jbeletti's 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland

jbeletti

My Mods: Added Storage Box for Sewer Hose

For many years now, I've had the luxury of not having to store my sewer hose in the storage bay of the coach. For the past few coaches, I always bought the long pipe and custom molded hatch that is all designed to store the Waste Master Sewer System (18 foot hose, nozzle and rubber donut). Now that Lippert owns this product, they've made a roto-molded box to store this system. I grabbed one when I visited Lippert's Aftermarket Products Divison in South Bend, IN last week.

While scoping out how/where to install it, I found a black pipe (LP) in my way. See another post in this thread where I removed this black pipe.

This product is designed to mount to the outer frame rail with a brackets on both sides. It is designed to be supported at the rear with a clamp-like bracket that the box slides into. There were no support members above my installation location for this rear support bracket, so I am fashioning a work-around.

Here's what this box looks like, both closed and opened. It has a thumb-turn lock on the left and a 751 key lock on the right. If the thumb-lock gets the job done, I likely won't lock the 751. Not seen in this straight-on picture are areas on both long sides where a hole can be cut to thread your sewer hose through. The premise with that is that if you wanted to, you could replumb your sewer outlet so it discharges parallel to the coach, then run the hose out the box and connect up to the sewer outlet. Or even leave it connected to the sewer outlet. I plan to simply use it as a storage box.

IMAG2561.jpg IMAG2563.jpg IMAG2579.jpg IMAG2584.jpg IMAG2587.jpg

Last edited:

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Re: My Mods: Added Storage Box for Sewer Hose

Jim - I see your steps on the far side. Question is:
1: Is the box mounted east to west on the coach (from one side to the other side)
2: Is the box toward the rear side of the steps

It's a cool looking storage box.

jbeletti

Jim - I see your steps on the far side. Question is:
1: Is the box mounted east to west on the coach (from one side to the other side)
2: Is the box toward the rear side of the steps

It's a cool looking storage box.

The sewer hose storage box is mounted across (side to side) of the underbelly. I'd guess the box at the front hatch is 14" wide by about 3 feet long.

Nabo

Ok - so it doesn't go all the way across the bottom of the coach - right? Did you mount it on the off side of camper in front of the wheels?

jbeletti

Re: My Mods: Removed 14' of Black Pipe (for LP)

Great job. Wish all of us had your luck.

Not sure what luck you speak of but I'm not always lucky. Check my Air Bag thread :) Or coming soon, the "RV barely fit through my RV garage door" thread. Just met with a contractor today to get a price on raising the height of my garage door tracks/motor to that when open, it gives me another 2" of clearance. It took me and 4 spotters to get the coach in and still had issues :(

Nabo

Yes and she's in which was a big hurdle eventho you had an exhaust pipe issue. Were you successful in getting the door raise a little?

jbeletti

Ok - so it doesn't go all the way across the bottom of the coach - right? Did you mount it on the off side of camper in front of the wheels?

You are correct on both. Sorry for not getting a picture that shows more context but my back is against the wall - literally to get that shot :) I mounted mine on the off-door-side, 2" aft of the drop frame. The 2" is a function of the width of the supplied brackets for the box. So that puts me maybe 4 feet from the sewer hose. I could have mounted it closer to the sewer outlet but the more I can put items forward, the better for me, due on my 7 degree sloped driveway. Stuff rearward gets REAL close to scraping the driveway :(

jbeletti

Yes and she's in which was a big hurdle eventho you had an exhaust pipe issue. Were you successful in getting the door raise a little?

No success in getting the door raised at all - the day I came home with the coach from our Knoxville trip. Much success next week when I pay a contractor to raise the tracks though :)

Nabo

Oh so sorry that the door couldn't have the springs tighten more instead of raising the track.

jbeletti

Oh so sorry that the door couldn't have the springs tighten more instead of raising the track.

One benefit to living in a small town perhaps - the rate to do the work they will be doing, in my opinion, is really low. Sign me up!

jbeletti

My Mods: Removed Ladder

I decided to remove my ladder for several reasons. It was too tight for clearance into my garage and it is too light duty for my personal weight. So off it came. I will use some Dicor Self Leveling Roof Sealant to cover the screw holes. I used some round plastic plugs inside each of the ladder stanchions to sort of dress them out.

I used a Vinyl Siding Zip tool to scrape the old Dicor off the roof. Worked great.

DSCN9534.JPG DSCN9535.JPG DSCN9537.JPG DSCN9538.JPG DSCN9539.JPGDSCN9540.JPG DSCN9541.JPG

jbeletti

My Mods: Shelving in Bedroom

There's a narrow lower cabinet to the left of the vanity in the bedroom that was one tall space. Nancy wanted a couple of shelves in there to be able to use the space more efficiently. Some scrap wood and a few screws and boom - shelves :)

IMAG2659.jpg IMAG2661.JPG IMAG2660.jpg

jbeletti

My Mods: Added the RV Lock 4.0 to my entrance door

Love the RV Lock and had to get it installed on the new coach. Today was the day :)

Before

Before - Outside.jpg Before - Inside.jpg

After

After - Outside.jpg After - Inside.jpg

I did have to do a bit of trimming. In 3 spots. Two were for the screw hole bodies. For that, I used a drill and bit and milled a bit into the door for clearance. The third spot was a small amount of trimming for the lower corner of the lock body. Used the drill bit again.

Trimming

Trimming - Outside.jpg

porthole

Retired
Re: My Mods: Shelving in Bedroom

Ah com'on Jim - non matching wood types ;)

Home Depot or Lowe's - pre-finished wood shelves - just say'in .......................

jbeletti

Ah com'on Jim - non matching wood types ;)

Home Depot or Lowe's - pre-finished wood shelves - just say'in .......................

I know - I know! Thing is, I don't keep these coaches for more than 2-years, so it's not something we live with for a long time. And I had scraps :)

ILH

I know - I know! Thing is, I don't keep these coaches for more than 2-years, so it's not something we live with for a long time. And I had scraps :)

Yes, but you have an audience! And while we're at it, please stop - you're giving the wife way to many ideas. :(

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Yes, but you have an audience! And while we're at it, please stop - you're giving the wife way to many ideas. :(

Wife had that "add a shelf" idea last winter. Added a shelf to each cabinet on either side of the fireplace. Also removed the lower closet rod and added a shelf in its place for jeans and shoes on the floor below it. Used prefinished shelves from lowes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ILH

I put in all kinds of shelves the first year - but the wife has been bugging me for other things such as toilet paper holders, towel racks, etc. I've been really reluctant to screw into the walls.

donr827

Jim, it seems that by the time you get a new trailer customized to your and the bosses liking it time for a new trailer,;)
Don