Windows drafty

coltsdad

Texas-North Chapter Leaders-Retired
Since we've had the new rig I have noticed a cold draft when sitting on the couch. I was tracing wiring last night so I can put a switch on the Furion camera and noticed daylight through the corner of the window. I opened it and found two spots about a half inch on each side of the lower gasket cut out. Are the gaps for water drainage around the windows? If not I think I will add a piece of weatherstrip to close the gap. I checked the other windows and the gaps are in all the frame-less windows on the rig.

window 1.jpgwindow 2.jpg

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Yes. They are "weep" holes for any inside condensation. They exist on the frameless and sliders in the slide ends. When there is a cold wind a slight draft is present. If you're planning to seal them, make it temporary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCTalley

Note that if you are in a warm climate in the fall that Asian ladybugs and Stinkbugs love those entrances into your trailer. Nice and easy entrance. I put a piece of similar weatherstripping in the gaps in mine. I purposefully cut them a little smaller than the opening so that water could still drain out but the bugs can't fit in.

coltsdad

Texas-North Chapter Leaders-Retired
I found some weatherstrip at the shop so, when I got home I sealed the gaps. I took yalls advice and left very small openings so any moisture can still drain. I have lots of this stuff so if anyone would like some, pm me your address and I'll put it in the mail to you. I now have some in the trailer for the rallies also.

20170315_190433.jpg