jbeletti's 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland

jbeletti

Hey Jim...sorry I missed helping you with this again...seems you do this with almost every new coach...;).

I liked where my hookups in my 2008 Bighorn were...on the right side wall in the closet...we built a shelf to lift dryer above hookups which gave us easy access. They're not too bad in our 2013 Landmark either...our W/D close this in the bedroom up front...there is in access panel in the side of the closet wall adjoining the W/D closet...we just remove clothes, unscrew panel and we can reach the valves.

Heartland needs to rethink the valves location when the closet is on the main floor....

Hi Kathy - thanks sis' - I know you would have helped me had you been here :)

Actualy - of 7 LMs now, this is the 3rd I've had to turn the water on to the washer. I think winter builds that ship winterized, that the valves remain off for the washer. Still no fun! I will follow up with HL and renew my campaign to have these moved to the side.

DWH

Jim, In my first landmark they forgot to hook up the washer hoses. Real inconvient. However I didn't have to take the door off. I unscrewed the dryer from the washer. Took down the shelf. The I lifted the dryer and my wife placed two pieces 2X10 on edge about 20" apart on top of washer. I set dryer down on 2X10s. My wife made sure the the boards didn't tip and it was easy to reach back and hook up the hoses. Worked for me.

DWH

jbeletti

Jim, In my first landmark they forgot to hook up the washer hoses. Real inconvient. However I didn't have to take the door off. I unscrewed the dryer from the washer. Took down the shelf. The I lifted the dryer and my wife placed two pieces 2X10 on edge about 20" apart on top of washer. I set dryer down on 2X10s. My wife made sure the the boards didn't tip and it was easy to reach back and hook up the hoses. Worked for me.

DWH

Great idea. At times, I tend to overthink things. In this case, I ended up needing to swap the hot and cold lines and would not have known they were swapped unless I could see both the inlets on the washer and the outlets at the valves.

Last edited:

jbeletti

My Mods: Added 3/4 Depth Shelf in Upper Cabinet

With a straight-line roof system on the entire coach, this allowed Heartland to use taller slide rooms. That then allowed Heartland to create tall cabinets. Tall cabinets means more storage. But in some cases, you need to unlock that storage.

Above the living room TV in most LM 365 floor plans, there are 3 square cabinets. They are tall and deep. In order to better utilize the space in one of them, I made and added a shelf that is about 3/4 the depth of the cabinet. This allows me to use a couple of plastic shoe boxes as storage containers. Below is a picture of how it looks.
IMAG2731.jpg

Note that in most of the upper cabinets, Heartland does have shelves in them. And in the 3 cabinets above the TV, I plan to leave at least 1 cabinet without shelves. Having a mix of cabinets with and without shelves gives me more flexible storage options.

jbeletti

My Mods: Relocated Dyson Vacuum Cleaner

At this time, LM 365 comes with a Dyson Cordless Vacuum Cleaner. In my floor plan (Ashland), it was mounted in the bedroom front closet on the door side wall. Not super convenient to grab out and put back. I relocated ours to the washer/dryer closet. After some trial and error, I finally found the right height that allows the closet door to shut and to not interfere with the doors on the washer or dryer.

Corrected image below - added 25-Mar.
IMAG2736.jpg

Last edited:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Re: My Mods: Relocated Dyson Vacuum Cleaner

At this time, LM 365 comes with a Dyson Cordless Vacuum Cleaner. In my floor plan (Ashland), it was mounted in the bedroom front closet on the door side wall. Not super convenient to grab out and put back. I relocated ours to the washer/dryer closet. After some trial and error, I finally found the right height that allows the closet door to shut and to not interfere with the doors on the washer or dryer.

View attachment 35461

. We have noticed the Dyson also comes in the BH model we've been ogling over. If we make the switch later this year I intend to relocate it from the bedroom closet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Re: My Mods: Two-Stage Water Filtration System Installed

Looks like Heartland has finally realized that the pinch fitting do not work on the white braided flex hose!

I guess so Michael. Actually, there's very little white vinyl hose used back there anymore. A small loop on the Anderson valve (that I removed to add my filters) and a section on the water pump.

sjandbj

Jim,
Sorry to be so late getting back to you. I got stuck in Finland doing some work. I have attached some pictures of what I did. The clear pipe I ordered on line but i had to get a 6 foot piece for a 6 inch job so I have a lot left over. I am willing to share if you are interested.IMG_1066.JPGIMG_1067.JPGIMG_1068.JPGIMG_1069.JPGIMG_1070.JPG

Steve - I'd love to see straight on and side view pictures of your sewer outlet area if you get a chance. Love the idea of a clear section up top but never thought about clear PVC. Where did you get your clear PVC and what sort of money did they get for it. Also, does it have a slight blue tint for UV stability? Saw some online and most had a blue tint.

jbeletti

My Mods: Added Ceiling Light in Utility Area

Today, while back in utility area completing the water filter project, I added a light to the ceiling. This is a typical "pancake" style light (a single).

