Winterizing Dish Washer

Garypowell

I have an Edgestar dishwasher installed in my Bighorn 3010. For the first time I need to winterize the unit as it is now permanently set in North Carolina rather than being stored in Florida for the Winter.

This dishwasher has a heater in it that will raise the water temperature if not sufficient for a wash......it is automatic......no way to turn it off.

For those who have dishwashers, and if they have these heaters, is this a problem during (or after) the winterizing process?

I am probably going to have to run at least two 10 minute cycles to insure it is fully winterized and am concerned what happens to the fluid if it is heated.

Thanks for your help.

jbeletti

Gary - this is what I do:

• Turn off water valve that supplies DW
  • Hookup compressed air (~40 PSI) to the water input of the DW
  • Run the DW on a wash cycle and shut it off after you believe the air has blown the water out of the internal lines and into the DW cavity
  • Pour 2 cups of RV antifreeze into the DW (not into the lines but into the bottom of the inside of the unit)
  • Disconnect the drain line and place a bowl or similar to the water discharge port of the DW
  • Run the DW on a rinse cycle to force the antifreeze through the discharge plumbing
  • Collect the antifreeze in the bowl
  • Replace the drain line
  • Disconnect the compressed air and reconnect DW to the plumbing