What did you do to your camper today?

jo9463

We added this at the rally with the help of Malcolm.
c1a90aa8509b0051316220543fb5bbdb.jpg

Bones

Well, we ran into the stained glass vendor at the national rally. And the wife batted her little eyes at me and I started out with this.
34zip8n.jpg

Then, took a deep breath, measured 10 times and did this
2dba3qx.jpg

izqd6b.jpg

Ended up with this
502stu.jpg

HAPPY WIFE!!!

I like it. Excellent job.

- - - Updated - - -

We added this at the rally with the help of Malcolm.
c1a90aa8509b0051316220543fb5bbdb.jpg

Nice window. I liked the palm trees they had.

porthole

Retired
Where did you buy the glass and how much did it cost. Looks really sharp

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

A vendor who does the rally circuit, and he will not ship. His name is Richard Anderson.

Typical is $110-$130 including detailed instructions and the required butyl tape for the install.

johnpsz

Well, we ran into the stained glass vendor at the national rally. And the wife batted her little eyes...

HAPPY WIFE!!!

Really NICE work Jamie, so does she let you in the front door any longer??? I bet a little added natural light to that bathroom is nice though...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Last summer I put three black MaxxAir vent covers on the Prowler, but wanted a white one to put on the bathroom vent so it would be like a skylight (have a skylight in the shower but the rest of the bathroom doesn't benefit from it).

When I was buying the vent covers there were no white ones to be had at any of the Camping World stores near us.

However, when our neighbor sold his house last fall he found a white one in his garage and gave it to me.

So today . . . we have a new skylight in our bathroom!

ProwlerMaxAirWhiteBefore-P6220992.jpg ProwlerMaxAirWhite-P6220993.jpg ProwlerMaxAirWhiteAfter-P6221006.jpg

Before and after shots:

ProwlerMaxAirWhiteBefore-P6220984.jpg ProwlerMaxAirWhiteAfter-P6221001.jpg

ProwlerMaxxAirBRdone-P1010892.jpg ProwlerMaxAirWhiteDone-P6220998.jpg

I like the look of all three black vent covers better as they match the AC unit, but function over bling is what I was after!

I discovered a couple of other issues while up there and fixed . . . will show photos of that in a little bit!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Really NICE work Jamie, so does she let you in the front door any longer??? I bet a little added natural light to that bathroom is nice though...

Thanks. Both windows leave in a lot of light.

The one leaves in a lot of color, bright light
24kw5r9.jpg

The other one looks a little bit more sinister
2e1viiw.jpg

JohnD

A few days ago when going into the Prowler I happened to look up and noticed that the awning was starting to pull away from the outside wall.

Since I was up on the roof today I looked at it from the top and noticed that the screws were loose . . .

Not just the ones where it was pulling away, but all of them the entire length of the awning, plus one has the head sheared off.

ProwlerAwningBefore-P6220987.jpg ProwlerAwningBefore-P6220990.jpg

I need to get some black caulking (or goo) to fill that spot . . . any ideas what I should get!

ProwlerAwningAfter-P6221003.jpg ProwlerAwningAfter-P6221004.jpg

I also discovered that almost every screw around the outside trim and seal of the big slide were just as loose, as well as the fender screws:

ProwlerAwningSlideScrews-P6221009.jpg

Fixed all of those, plus inspected the other two slides and most of the screws are loose on those as well.

Gonna go out and tackle those a little later when it cools off outside!

alwaysbusy

"I need to get some black caulking (or goo) to fill that spot . . . any ideas what I should get!"

Mr John,
Had this happen on mine...they use matching silicone caulk.

Chippendale

A few days ago when going into the Prowler I happened to look up and noticed that the awning was starting to pull away from the outside wall.

Since I was up on the roof today I looked at it from the top and noticed that the screws were loose . . .

Not just the ones where it was pulling away, but all of them the entire length of the awning, plus one has the head sheared off.

View attachment 52740 View attachment 52741

I need to get some black caulking (or goo) to fill that spot . . . any ideas what I should get!

View attachment 52738 View attachment 52739

I also discovered that almost every screw around the outside trim and seal of the big slide were just as loose, as well as the fender screws:

View attachment 52742

Fixed all of those, plus inspected the other two slides and most of the screws are loose on those as well.

Gonna go out and tackle those a little later when it cools off outside!

