Where should we hold the 2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick_debbie_gallant

I live in the actual NWS mapped out area known as Tornado Alley, (it's shaped like a boot, just fyi), literally the worst part of the United States for twisters, it's not that bad.
I think that the NWS should redo their mapping because it seems to me that Twister Territory has grown in the last 10 or so years and shifted North. But when planning your travels remember that Tornado Season runs from April to June.

Try telling that to all those that have had tornado's in all the other months! "OH-My, said Dorthy"!

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Try telling that to all those that have had tornado's in all the other months! "OH-My, said Dorthy"!

Well that's the main time frame. But, anytime you get warm and cold fronts together the formula is met. I've been around more than I can remember, in fact my home town was wiped off the face of the earth. These things are the most destructive force mother nature can throw at you and should not be taken lightly at all. A EF5 is wind speeds > 300 mph (finger of God). Thank the heavens that our technology has advanced to where we are at. We have early warning systems in place now that are awesome. In 1984 when Morris Oklahoma was hit (my hometown) 7 people may not have died. Since I retired, I started teaching as an Industrial Safety Trainer. One of the classes I teach is Tornado Spotting and Evacuation. I would like to do this class as a seminar at the next HOC National Rally.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
East Ridge, Tennessee ( Camp Jordan) Can hold over 300 rigs, Perry Georgia,(can hold over 1000), Lebanon Tennessee can hold over 1000. East Ridge close to I-75,I-40,I-24,I-59.

jpdoggett

Lee Is this the way you are trying to get us down to your part of the country, sounds good

East Ridge, Tennessee ( Camp Jordan) Can hold over 300 rigs, Perry Georgia,(can hold over 1000), Lebanon Tennessee can hold over 1000. East Ridge close to I-75,I-40,I-24,I-59.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The Amana colonies in Amana, Iowa is centrally located just off I-80 in east central Iowa.
Here is a quick rundown of their facilities.

The Amana Colonies RV Park & Event Center offers…
  • Accommodations for up to 500 units
  • Catering, tours, entertainment, and local theatre available
  • Rental equipment (tables & chairs) available
  • On-site meeting space for up to 1200 people
  • Special rally rates

Here is a link to ther groups/rallies information webpage.
http://amanarvpark.com/Page-Groups_9.aspx

Great location for both local and regional from touring the Amana to visiting the Field of Dream in Dyersville, Ia.

rick_debbie_gallant

Hastey said: " Thank the heavens that our technology has advanced to where we are at. We have early warning systems in place now that are awesome. In 1984 when Morris Oklahoma was hit (my hometown) 7 people may not have died."

Yes I agree, things have gotten better for warning folks of danger, But we still had over 500 killed by twisters last year.. Yes they are dangerous.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
I think that is a great idea.. One can never learn enough about safety, especially when it comes to bad weather.

Hey Herbiesrig I'm in your neck of the woods, "God's Country".
We're in Copper Harbor at Lake Fanny Hooe RV park.
Spent 4 days in Munsing at the City Tourist Park.
You and Karen said it was a nice place, and it is.
I will go back there.
We had some problems with low voltage in the park though.
I heard we just missed you and Karen.
Leave here Sat. morning, but don't know where we're going yet, maybe Iron Mountain area.
Looking for a campground/rv park to go to.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Branson = north (southern end) US
Nashville = middle US
Goshen = northern US
Gillette = northern US
Maybe it is time to go to the Southern or Northwestern US. Perry Georgia does have a great facility although it is way far east for many of the western folks to get there. Redman Oregon has a great facility. Then again Sedalia, Missouri does also.

jbeletti

... Since I retired, I started teaching as an Industrial Safety Trainer. One of the classes I teach is Tornado Spotting and Evacuation. I would like to do this class as a seminar at the next HOC National Rally.

Got you on my list Rex :)

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
How about Las Vegas in early June? Maybe we could get some of the Oregon and Washington members out.

ncc1701e

The Amana colonies in Amana, Iowa is centrally located just off I-80 in east central Iowa.
Here is a quick rundown of their facilities.

The Amana Colonies RV Park & Event Center offers…
  • Accommodations for up to 500 units
  • Catering, tours, entertainment, and local theatre available
  • Rental equipment (tables & chairs) available
  • On-site meeting space for up to 1200 people
  • Special rally rates

Here is a link to ther groups/rallies information webpage.
http://amanarvpark.com/Page-Groups_9.aspx

Great location for both local and regional from touring the Amana to visiting the Field of Dream in Dyersville, Ia.

We've camped here for 10 days last year. Very open, easy to get around, level campground and the colonies offer a great deal for just interesting sightseeing and great food. The only draw back was the park was a little dusty. But, i think this was due to new gravel on the sites and needed a little rain. We stumbled in during a Frieghtliner rally, so the facility will handle even the larges rigs without an issue. I'd have to vote Yes for a rally here.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We'll be having an Iowa chapter rally in October of 2013 at the Amana Colonies RV Park. As soon as I receive confirmation, I'll post the event. Should be some time next week.

dbbls59

A previous Good Sam rally was held at the fair grounds in Hutchinson, Kansas. Might check that out as it is almost in the center of the US. Another possibility is Will Rogers Downs in Claremore, Oklahoma. There are over 400 sites with full hookups.

Last edited:

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
My take on the location is, in the middle of the US certainly shuts out a lot of people on the outlined areas of the US. Not any good as to have it but it needs to be held where it is accessible to many, and not so far away from the east or west coast. Just my 2 cents worth.

Noobie

How about lazydays in either FL or Tucson AZ I can't speak to FL but Tucson has over 400 sites 30/50 amp FHU with the air & space museum 5 min away mout Lemmon 20 mins away Tucson mountain about 15 mins away the Titan missile museum old Tucson (wild west setup) desert museums full service center and dealership on grounds cheap(summer months are 20/night withs rally's even cheaper golf course nearby plenty of meeting rooms and full service resturant on the grounds 2 pools 24/hr gated with a contracted secuirity company also ASU wildcats stadium is nearby huge shopping district they also have cooled event center with stage that can seat 750-1000 or more

http://www.lazydaysrvcampground.com/group-sales.aspx

Last edited:

wildwolfproducts

Middle of the Country should allow the most people to make it. If its on the East Coast or West, that cuts out a lot of people that have to drive 2500 miles rather then half of that.
But then again if you have say 500 people that could make one in Say Southern Mo. But if were held in Las Vegas there would only be 200. It would need to be held where the most campers can make it . We have been having these type deals with a different group for years. With it in Ky we all site's booked but move it to Ok City and we had 30% of what we had in the other years. So middle of the county does not always work if 90% of the members that would show up are east of the Ms River.
Pete

hoefler

Middle of the Country should allow the most people to make it. If its on the East Coast or West, that cuts out a lot of people that have to drive 2500 miles rather then half of that.
But then again if you have say 500 people that could make one in Say Southern Mo. But if were held in Las Vegas there would only be 200. It would need to be held where the most campers can make it . We have been having these type deals with a different group for years. With it in Ky we all site's booked but move it to Ok City and we had 30% of what we had in the other years. So middle of the county does not always work if 90% of the members that would show up are east of the Ms River.
Pete

X2!!

If I have to drive 3-4 days one way, we are out. Somewhere in the middle would be great for use. We hear about all the great things that go on at the Rallies, but can't afford the drive time to experience it first hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.