Water bottles for fresh water usage.

aerbus101

I have a 2019 3270 big Horn. I have a compartment that holds two large water bottles for something. When I go and turn on the pump in the compartment the hose blows out of the pump and shoots water out all over the place. Does anyone have this system and what is it for? Could be for ice or for drinking water in problem locations. The ice maker in the refer does not work so thought this bottled water was for the fridge

rhodies1

I have a 2019 3270 big Horn. I have a compartment that holds two large water bottles for something. When I go and turn on the pump in the compartment the hose blows out of the pump and shoots water out all over the place. Does anyone have this system and what is it for? Could be for ice or for drinking water in problem locations. The ice maker in the refer does not work so thought this bottled water was for the fridge

It is for the 5 gallon bottles of water for drinking. Go to your local store and buy 2 bottles and install stub into bottle and turn on the pump. You should have a separate water dispenser on your island. This is a new feature Heartland has added. If you are in cold climate then you need to ensure it doesn’t freeze. I see you are in CA so freezing shouldn’t be an issue..

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Can you ad some pictures ? you might have to post a few more times before your able to post pictures.

jbeletti

If these are bottles that are accessed from a recessed compartment outside, then I think they're for the icemaker. It was a product feature that came on Bighorn for about a year or so. Sorry but I don't know much more about it.

On Monday, Heartland Customer Service should be able to enlighten you in its use and assist in troubleshooting it (877-262-8032 - have your VIN for the call).

rhodies1

At the Hershey show,when speaking to Tom Montague, he advised that this set up which he was adding to the Big Horn line was for drinking water. Maybe he changed his mind and it’s for something else. I quess only he and Heartland knows what this set up is about......let us know when you get an answer.

danemayer

Even the mfg doesn't know for sure
Call Heartland at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Ask for Tom Montague in Bighorn Sales. He came up with the idea and he or his staff should be able to tell you how it's supposed to work.

svictor

I have this system on our 2019 3575EL it supplies my residential refrigerator water/ ice maker. Any suggestions on how to winterize this system without running winterizing fluid through refrigerator?:confused:

danemayer

I have this system on our 2019 3575EL it supplies my residential refrigerator water/ ice maker. Any suggestions on how to winterize this system without running winterizing fluid through refrigerator?:confused:

I'd recommend using compressed air with the compressor set at 20 psi. You'll have to figure out what fittings are needed to connect to the water line so the compressed air clears the entire line and goes up to the ice maker. For the refrigerator part of it, take a look at our Residential Refrigerator Guide. Yours will probably be a bit different, but the principles are the same.

As you're figuring out the water lines and fittings, you might take a few pictures to post here so others can benefit from your learning experience.