I bet that is what happened to the slide topper on my bedroom slide on the way to Alto. Guess I will get my handy dandy screwdriver and a little silicone adhesive and check everything out before I take it out again for the 4th. Of course, a ladder is involved and after what happened this morning when I was cleaning and waxing the front cap with Wash Wax All and decided to step back and admire my work, forgetting that I was standing on the 3rd step of an 8' ladder. Thank goodness it was the third step from the bottom and not the third from the top, but it sure was a hard landing on the gravel parking lot. All I did was tear about 4" of skin off my right arm, so considering everything, I am lucky. Guess there are a few more falls left in this old geezer.

JohnD

I bet that is what happened to the slide topper on my bedroom slide on the way to Alto. Guess I will get my handy dandy screwdriver and a little silicone adhesive and check everything out before I take it out again for the 4th. Of course, a ladder is involved and after what happened this morning when I was cleaning and waxing the front cap with Wash Wax All and decided to step back and admire my work, forgetting that I was standing on the 3rd step of an 8' ladder. Thank goodness it was the third step from the bottom and not the third from the top, but it sure was a hard landing on the gravel parking lot. All I did was tear about 4" of skin off my right arm, so considering everything, I am lucky. Guess there are a few more falls left in this old geezer.

I did something like that last summer when I was vacuuming the Prowler . . .

I was coming down the steps from the bedroom backwards vacuuming and I thought I was on the bottom step . . . NOT!

I lost my balance and slammed my left knee on the entrance door jam.

I can't get on both knees since then . . . my knee cap is messed up.

DOH!

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired

John, you could go to auto-zone or your favorite flavor of auto parts place and get a tube of Black RTV. It is usually with other sealants and gasket materials in the store. after application, you won't be able see a difference from screw head to no screw head. I would also take each screw out 1 by 1 and squeeze a little of that black RTV into each screw and run the screws back in. wipe the excess in such a way as the base of the screw has RTV all the way around for a good seal. If the screws came loose, then there is a chance of water intrusion into the wall of the trailer, now or later.

JohnD

John, you could go to auto-zone or your favorite flavor of auto parts place and get a tube of Black RTV. It is usually with other sealants and gasket materials in the store. after application, you won't be able see a difference from screw head to no screw head. I would also take each screw out 1 by 1 and squeeze a little of that black RTV into each screw and run the screws back in. wipe the excess in such a way as the base of the screw has RTV all the way around for a good seal. If the screws came loose, then there is a chance of water intrusion into the wall of the trailer, now or later.

The black stuff behind the awning rail (or whatever that is called where all of the screws are) looks more like the kind of stuff that is used to put in car windshields (eurathane? - not sure if that is spelled right but sounds like it) and not caulking.

It is raining out right now so probably won't do anything more with it until next week before we take off for our July 4th. campout.

It was in the upper 90's yesterday when I was out there working on it and that stuff was real gooey as it was in the direct sun so I think it may have sealed itself for now.

Nuclearcowboy

Not really the Landmark but had the SD drivers and passengers window tinted along with the sunroof. Amazing difference. We used LLumar brand their CTX ceramic.

Now seriously considering getting the 5th done

Did you find any reduction in the ability to see outside after the Llumar install? I need to reduce the amount of heat produced in my unit in the summer but my wife loves the views from inside, so I'm wondering about this. What did it cost you per window to have the ceramic Llumar installed?

- - - Updated - - -

Removed the King Jack TV antenna via either a tree branch or bird strike :mad:

Ouch!!

- - - Updated - - -

We have been looking into this also. The cost to do our 3970RD is almost as much as installing a third A/C. Our quote was about 1400.00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is great info - we have the same unit. How are the results?

rjr6150

Did you find any reduction in the ability to see outside after the Llumar install? I need to reduce the amount of heat produced in my unit in the summer but my wife loves the views from inside, so I'm wondering about this. What did it cost you per window to have the ceramic Llumar installed?

- - - Updated - - -

Ouch!!

- - - Updated - - -

That is great info - we have the same unit. How are the results?

Nick
we went with the 30% tint in order to be legal in CO. I'm amazed at the reduction in heat gain after install. My DW was also concerned about viability didn't want some dark as night tint. At this point we're both happy with the results.

Since it's my understanding we're not to discuss costs on the forum I've sent you a PM.

Nuclearcowboy

Nick
we went with the 30% tint in order to be legal in CO. I'm amazed at the reduction in heat gain after install. My DW was also concerned about viability didn't want some dark as night tint. At this point we're both happy with the results.

Since it's my understanding we're not to discuss costs on the forum I've sent you a PM.

Thanks!