jbeletti's 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland

jbeletti

Mod: Added Remote Control Holster for Roku 3 Remote

Not much of a mod but a nice convenience. It is just me or do Roku 3 remote controls love batteries? I think I toss mine in the center console with my other remotes and the Roku buttons must get pressed and it zaps my batteries every time I store it.

In an attempt to alleviate that issue, I bought a Roku 3 Remote Control Holster from Amazon.com. It comes with 3M adhesive backing. I stuck it to the end of my metal remote control caddy (a Heartland item). Looks good and should prove handy.
Roku Remote Control Holster.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Nice job Jim good idea. looking at this got me thinking.
I'm going to put a piece of "good" adhesive magnet strip on the back of the fire place remote. Then I can just set it on the side or even the bottom. Right now that tiny remote is hard to fish out of that rack.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bones

You can stick a magnet to the wall and the your remote to it or use a piece of Velcro

jbeletti

Nice job Jim good idea. looking at this got me thinking.
I'm going to put a piece of "good" adhesive magnet strip on the back of the fire place remote. Then I can just set it on the side or even the bottom. Right now that tiny remote is hard to fish out of that rack.

Agreed. Doubt this remote would mind it but be aware that magnetic fields can mess with some electronics. Live on the edge and test this for us. I have room on the right side of my remote caddy :)

Gtoli

Re: Mod: Added Remote Control Holster for Roku 3 Remote

Not much of a mod but a nice convenience. It is just me or do Roku 3 remote controls love batteries? I think I toss mine in the center console with my other remotes and the Roku buttons must get pressed and it zaps my batteries every time I store it.

In an attempt to alleviate that issue, I bought a Roku 3 Remote Control Holster from Amazon.com. It comes with 3M adhesive backing. I stuck it to the end of my metal remote control caddy (a Heartland item). Looks good and should prove handy.

If your roku remote is like mine, it has motion sensors for playing games that activate anytime its moved. If it's in a moving rv, it would use batteries up just with frequent movement.

jbeletti

If your roku remote is like mine, it has motion sensors for playing games that activate anytime its moved. If it's in a moving rv, it would use batteries up just with frequent movement.

That does explain a lot. We have way more travel days than most RVers do as we're very rarely in one spot for more than a week and usually we're moving ever several days per week. Lots of movement for that remote as we lumber around.

That said, we'll see how my holster affects my battery life.

busted2341

First of all let me thank Jim for helping me or actually him adding a couple of switches and showing me how to do it. Can anyone recommend what to plug the holes left when removing the remote holder/basket in the bedroom. I am just going to move it from the bedroom to the living room but the DW seems to hae the holes it will leave behind. Since its not drywall I am not sure what I can fill those holes with to match the wall as close as possible.

danemayer

First of all let me thank Jim for helping me or actually him adding a couple of switches and showing me how to do it. Can anyone recommend what to plug the holes left when removing the remote holder/basket in the bedroom. I am just going to move it from the bedroom to the living room but the DW seems to hae the holes it will leave behind. Since its not drywall I am not sure what I can fill those holes with to match the wall as close as possible.

You could probably avoid the problem by ordering a 2nd holder from Heartland Parts. Leave that one as is and install the new one in the living room.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We ordered two more from HL for our Key West and left the one in the bedroom. They aren't all that expensive, about $20 if I remember right.

Kristy

jbeletti

Frank - you can order from Heartland Customer Service (877-262-8032), a roll of seam tape that matches your interior decor board and use it as a band-aid of sorts. Just cut a 1" strip and place over each hole.

