unwanted slide movement

diamondl

while operating the main hydraulic jacks on my 2013 bighorn 3260, the living room slides started moving out when i extended the jacks and started moving in when i retracted the jacks. seems pretty strange to me, as i didn't know the two systems where connected. anybody here of any such thing.
diamondl

jnbhobe

You got a piece of dirt and one of your valves it will work itself out or you can open the valves with an Allen wrench and bleed the system

jnbhobe

They are the ones with one wire each in the pump compartment. mine does it every once in a while, usually it fixes itself.

usnaviator

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
diamondl, did your slide issue get resolved? I'm curious because it just started happening on our 2015 3160 EL. It's happened twice now, when I extend the jacks the slides come out.

'Lil Guy'

Seems the two different systems would not work together. Is the hydraulic pump operating with a ball valve to control the flow to the slides and landing gear? Is this where the dirt is that might not let it fully disengage one system? I'm new at this and just wanting to know more before my new rig gets here. If anyone really knows how this system works, please chime in. Thanks in advance.

danemayer

Seems the two different systems would not work together. Is the hydraulic pump operating with a ball valve to control the flow to the slides and landing gear? Is this where the dirt is that might not let it fully disengage one system? I'm new at this and just wanting to know more before my new rig gets here. If anyone really knows how this system works, please chime in. Thanks in advance.

The hydraulic slides and jacks all operate from the same pump and trombetta that distributes the hydraulic fluid. Each hydraulic slide has a control valve. Depending on which jacks you have, there are various combinations of valves to control operation.

When you press a button to operate landing gear or slide outs, the switch (or control system) sends power to both the hydraulic pump, and to the appropriate valve(s).

Anytime the pump is running, something will extend or retract if its control valve is open (or partially open). So if you're operating the landing jacks, and the valve for a slide out is partially open, the slide out hydraulic ram will operate along with the landing jacks.

Not all slide outs are hydraulic. Many of the bedroom slide outs are operated with electric motors.