Where should we hold the 2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I am not in favor of Las Vegas... I have been looking around for a place to stay this weekend. We have tickets for the DW & I to see the Elvis show. Oasis RV Park and Las Vagas RV Park as I have been reading about have really strict rules about Pets. It seems that they require our pets to do their business only in their pet runs, which have no grass. We are going to stay at Samstown for the weekend. I called them and asked their pet policy and they are only intrested in the size and type of dog.

BC

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
With so many areas to pick from, you could play pin the rally star on the map! As I see it where ever you do decide to go some will not be able to make it. Having no idea where it would best be held, I liked the idea of starting the dividing the country in fourths idea. That way at some time every 8 years EVERYONE would get at least a good chance to be close and every 4 years be kinda close. Just my two pennies worth.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am not in favor of Las Vegas... I have been looking around for a place to stay this weekend. We have tickets for the DW & I to see the Elvis show. Oasis RV Park and Las Vagas RV Park as I have been reading about have really strict rules about Pets. It seems that they require our pets to do their business only in their pet runs, which have no grass. We are going to stay at Samstown for the weekend. I called them and asked their pet policy and they are only intrested in the size and type of dog.

BC

We have stayed at the Oasis RV Park in Vegas twice in the last 2 months. We have never taken our two dogs to the pet run once. We walk them in the aisles, they do their business when necessary and we pick it up. Most others I have seen do the same. No one has ever said a word to us. I have seen only one dog in the pet run in the 5 days I have spent there.
I think it's more about the common sense of not letting your pet run all over and poop in others sites that they are concerned about.

DMitch

New England area would be nice for a national rally. Haven't had one out this way yet. There are plenty of great places that could host a large rally.

back2nature

We put in our vote for the southwest too. It's so beautiful in that area. There's got be somewhere that can accommodate a large group besides being in a big city like Las Vegas and dealing with all that traffic. Ugh.

Moose

New England or along Atlantic coast would be nice in July. Even the suggestion of Gettysburg, PA didn't seem too bad.

I like the idea of dividing up the "Continent" into quarters.

Would love to have you all in Maritime Provinces of Canada but not sure we have the sites to accommodate so many. Maybe the more knowledgeable Herring Chokers, Spud Islanders or Bluenosers can chime in.

I know you would all love Prince Edward Island in mid-late July.

dfk009

I nominate DuQuoin, IL. for the 2014 Heartland National Rally. They are very experienced at hosting National RV Rallies. Early Summer of 2011, they were host to the National Airstream Rally, and in the late Summer of 2011, they were host to Holiday Rambler's National Rally. They claim to have 1001 sites, plus a couple of very large buildings to house large meeting groups, and plenty room for dances. There are paved streets to the various activities. They are 20 miles from a major North/South interstate (I-57).

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I nominate DuQuoin, IL. for the 2014 Heartland National Rally. They are very experienced at hosting National RV Rallies. Early Summer of 2011, they were host to the National Airstream Rally, and in the late Summer of 2011, they were host to Holiday Rambler's National Rally. They claim to have 1001 sites, plus a couple of very large buildings to house large meeting groups, and plenty room for dances. There are paved streets to the various activities. They are 20 miles from a major North/South interstate (I-57).

No offense, Illinois is right next to Indiana. Very little difference as far as folks having to travel a ways to get there. :) JMHO

Let's change it up a bit. Trace

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Gets kinda warm down there in summer. Don't Texans head north for the summer?

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

As we look ahead to 2014, 2016 and beyond and as the club continues to grow, so too does the venue requirement. As such, we may be looking at places in parts of the country that may not be so tolerable in the traditional timeframe of mid-June. If we end up selecting a venue that is always really hot in mid-June, we'll try to book it for earlier in the year, such as mid to late May. Sooner if needed.

Everyone, please keep the ideas coming for 2014. Thanks,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.