jbeletti's 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland

porthole

Retired
Re: My Mods: Laptop Power Supply Holder

This could be nice for those of us that can't see the hitch from the cab and make one or two trips back to the jacks to get the hookup height.
"Nice", but not nice enough for $600 (for me).

Going forward, perhaps they will just make a running a change to the controller and then it could be a cheaper, simpler upgrade, like programming a key fob.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Still does not help see hitch saddle on initial approach. So really is there a $600 benny here?

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
Re: My Mods: Added LevelUp Wireless Controller

The remote is optional. It would not help us at all, as we cannot see the hitch from inside the truck. I have to get out of the truck to check anyways. I can see the benefits though.

Jamie, I use mine all the time and adjust up or down from the truck cab. I too can't see the hitch because of my tonneau cover but I installed a camera in the bed that looks directly at the hitch. It's just awesome.

Bob

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

Jamie, I use mine all the time and adjust up or down from the truck cab. I too can't see the hitch because of my tonneau cover but I installed a camera in the bed that looks directly at the hitch. It's just awesome.

Bob

Bob, what are you doing.... No more ideas!!!

Hmmmm. I do have an EyeBall camera siting in the garage not being used.

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired

Bob, what are you doing.... No more ideas!!!

Hmmmm. I do have an EyeBall camera siting in the garage not being used.

Here's a picture of the set-up.

Attachments

• Hitching camera.jpg
    Hitching camera.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 189

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Re: My Mods: Inverter/Refer Status Light

Today, I added an Inverter Status Light to the coach. It's the green LED that appears below, above my front jack switch. By extension, this is really by Refer Status Light. If the Inverter is on, my Refer "should be" on. If I look in my rearview mirror and do not see the green light, I know to stop and check things out.

Cost of this project is about $15. Less if you have the AC to DC adapter on-hand. See attached PDF for a more detailed project write-up.

The unlit light next to the green light is a Blue LED. It will be detailed in an upcoming project called Water Pump Switches and Status Light.
View attachment 35400

Very nice
where did you wire it into ? Is it 110 or 12V ?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The AC to DC transformer was plugged into the duplex AC outlet on the Inverter.

Hi Jim
I assume the indicator light needs to be on the 110AC side of the inverter. So you know the inverter is doing it's job. I'm thinking the light needs to be plugged in to the 2nd outlet on the inverter and the fridge in the first outlet. so I'm thinking I need a 110AC indicator light. Or is there a better way that I'm missing ? With that said I cant find a light like that on the Internet.

jbeletti

Hi Jim
I assume the indicator light needs to be on the 110AC side of the inverter. So you know the inverter is doing it's job. I'm thinking the light needs to be plugged in to the 2nd outlet on the inverter and the fridge in the first outlet. so I'm thinking I need a 110AC indicator light. Or is there a better way that I'm missing ? With that said I cant find a light like that on the Internet.

The indicator light I use is 12 VDC. It get powers from the output of the AC to DC power supply that I use. That power supply plugs into the AC output of the inverter. The transfer switch for the refer also plugs into the AC outlet of the inverter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The indicator light I use is 12 VDC. It get powers from the output of the AC to DC power supply that I use. That power supply plugs into the AC output of the inverter. The transfer switch for the refer also plugs into the AC outlet of the inverter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK got it. Thanks Jim

jbeletti

My Mods: Permanent Gate Valve added at Sewer Outlet

While I don't have leaky gate valves on any of my tanks, sometimes, I believe some "material" is held/trapped in a low spot between the valves at the output of my tanks to the combined sewer outlet on the side of the coach.

Many RVers will add a Valterra brand (or similar) gate valve at the sewer outlet. The traditional coupler is what is called a "Bayonet Coupler". This interface is "okay" but not amazing. Have you ever had to "hump the stinky slinky" and had your sewer hose spin off the sewer outlet? Yuck - been there, done that - twice!

As many know, since 2008, I've been using the Waste Master sewer hose with it's associated "Cam-Lock" fitting system. So on my coach, I don't have the bayonet barbs and sewer cap. I sawed off those 4 barbs, discarded that cap and glued on the 3" slip to female Cam-Lock adapter with plug.

