50 Amp cord reel

farside291

As an answer to the original question, I did not have a choice of manual versus electric reel. I have never had a manual crank for reeling in a power cord before so I thought this idea was pretty slick. And, had several people say "What will they think of next!". They probably would have had a come apart had I had the electric reel.
The only problem I have with the manual crank reel is when I roll up the cord I place the plug that connects to the power pole in the crank first then reel the cable in. This has caused the rubber backshell of the connector to separate from the plug so, I replaced the entire plug. If its wet, I use a rag wrapped around the cord has I reel it in to catch dirt and water on the cord. Unrolling is simple, just pull. Other than that, I have no problem with the manual crank. As for lost storage space, maybe 2 foot long by maybe 12 inches wide by maybe 18 inches high is lost. I hang the cables for the TV connection behind the reel. And, that cable is way more than 20 lbs!