I tied it to the power feeding the same type of light inside the UDC.
Ceiling Lighting Installed in Utility Area.jpg

jbeletti

My Mods: Mounted Commode Sprayer

My Landmark was made a week before we changed to using the Dometic 320 commode. I got the plant to swap my commode out to the 320 before I left Elkhart. They installed the supplied sprayer but didn't mount the holder to the wall. So here's my 3 minute mod - installing the commode sprayer holder.
Commode Sprayer Holder - Installed.jpg

jbeletti

My Mods: Utility Wall Track and Hold Back

I find myself going "behind the wall" quite often in my demo coaches for one reason or another. I have my 2-stage water filtration system back there - so I'm back there changing filters a few times a year.

In my last demo coach, I bought some aluminum channel stock and used it as a pocket track on the floor for the removable wall section. It was a simple and useful mod, so I added it to my current demo coach today. I removed all 4 screws from the wall and simply drop the wall into the track like a pocket. I added a bungee cord to the wall and pull the bungee back around the side of the UDC wall and tether it to a hook. When I want to remove the wall, I remove the bungee from the hook and lift the wall out.
Floor Tracking for Wall Installed.jpg Floor Track in Place for Wall.jpg Bungee Cord Installed on Wall.jpg Bungee Cord in Closed Position.jpg

As a side project to this one, the small fixed wall section on the side of the UDC seems a bit flimsy at the top. I decided to reinforce it by adding a length of 2x2 blocking. I screwed the 2x2 to the ceiling, the screwed the side wall into the blocking.
Support - Blocking Added.jpg UDC Side Wall attached to Blocking.jpg

jbeletti

My Mods: Added Remote Control Caddy

My LM 365 came with these cool remote control caddys on each side of the bed. I guess you can use them for other things (glasses, phones etc.). Anyway, I ordered one from Heartland Customer Service and installed it next to my chair in the living room. I'm showing it with remote controls in it but I'm thinking of using it to store my cell phone and charge it in there at night. May have to drill a hole in the bottom to route the charging cord into it. For now, I did add 2 layers of shelf liner to the inside-bottom to cushion whatever I store there. I'm including the part number (P/N 0171598) and description that was stuck on the caddy in case anyone else wants to order one from Heartland.
Remote Control Holder.jpg Remote Control Holder - Installed.jpg Remote Control Caddy - Part Number.jpg

Last edited:

jbeletti

My Mods: Replaced OEM Smoke Detector with Nest Protect Smoke and CO Detector

In my last demo coach, I replaced the OEM Smoke Detector in the hallway with a Nest Protect Smoke/CO Detector. I took that Nest Protect with me and just reinstalled it in the current demo coach. Easy install. Used the same screws and holes. It will be easy to remove and replace with the OEM unit when I turn this coach back in.

OEM Smoke Detector.jpg Nest Protect Smoke and CO Detector - 1.jpg Nest Protect Smoke and CO Detector - 2.jpg

jbeletti

My Mods: Added Switch to Power Circuit for Communications Gear

I am adding some communucations gear (router, modem etc.) to my coach. I have a DC power feed coming up from the fuse panel to the area above the switch/control panel area. Today, I added a switch to this power circuit so I can cut power to my comm gear completely if/when needed. It's also a great way to power-cycle all my comm gear at the same time.

Installing Switch for DC Power to Comm Gear - 1.jpg Installing Switch for DC Power to Comm Gear - 2.jpg Installing Switch for DC Power to Comm Gear - 3.jpg Installing Switch for DC Power to Comm Gear - 4.jpg

Bones

Re: My Mods: Added Remote Control Caddy

My LM 365 came with these cool remote control caddys on each side of the bed. I guess you can use them for other things (glasses, phones etc.). Anyway, I ordered one from Heartland Customer Service and installed it next to my chair in the living room. I'm showing it with remote controls in it but I'm thinking of using it to store my cell phone and charge it in there at night. May have to drill a hole in the bottom to route the charging cord into it. For now, I did add 2 layers of shelf liner to the inside-bottom to cushion whatever I store there. I'm including the part number and description that was stuck on the caddy in case anyone else wants to order one from Heartland.
View attachment 35748 View attachment 35749 View attachment 35750

I was looking for just that thing for mu remotes in my RV. How do you order things from heartland?

jbeletti

I was looking for just that thing for mu remotes in my RV. How do you order things from heartland?

Hi Bones - glad you found something in my posts useful. Give Heartland Customer Service a call on Monday and ask for Parts - 877-262-8032.

Or - join the Heartland Owners Club, obtain your member number, then call to order the part and save 10% for being a Club member.

travlingman

Hi Bones - glad you found something in my posts useful. Give Heartland Customer Service a call on Monday and ask for Parts - 877-262-8032.

Or - join the Heartland Owners Club, obtain your member number, then call to order the part and save 10% for being a Club member.

Will be ordering 2 of them Monday.