UNISTEEL® G614 RST- Anyone know them?

Uncle Rog

Thnaks Clark, that sounds right to me, it seems like lippert at least touches most of the parts anyways, Rog

ct0218

Apparently so, but the point was that Lippert doesn't make axles. Frames and jacks, yes. Al-ko is a good axle.

Uncle Rog

Blowout Pictures....

Here are a couple of pictures of the tire failure and my pit crew who helped get her back to road ready less some trim pieces.....I see Goodyear's in my future!....UR

Attachments

• DSC02413.JPG
    DSC02413.JPG
    479.7 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC02416.JPG
    DSC02416.JPG
    488 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC02417.JPG
    DSC02417.JPG
    480 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC02421.JPG
    DSC02421.JPG
    471.2 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC02423.JPG
    DSC02423.JPG
    475.4 KB · Views: 42

tdharley

Holy,shredded rubber, Batman !!!!!!!!!!!! Zoinks

That tire did a job on the rig. Glad nobody was hurt.

Hey I like that exterior entertainment center, looks familiar.

Uncle Rog

TDH, the stereo was your idea, the damage is mostly cosmetic the trim between the slides has a seam break just above the floor line, I saved the moulding and just need the metal piece with the wheel well trim attached. The real saving grace is the sheet metal on the bottom of the deck, it does not look like much but it was enough to keep the tread from blowing through the floor! Some units must not have the sheet metal from the pictures I have seen, it is beat up but it held. I might reinforce it if I figure out how to do it better, but hey if it works don't fix it.....

nhunter

I ran those Goodyears on a work trailer in a dual setup. Worked great until the airbrake frozen on in winter and the boys drug them down the road for 4 miles.:eek: Other than that they worked good. I still haven't had any problems with my factory Trail Amercias with about 5000miles on them @ 80psi.

vangoes

I've also got about 5,000 miles on mine and knock on wood, no problems yet. I always maintain 85 PSI and have been thinking about taking them to the max pressure of 90 psi for the warmer weather. I've also read on other RV forums horror stories about Goodyear tires so I really wonder if they are any better than the Trail America's?

Last edited:

Uncle Rog

Wow, at 80#'s my tires are not even round, the roads in Alberta must be a lot cooler than the So Cal desert....

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
We have Trail America G-rated tires on our BH3655RD and have made two round trips to Florida and maintain 110 psi cold in them with no problems (knock on wood). This would be the equivalent of 5400 miles, and with other trips, we are probably at 7000 miles.

I-75 is full of potholes and rough stretches and the TAs we have had held up well.

nhunter

Uncle Rog said:
Wow, at 80#'s my tires are not even round, the roads in Alberta must be a lot cooler than the So Cal desert....

It can get hot up here, but ya we got nothing on So Cal. Mine came from the dealer @ 80psi and it seems to work. Knock on wood.

Uncle Rog

Good for you guy's! it's nice to see that things work out ok sometimes. I guess I am just not as fortunate as some. I would always rather be lucky than good! Take care.....

Uncle Rog

vangoes, this is starting to make sense to me, my G range tires are rated at 15,000# at 110#psi, my axels, loaded, scale out around 12,000# so maybe max pressure isn't necessary if you are under axel weight. Yours is the first rig I have heard of with F range tires. My spec plate on the BH calls for E range, obviously a typo.....Thanks

tdharley

Just got back from my tire guy and gave him the deposit. I was on the fence until I saw Rog's pics. I forgot how bad they blow when they go. I had one blow on my last trailer.

The only problem I have was that the Goodyears do not come in an 80, only 85. The tire guy (kinda looked like the Michelin man) explained aspect ratio to me and said I would have no problem. I have 2-1/2" between the tires. I am going to Google aspect ratio and read up on it.

Anybody make this change and did you happen to measure the distance before the switch & after.

vangoes

UR
Now ya got me wondering (cant remember).........E's or F's. Going brain dead I guess. Although, I do know that my tires say max psi 90# because I check them everytime I hit the road going and coming. The unit is in the storage lot so I cant run out and check load range but I will tomorrow. My spec plate recommends 80 psi.

tdharley

I found out how to do the calculation.

If anyone cares its

.80 x 235 = 188mm........7.4"
.85 x 235 = 199.75mm....7.87"

I am not gonna worry about 47/100ths of an inch...less than a 1/2"

Wait a second if both tires increase by a 1/2" ...thats 1"...I only have 2-1/2" between tires now. Is 1-1/2" enough????