Titan Fuel Tank Users

whp4262

Anyone looked at JME Tanks? They have a bed mount installation that looks pretty simple and doesn't take the place of your spare. The tank is 60" long, 24" high and 9" wide so it doesn't take up much bed space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianharrison

Re: Titan Fuel Tank Usrers

Al,

We paid $1309 installed - you may want to look at the installer list on the Titan website and get a quote from one of them.

Mike

You got an exceptional deal - MSRP on the tanks run 1250. Plus taxes and it is over your installed costs - your installer still around? :).

Brian

pegmikef

. . . and doesn't take the place of your spare. The tank is 60" long, 24" high and 9" wide so it doesn't take up much bed space.

The fifty gallon Transferflo doesn't take the place of you spare and I don't think Titan does either.

Mrsfish

We recently added a Titan tank (actually replaced the stock tank). 1400 total. Ford dealer changed the program for the bigger tank for free - but I will state that we are regular vs sporadic customers of our ford dealer.

whp4262

The fifty gallon Transferflo doesn't take the place of you spare and I don't think Titan does either.

Are you using the in bed tank or the extra capacity replacement tank? I know Titan does have a tank that takes the place of the spare, think they just came out with it not long ago.

porthole

Retired

We will be going to Alaska the summer of 2015 when we retire, and I'd like to have a Titan tank for the longer fuel range. I'd like to get it installed this spring while I'm still working and can afford it, and also enjoy it now.

I got a quote from my dealer for the install. He has always been fair to me, plus I want to be sure my warranty is not affected. Also i don't have a good place to install myself. He verbally quoted me $2100, which seemed a little high. If I look online the tank is about $1500, the skid plate $180, he quoted $300 install including reprogramming the computer tanks size. If I add 7.5% sales tax, the back of the envelope total is $2128 which seems to be close to his quote.

My question is, does this seem like a good number? It sounds like most of you who have the Titan like it and think the expense is worth it.

What do you think? I'll be using this in a 2012 Ram 2500 Laramie.

Al

Your dealer is certainly not being fair to you now, unless the shop rate is $150 an hour.
My comments below are with my GMC and Ford experience, your "mileage may vary"

Titan tanks are not cheap. But they are well made and do the job, and once installed is completely transparent as to it's use (see MTE caveat below).
I am on my second Titan now and when I buy my next truck I will be on my third.

Are you handy? With my 06 GMC and my 11 F-350 it took me 2 hours, start to finish, working in my driveway. Of course it helps to be mechanically inclined, but is not necessary. Titan has a very specific procedure that must be followed for installing the sending unit, not a big deal, just a procedure.

After having had two of the skid shields I won't bother with the added expense. Although with my current 65 gallon Ford tank the shield was included.
Because of the size, shipping can get pricey, but that will be with any auxiliary tank.

So, google Titan fuel tanks and look at what the multitude of vendors are selling it for, many include shipping and you won't be paying sales tax.

Might be cost effective for you to get the tank on your own, and bring it to your installer. 2 hours should be a fair price for a well equipped shop, especially since that is the average driveway install.

Reprogramming the PCM for the MTE is a a minimal operation, at least with the Fords. Once they hook up the computer (which they do every time you bring your truck in) it takes less then a minute to rest the tank size.

Resetting the tank size is not something that has to be done. The fuel gauge will work as normal, only the MTE's will be incorrect.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/36179-Titan-Fuel-Tank-Users?p=324958&viewfull=1#post324958

pegmikef

Are you using the in bed tank or the extra capacity replacement tank? I know Titan does have a tank that takes the place of the spare, think they just came out with it not long ago.

Fifty gallon replacement tank in my old 2011 F250 CC Truck. I now have an F350 and use an in bed toolbox/tank combo.

mlburst1

You got an exceptional deal - MSRP on the tanks run 1250. Plus taxes and it is over your installed costs - your installer still around? :).

Brian

Auto World
826 6th Ave North
Great Falls MT 59401
(406) 727-8915

Mike

I have had the Titan for about 4 years now. I have been into some pretty decent mud and off road while hunting in Northern Alberta. The tank has held up very very week. I did not have the ECM reprogrammed and I don't really feel as though I need to. The fuel gauge works fine, just the range display isn't accurate.

2 thumbs up for Titan.[/QU

thanks info helped