Today, I added a gate valve behind the sewer outlet. I went with a Valterra (7301 - Valterra site link / Amazon.com link $22.11) 3" Slip x 3" Slip ABS Gate Valve with Plastic Paddle and Plastic Handle.

I've been told by another gate valve manufacturer that gate valves work best, long-term when the blade is oriented vertically where when open, the blade goes straight up and when closed, the blade goes straight down - guillotine-like. As such, I oriented mine this way. It doesn't show well in the images below, but I have enough space above the valve handle to easily open it fully and still have my hand on top of it.

No more dirty water surprises for me!

Here's the "before" picture showing the Cam-Lock adapter and plug that is on my coach permanently.
FullSizeRender 17.jpg

Here's the new Valve and Tools/Supplies I used for the install.
FullSizeRender 19.jpg

Here are some close-up pictures of the Valve. I blanked out the lablel on the first picture as the seller on Amazon mislabeled this item as 7301M instead of what I was shipped - a 7301. The M means Metal handle. Oh well...
FullSizeRender 15.jpg FullSizeRender 18.jpg FullSizeRender 16.jpg

Here I've marked the center point with a paint pen at various points around an existing straight section of 3" ABS pipe, I've scored around it with a saw and then I roughed the surface up with emory cloth.
FullSizeRender 20.jpg

After pictures.
FullSizeRender 22.jpg IMG_3872.jpg IMG_3869.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Re: My Mods: Permanent Gate Valve added at Sewer Outlet

Nice Job Jim looks good.
Have you found a way to put a clear 45 between the hose and the coach ? I find that thing make life so much easier while dumping. I know exactly whats going on in there.

jbeletti

Nice Job Jim looks good.
Have you found a way to put a clear 45 between the hose and the coach ? I find that thing make life so much easier while dumping. I know exactly whats going on in there.

Thanks. I have a clear section in my sewer hose, so that works for me - link. That said, I just searched and found 3" slip, clear PVC elbow - link. But WOW - the price!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thanks. I have a clear section in my sewer hose, so that works for me - link. That said, I just searched and found 3" slip, clear PVC elbow - link. But WOW - the price![/QUOTE

Nice I like it, thanks for the link. The Lippert hose kit has the clear section in it, that's all you need. I like the set up. Will the dump end of the hose come off so it would fit in the hose storage tube ? It looks kinda permanent in the pictures.

jbeletti

Nice I like it, thanks for the link. The Lippert hose kit has the clear section in it, that's all you need. I like the set up. Will the dump end of the hose come off so it would fit in the hose storage tube ? It looks kinda permanent in the pictures.

The nozzle is replaceable by pushing out 2 pins but in practice, I don't think the product would hold up to repeated removals and reinstallation of the nozzle as the holes for the pins would loosen up. Lippert makes a storage container for the hose that mounts under the RV frame. I have one on mine.

WM-Case_3.jpg

Last edited:

porthole

Retired

I'm a fan of the whole cam lock principal, but the valve end being non removable is a deal killer for me. Mentioned that at Goshen (as well as their own hose not fitting properly in their own hose tray) and it was basically dismissed as not worthwhile.

BTW, with the Valeterra add on gate valve, for those not interested in gluing one on permanently, I use black RESCUE tape to make mine semi permanent.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The nozzle is replaceable by pushing out 2 pins but in practice, I don't think the product would hold up to repeated removals and reinstallation of the nozzle as the holes for the pins would loosen up. Lippert makes a storage container for the hose that mounts under the RV frame. I have one on mine.

Thanks I did see that box in the pictures. I might put this on my to do list. Thanks Jim

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a fan of the whole cam lock principal, but the valve end being non removable is a deal killer for me. Mentioned that at Goshen (as well as their own hose not fitting properly in their own hose tray) and it was basically dismissed as not worthwhile.

BTW, with the Valeterra add on gate valve, for those not interested in gluing one on permanently, I use black RESCUE tape to make mine semi permanent.
I liked your setup too. I will look into both.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I will have to design my own with a combination of both.

jbeletti

...(as well as their own hose not fitting properly in their own hose tray) and it was basically dismissed as not worthwhile...

Duane, are you saying the Waste Master Hose doesn't fit right in the Flow Down product? Mine does - though at times, I wish I had an additional section of Flow Down for longer runs.