Willowtree (Longs SC) IN THE SNOW

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Started snowing last night, Woke up this morning to about 3 or 4 inches. Its beautifull here with the snow! It is already starting to melt, So i have to go throw snowballs at Tim and Debbie as soon as they get up! LOL! Maybe some Snow Cream for breakfast? Larry, Gus, wish you guys were here. Will try to get some pictures loaded later, the wifi is acting a little weird this morning.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I was thinking about you guys last night when it started snowing. Wish I was there too!!

We have about 4 inches here. Very pretty but now it needs to go away.

Hope you guys have fun. BTW, is anybody actually using the hot tubs???

Our back yard

HPIM1401.jpg

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Yes we were in the hotub last night about 9:00 with the snow falling. And our neighbors on both sides were in theirs also. Thats a great picture of your backyard. I know exactly how you feel. It snowed, We took a picture, its pretty, now it needs to melt!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Would loved to have been there with you guys. I couldn't get the trailer out right now if my life depended on it! Still almost two feet of snow around it for at least 25 yards in all directions. It's at my son's house and his 4x4 is still stuck in the back part of his driveway.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Isn't snowfall in the lowcountry pretty? I remember living at Pawley's Island in the 70's and having a 3" snowfall. Everyone had their cameras out taking pics.

jgoddardg

Nabo, were were in Garden City/Surfside in the early '70s and the Beach received nearly a foot of snow. Some of my friends from the Carolinas were out on the beach doing snow angels. Life at MBAFB in the '70s was very nice. Then transferred to Syracuse, NY and really found out what it means to see snow. This winter is bringing back those memories, and I wish they would go away. We've seen over 100 inches of snow this year and expecting 3 to 5 more today. I'm ready to go back south!!!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
John - I used to teach horsebacking riding lessons at the stables on the AFB at MB. How small this world seems to get and Yes - I agree, MB then was entirely different than it is today. Family still has a beach house in NMB area but we just don't go down there cuz of the crowds and traffic. Sad to see progress.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Re: Willow tree (Longs SC) IN THE SNOW - pics added

Couldnt post any pics while there. the wifi was too slow to upload them. So here are just a few. For anyone who hasnt been, Willow tree is a beautiful RV park. We had a great weekend, Great friends, great food. Only problem was it ended to soon! No problems, no frozen water. Now we can say we have been to Myrtle Beach in the snow.
Our Bighorn 3410 in the snow..
264.jpg

Tim and Debbies landmark in the snow...
259.jpg

The view acroos the lake...
265.jpg

Last edited:

jgoddardg

That is NOT the way I want to remember Myrtle Beach. Beautiful pics, but I want to see pretty green golf courses and white, sandy beaches - and then go to Callabash for some great fried oysters and shrimp and hushpuppies. Now, that may be a dream, at least for now as I just got off the tractor pushing snow and can barely see what was just scraped off the driveway as it continues to fall. What a winter!