jbeletti's 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Re: My Mods: Relocated Bedroom Closet Rod

Little tongue in cheek there Jim.

When we would travel by boat in the past, the length of the trip could be judged by the increase in depth of the water line. Kind of referring to Deb's attempt to "sink the boat", bringing a years worth of clothing and supplies for a two week trip :rolleyes:

Your Deb and my Deb have a lot in common. I used to ask my Deb if she was trying to keep me from getting on plane. :angel: Now I just "gently" remind her that we have to watch our pin weight!

jbeletti

My Mods: TV Cabinet LED Strip Light

Most LM365 floor plans have a large TV that is on a mount that pivots out into the room about 90 degrees. Behind the TV are 3 shelves. I find this area a bit dark for my needs. Time to add some custom lighting!

For about $30 (Lowes), I added a 36" LED strip light. I had the wire on-hand and had Heartland Customer Service send me the switch.

The LED strip itself took a minute to install. Routing the wiring from a DC power source took about an hour or two.

I had on-hand, a surface mount DC fuse panel / distribution center from an old car computer installation. I used that piece of over-kill as my DC power distribution point for this project and future DC powered projects in this area. I grabbed power from the back of the DC receptacle in the upper-left cabinet above the TV and installed the fuse panel there. I routed a DC circuit down into the wall that divides the large center space behind the TV from the tall narrow cabinet to the left of the center space.

Here's some pics...

Routed wire from upper cabinet, down into side wall.jpg Peeled back the side wall to run the switch wire.jpg Switch Wires 1.jpg Switch wires in context.jpg IMAG3571.jpg IMAG3566.jpgIMAG3572.jpg IMAG3570.jpg IMAG3565.jpg IMAG3577.jpg

'Lil Guy'

That's a clean install on the lights. Since the LED lights don't draw much, could you tie in to the existing setup and put an 18" strip in the center of the other 2 shelves? Again, nice and clean installation there.

Last edited by a moderator:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

Funny Jim.
Mark did something similar back there but without the fuse box thing. We had a flexible strip of little LEDS that could be cut to length and has a key fob remote. He wired that in a mounted the remote with velcro so its easy to get to. I'm amazed at how many things he has found to do to our LM Key West and we haven't even been out in it yet!

Kristy

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

That's a clean install on the lights. Since the LED lights don't draw much, could you tie in to the existing setup and put an 18" strip in the center of the other 2 shelves? Again, nice and clean installation there.

Thanks Frank. Sure, no issue adding more. In fact, the package states you can add six 18 sections. My guess is that the limitation is the power supply shipped with the unit - which I'm not using as I am directly powering it via DC.

In terms of the other 2 shelves, I am getting the amount of light on them that I want. Those shelves are so short, a light above each would be REAL bright and for my application, overkill (though when has that stopped me from doing a mod? :))

jbeletti

Kristy - Mark and I sound a lot alike. This is a great platform. Now..... how can I make it better? It's a curse :)

jbeletti

My Mods: Laptop Power Supply Holder

I ordered a couple more Basket-Small / Utility Box - Powder Coated Black - P/N 0171598 from Heartland to use to manage laptop power supplies and cordage behind the theater seating.

Our dogs LOVE the space behind the seating and one of them (Tinker) is a cord-chewer. She ate an Apple laptop power supply cord (the non-replaceable end) when we first got her. Last week, she ate the cord for the remote for my power recliner at home! So getting the PSUs and extra cord off the floor helps make things look nicer, keeps the pups from getting tangled in it (it's happened) and keeps it more out of their reach.

So far, I've installed one for my PSU. Nancy's will be done later when I add a higher AC recept in the end of the buffet cabinet, just below the counter top.

Here's the pics of my install today:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

olcoon

Re: My Mods: Laptop Power Supply Holder

Jim, that reminds me of something that happened years ago. My grandparents had a lake house, and the neighbor was building a boat dock. He had an extension cord strung from the house to the dock so he could use his power saw, and also owned a chewing dog. One day the dog decided to chew on the cord that was plugged in. He got through the insulation, let out a yelp & ran. After that he never got near anything that looked like an extension cord!

jbeletti

Jim, that reminds me of something that happened years ago. My grandparents had a lake house, and the neighbor was building a boat dock. He had an extension cord strung from the house to the dock so he could use his power saw, and also owned a chewing dog. One day the dog decided to chew on the cord that was plugged in. He got through the insulation, let out a yelp & ran. After that he never got near anything that looked like an extension cord!

I wondered if something like that (shock) ever happens. I mentioned the chewer to my neighbor and she told me she had a cat that was a chewer. Cat chewed on a power cord, got zapped and died.

As a side note, one of our new dogs is a licker. The other day, Rocco was licking the side of the ht tub. I mean the entire side of it. Gross - full of dust and pollen etc. Nancy sprayed some of that Bitter Apple stuff on it and it made no difference. Weird dog.

VKTalley

I wondered if something like that (shock) ever happens. I mentioned the chewer to my neighbor and she told me she had a cat that was a chewer. Cat chewed on a power cord, got zapped and died.

As a side note, one of our new dogs is a licker. The other day, Rocco was licking the side of the ht tub. I mean the entire side of it. Gross - full of dust and pollen etc. Nancy sprayed some of that Bitter Apple stuff on it and it made no difference. Weird dog.

Jim, use red pepper sauce or sprinkle cayenne pepper on it.

jbeletti

My Mods: Added LevelUp Wireless Controller

I learned during this year's rally in Goshen that LCI offers a Wireless Remote Control for "6-point" LevelUp. Today, I made the investment. Retail cost is about $580 plus tax. Though an LCI employee installed it for me, it was simple to do. Replace the control unit (brain) - done!

As LM 365 doen't come with a remote controller, what I gained was the ability to raise and lower the front landing gear and auto-level the coach "from a hand-held wireless controller".

For me, hitching and unhitching is quite the process of getting in and out of the truck, due to the design of the Blue Ox Bedsaver device on my Trailersaver hitch.

I'll get to try it out tomorrow!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• LevelUp Remote Control.jpg
    LevelUp Remote Control.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 789
  • LevelUp Wireless Controller (Brain).jpg
    LevelUp Wireless Controller (Brain).jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 779

Mrsfish

Re: My Mods: Added LevelUp Wireless Controller

I learned during this year's rally in Goshen that LCI offers a Wireless Remote Control for "6-point" LevelUp. Today, I made the investment. Retail cost is about $580 plus tax. Though an LCI employee installed it for me, it was simple to do. Replace the control unit (brain) - done!

As LM 365 doen't come with a remote controller, what I gained was the ability to raise and lower the front landing gear and auto-level the coach "from a hand-held wireless controller".

For me, hitching and unhitching is quite the process of getting in and out of the truck, due to the design of the Blue Ox Bedsaver device on my Trailersaver hitch.

I'll get to try it out tomorrow!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Anxious us to hear how you like it. Lippert threw one in for us during our 6 pt install in quartzite. We have ever used it, but would love to hear what you think.

olcoon

That looks exactly like the remote & controller that came with the Ground Control 3.0 system I had them install on our rig. Sure is sweet, & has made life a lot simpler!!!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

Didn't you just get your level up system? Did they give you a wireless controller upgrade?

The remote is optional. It would not help us at all, as we cannot see the hitch from inside the truck. I have to get out of the truck to check anyways. I can see the benefits though.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have the remote in my '14 BC and when hooking up alone it is very handy to not have to get in and out of the truck to do so. Just line and up and raise or lower as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired

We had levelup installed at the Goshen Rally and was offered the remote option. We took it and love it!