Fellow Heartlander is walking Appalachian Trail

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Doug Sloan a member of the Florida chapter began a new chapter in his life on March 26 by starting his walk on the Appalachia trail
For those who would like to wish him well you can go thttp://www.trailjournals.com/coffee .He is known as Dougs on the forum.
LindaW

jbeletti

Linda - thanks for sharing the link to Doug's hiking blog. I remember the last time I saw Doug in FL, he was so fit and excited about his AT hike. I just read his entire blog. Wishing him (and Mary) all the best on his journey.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
In college I had dreams of doing this. Friend and I had actually started making plans but life got in the way. Good luck to Doug and I will go check out his blog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aatauses

Since we are a backpacking family, it was no surprise when our daughter decided to hike the trail, basically by herself in 2009----we took the BH and hopscotched up the east coast and did several short (100 mi) hikes with her. since we are from ME, when she hit the NH/ME line several friends joined her on several occasion. It was great and she finished that fall in our home state of ME.
GOOD LUCK Doug ---it will be an experience---if you need any information about sections, let us know.
al

DougS

Doug S
Well this is a nice surprise. I called home and my wife told me Linda West posted I was on the AT, thank you Linda. This is my third night, this tent is no Landmark. I have been taking it slow trying to get my hiker or trail legs. I have very weak signal here on Gooch Mountain, GA. For those who left a journal thanks, I'll try to read them and still have battery in iPhone. Trail name Coffee.

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Doug, I was expecting you to be in North Carolina and close to Virginia. Just joking. I know that the rain and cold temps have to affect you. The best of luck.
Keep us informed. Randy, Santha and the Poodles