Window mechanism

Mrsfish

Some of our windows open by sliding up and down. At the top of the sliding window are 2 levers that are moved at the same time to release the pegs and allow the window to move. Tonight 9ne of the levers has jammed and we cannot either raise of lower the window. It is stuck open with 6 inches to go. Has anyone run across this before? And are there any suggestions on what to do? Going to be a chilly evening

gasman

Camp Socializer
Some of our windows open by sliding up and down. At the top of the sliding window are 2 levers that are moved at the same time to release the pegs and allow the window to move. Tonight 9ne of the levers has jammed and we cannot either raise of lower the window. It is stuck open with 6 inches to go. Has anyone run across this before? And are there any suggestions on what to do? Going to be a chilly evening

Ann, I’ve had that happen. It seems like the latch had partially pulled out of the top of the panel. I just raised up on it and popped the latch back into place and it worked fine.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure about your windows but I can remove the slider by grabbing the top and bottom of the slider and move it to one side or the other then pull it out.
Maybe you can remove yours and have an easier time troubleshooting or fixing the latch.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Look in the window channel. There are probably stops that prevent the window from being raised too far. Remove them and then push the window higher past the levers. If the window panel is just cocked out of position, that should allow you to straighten it and slide it back down. Then reinstall the stops.

Having to repair the screens, I learned how to disassemble the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrsfish

Didn’t want to leave this hanging...we were able to muscle, jolt and pry the window peg back into place. Thanks all for your suggestions...I knew I could count on you !!