we live in the RV fulltime we have a slightly different perspective. It's our home. I went to the BX and saw a neat, small and very light weight rifle sized gun safe for sale. Complete with hidden hinges and combination lock. It now resides horizontally in the front closet. Yeah it's a bit of a pain at times because "someone" puts her stuff on top of it but it still works out and I don't worry about the casual break in while we are gone visiting or touristing. No more "hiding" stuff and hoping no one walks in and rummages around our drawers or other storage locations.

CB3Tige

I can't imagine not securing a firearm that I do not have on me. The cost of a simple, quick entry metal safe, attached to the rig so the whole thing cannot be stolen, is insurance/peace of mind that I cannot live without. For long guns they can be as cheap as $150 or up to hundreds, much less for handguns, but you will never regret not losing your gun to a criminal, or a child!

jimtoo

Hi CB3Tige,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Jim M

Gary521

GOTOYS, you don't need to use it. Just the sound of a shotgun racking is enough to scare the heck out of most.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I have a fire extinguisher for the same reason I have a gun. It's good insurance against what could harm you.