2010 International Heartland Owners Rally Discussion

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Was in Lebanon, TN this past weekend for a Good Sam's Samboree and ran over to the KOA and Camping World (didn't get any water damage). The KOA people are working real hard to get things up and running. The office building has been totally gutted (all the interior walls removed) and they are in the process of rebuilding. Could not see how badly the Music Hall was damaged but tables, chairs and part of what looked like a stage was in the yard so I guess rebuilding is going on in there as well. One Aerostream trailer which was totally underwater was destroyed as well as another 5th wheel - those were the only 2 rigs left on site. The construction crew would not let us stop and walk around, which is understandable, but it looks like about 2/3rd of the campgrounds was underwater. I will give them a big E for effort cuz there were a bunch of construction people doing all kinds of things. At the rate they are working, it looks like the Rally will go on. :)
B--

Last edited:

shovelguy

Not much talk about the rally in the last week are so. Hopefully another KOA update will be coming soon. We are starting to get excited about heading to Nashville.
Bill

We are so excited about this rally that we have been on the road to the rally for a week now. We have made it all the way to Wyoming! See you all soon.

Dean

truknutt

Committed Member
Thanks for the continuing updates, Jim. Guess it's time to start working on the "Tennessee Twang"!! 50 and a wakeup!!!

loafer

Thanks for the updates Jim good news we like it . We are now in the Maritimes of Canada after coming across and will be dropping down onto the east coast of the USA and over to Marks Ohio rally and then to Nashville
50 days and counting
see Yall then
Bill and Maureen

GETnBYE

Hey Jim,
Glad to hear the good news about the KOA in Nashville getting up and running again.
I "as usual" have a question.
For the life of me, I can't find the email or post with the dates of when we will go to the Grand Ole Opry, or any of the other things I might need to show up for! LOL
Can you please direct me to this info.?
Thanks so much for all your hard work.
Nita

Hey gang,

On the rally notice thread, I added an Agenda link. Since the link will not change, I am adding it here too. Click me for the agenda!

I am working on some final items. When those fall into place, the agenda will be updated and an email sent to all registered attendees.

Thanks,

Jim

rbloom

Hey Jim - we're new to rallies of this scale - on the scheduled pot luck dinner - how many should the dish that we bring need to be able to feed? And what are we supposed to bring - appetizer, main course or dessert? Thanks in advance.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Jim,

Do you have details on this yet?

9 to 4 pm Seminars, Presentations and Meetings​
(see details in separate schedule)

Great news:

I spoke to the Group Sales Team today and they confirmed that we will see the Grand Ole Opry at the original Grand Ole Opry building, the Ryman Auditorium. I am working on plans for transportation (buses) to/from the Ryman, in that we are not close to it like we were Opryland and in that there is little parking downtown, especially for 80 trucks :)

Jim

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Jim, IS THE MAN!!!!! This is going to be a GREAT RALLY!!! Thanks Jim for all your hard work!! Kathy

GETnBYE

Jim, Thank goodness you are doing a bus. I am so excited to get to go to the Ryman, but I have been in a situation in the past and had to walk FOREVER to get where we were going, there is NO parking downtown at all. I had already thought that we were going to take a taxi if we had to drive it.
Nita

Great news:

I spoke to the Group Sales Team today and they confirmed that we will see the Grand Ole Opry at the original Grand Ole Opry building, the Ryman Auditorium. I am working on plans for transportation (buses) to/from the Ryman, in that we are not close to it like we were Opryland and in that there is little parking downtown, especially for 80 trucks :)

Jim

iefpro01

Hey I noticed the following arriving on 7-12 traveling from Texas.

sgtbigb1151TXBighorn36107/12/2010
PMCrowley1118TXBighorn3600RL7/12/2010
Terry H1004TXLandmarkPinehurst7/12/2010
TRAVELER071009TXSundance3300SK7/12/2010
jimtoo1003TXBighorn3055RL7/12/2010
Claire Nichols1261TXBighorn3670RL7/12/2010
IEFPRO011494TXBighorn3670RL7/12/2010
osims1041TXLandmarkCape Cod7/12/2010
talley1104TXBighorn3655RD7/12/2010
Dennis1405TXBig Country3250TS7/12/2010

Anyone want to meet up and travel together? My personal email is carl.shea@enternetnow.com. We could all meet some where like Memphis on the 11th and then travel the final leg together... Anyone would be welcome conming from the west of Nashville, not just Texas!

LBallard

We are departing the Tulsa area on 7/11 and plan overnighting at the Tom Sawyer RV park in West Memphis. Arriving the next day for the rally.