jbeletti

Mod: Relocated 2 Ceiling Lighting Switches

Well, I've done this in past coaches and I've done it for several Heartland friends. Today it was time to do it to my current coach. Each morning when I come downstairs from the bedroom, I turn on a specific light. Now, I no longer have to open the switch panel to do so. Not a huge thing, but it's still nice. Rather than add a bunch of comments, I'll let the pictures do the talking :)
00a - Panel Switch Circuits to be Relocated - front.jpg 00b - Panel Switch Circuits to be Relocated - back.jpg 01 - Scored luan for switch install.jpg 02 - Luan cut-out complete.jpg 03 - Close-up inside hole cut into luan for switch - lots of wires.jpg 04 - Tools used to cut-out luan for switch.jpg 05 - Test fitment of switch.jpg 06 - 30 inch jumpers made - quarter inch male spade to quarter inch female spade terminals.jpg 07 - Female spade terminal end of jumpers connected to switches.jpg 08 - Switch ready to be installed into wall.jpg 09 - Jumpers connected to wires from panel switchs.jpg 10 - Switch installed - 1.jpg 11 - Switch installed - 2.jpg 12 - Switch installed - 3.jpg 13 - Switch installed - 4.jpg

jbeletti

MOD: Added LED Strip Lighting to 2 Shelves in Pantry Cabinet

Nancy mentioned the other night that it was dark in the pantry. I had already planned to add lighting there. Her comment was my catalyst to git'r done. So, got'r done today.
1 - Pantry Lighting - Switch Detail.jpg 2 - Pantry Lighting - Switch Location.jpg 3 - Pantry Lighting - Light Detail.jpg 4 - Pantry Lighting - Complete.jpg

Bones

Good job on the switches. Did you the magnetic switch for the cabinet?

jbeletti

Good job on the switches. Did you the magnetic switch for the cabinet?

Dave - check the first pic in the Pantry Lighting post. It has the p/n of the switch. It's a plunger-style switch (normally open) - typically used as a Tamper Switch. I'd bought 3 of them and 3 magnetic switches. Could have used either for this application but sort of wanted to try one of the Tamper Switches to see if the door pressure was enough to overcome the spring pressure in the switch. Worked perfectly.

Bones

Dave - check the first pic in the Pantry Lighting post. It has the p/n of the switch. It's a plunger-style switch (normally open) - typically used as a Tamper Switch. I'd bought 3 of them and 3 magnetic switches. Could have used either for this application but sort of wanted to try one of the Tamper Switches to see if the door pressure was enough to overcome the spring pressure in the switch. Worked perfectly.

Thanks. It's hard to see some of the pictures on the phone sometimes. I'm going to keep the idea of the magnetic switch in the back of my head for under the sink where our trash can is. I have forgotten to turn the little battery light off a couple time's and had to replace batteries.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I used that motion switch that works really good, but it is a timed sensor so it stays on for a minute or two after you close the door. But now after receiving my magnet switch's I might swap it out.
I want to try the motion switch on my porch light. I'll have to do some trial and error to see where to mount it under the step. I need to see if it's day night sensing too.

jbeletti

Thanks. It's hard to see some of the pictures on the phone sometimes. I'm going to keep the idea of the magnetic switch in the back of my head for under the sink where our trash can is. I have forgotten to turn the little battery light off a couple time's and had to replace batteries.

Dave - truth be told, the Tamper Switches are easier to install as you don't need to mount a magnet on the door in "just the right spot". And they're cheaper :)

Order Line Items
82-2580 - Tamper Switch N/O$1.99
82-13870 - Alarm Switch Screw Terminals N.O. Contact/Mag; 3/4" Gap$3.49

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: Mod: Relocated 2 Ceiling Lighting Switches

Well, I've done this in past coaches and I've done it for several Heartland friends. Today it was time to do it to my current coach. Each morning when I come downstairs from the bedroom, I turn on a specific light. Now, I no longer have to open the switch panel to do so. Not a huge thing, but it's still nice. Rather than add a bunch of comments, I'll let the pictures do the talking :)
View attachment 43538 View attachment 43539 View attachment 43540 View attachment 43541 View attachment 43542 View attachment 43544 View attachment 43543 View attachment 43545 View attachment 43546 View attachment 43547 View attachment 43548 View attachment 43549 View attachment 43550 View attachment 43551 View attachment 43552

Jim, looks great! (except for the black and tan, which makes my eye twitch, ;))

Do I understand this correctly, that the wires are no longer connected to the back of the switches in the cabinet for those two lights, or am I wrong?