All New LM365 Newport

jjriker

Sounds like a cool project. I would like to see the floorplans as soon as they are available. When do you anticipate you will have them and the info up on your web site to look at.

Yes I am also excited to see the new floorplans and wondering the same.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

WhyNot

Well I hope it all works out for the rest of the crowd that doesn't fit the 3 categories :rolleyes:

The competition just announced an all new "Sequoia". Well, new to them.......... And they are claiming a 43% market share. Don't see how any one company could have 43% of the market.

Well I hope the picture of the unit they displayed was not a finished product.... if you look closely at the unit there are some not high quality paint spots as well as marks on door and on the slide out. Also there is no closure around the awning wonder why that should be a standard on that high end. The nice feature is the clear light above the door. And to claim 43% between 70K and 100K was an interesting statement.

T

TomMontague

Please keep in mind the three categories that I talked about earlier are very general categories and a way for me to logically break the market down so I can focus on smaller, medium and larger sized units. There may be 100's of work campers looking for 41'-43' coaches. You can purchase anything you want for whatever fits your lifestyle.

I just want to make we have something for everyone. In fact, we sell a fair amount of units to people who aren't even boomers. The first couple to purchase a new LM365 was a really nice young family from Tennessee. I'm positive I was at least 10 years older than them and I'm 43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeandconnie

Hi Tom,
We are on our second Landmark and love the Newport. My DW only wish is a full size bath tub, is there any plans for this. "Not the small RV type but the full condo size.
Mike

porthole

Retired
Are there plans for any of the 6-8 new styles of Landmarks to have a bath and a 1/2 besides the Newport???

T

TomMontague

Hi Tom,
We are on our second Landmark and love the Newport. My DW only wish is a full size bath tub, is there any plans for this. "Not the small RV type but the full condo size.
Mike

Great question and my answer at this point is no there are no plans for the full size actual tub. The issue is this - getting in the tub is easy - getting out not so much. The step up is about 6-8" and for our customer base that's a high step to make to a Lino floor when wet. Also we only have one size shower enclosure so it doesn't look right when you are in the hallway and can almost see over the shower door - in my case at 6-2 I can actually see over it.

The tub has to be sunken so you still get the headroom - unfortunately some things just aren't made for RV's. Like Granite Countertops. Haha.

As for our plans to add another bath and 1/2 floor plan we aren't planning on it but you never know. We might have do a bonus room floor plan where you have the ability to choose between 1/2 bath, full laundry / mud room or office.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
"As for our plans to add another bath and 1/2 floor plan we aren't planning on it but you never know. We might have do a bonus room floor plan where you have the ability to choose between 1/2 bath, full laundry / mud room or office."

Now that's a great idea!!!

Hi Tom, thanks for all the news on the new Newport floor plan. Do you know when this plan will be available on Heartland's website?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Tom, Kelly and I saw you today. Just wanted to say again that your input on the Landmark 365, was much needed. We really liked what we saw today. One thing that did stick out in the Newport was the control panels and all the monitors and such were exposed. Is this something that can be covered up with a door or maybe even moved to the side wall going up the stairs? With all the really nice changes you have made, having all that clutter, just does not do it justice.

T

TomMontague

It was a pleasure to meet everyone yesterday and I really enjoyed showing the Newport and getting great feedback from the crowd. At the current time we don't have anything designed to cover the switches but I can tell you that we are for sure working on it. I couldn't agree more, I just don't know when we will have a fix.

Thanks again for all the kind words and I'm really excited about the future of LM365.

Tom

Murphy9

Hi Tom, my husband & I were part of the tour yesterday. The Newport is elegant & functional. Love the bathrooms and the chairs & couch were extremely comfortable. We have only two suggestions : make the second garbage can an option. We could visualize a wine cooler or wine storage unit . Second : make the personalized name plate on option. Regardless of using a name or welcome- IMO it is competing w/ the beautiful gold logo. Less is more , a clean classy appearance .
We will be at the Hershey show & look forward to seeing the other models. Thank you to both you & Scott for giving us a great tour. Pam Minich

porthole

Retired
It was a pleasure to meet everyone yesterday and I really enjoyed showing the Newport and getting great feedback from the crowd. At the current time we don't have anything designed to cover the switches but I can tell you that we are for sure working on it. I couldn't agree more, I just don't know when we will have a fix.

Thanks again for all the kind words and I'm really excited about the future of LM365.

Tom

1" square stock for a frame, rails and stiles, and hang a door on it. Very simple to do.
No reason for the panel to be out in the open.

jjriker

Just checked out the slideshow for the Newport. Wow! Looks very nice. Love the changes! Still very much in the decision/planning stage for our next one, so looking forward to seeing the other floorplans. :)

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
The knowledge that you guys are going to cover those switches. Keep up the great work. I really do see a Newport in our future.

brianharrison

Is the MSRP sheet out?

I am still looking for any information on advertised pin weight. I am thinking I will have to wait until I upgrade tow vehicle; my real world pin weight today (3000#) is just about 800# heavier than the Grand Canyon advertised (washer and dryer, no generator).

Brian

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
As Michael stated above, we toured the Heartland plant on Tuesday. The tour (done by Scott) itself was great but what made it extra special was that Tom joined us at the end and explained to the group about the new LM365 Newport and his visions for it. Then he took us (a group of 7) inside, had us sit down and he showed us all of the improvements and additions. Not much in the way of changes to the actual construction but more in the frills department.

Solid maple drawers - sides AND bottoms
A bank of drawers in the island that can be accessed from BOTH sides of the island
An induction cooktop
Residential refrigerator
A little cubby in the coach side table that holds a small step stool to aid in reaching those out of reach places
A door that can be used for pots and pans or dishes. It has movable pegs to fit your dishes so they don't move during travel
A pop up outlet in the buffet
Improved day/night shades
Louvered doors on the entertainment center to help keep your electronics cooled down
A panel that opens on the back side of the island for easy access to your plumbing
A built in space in the island to hold 2 garbage cans (contemplating changing this)
A possible option to opt out of the second bath and have a pantry/office instead
'Mood' lighting above the bed
Bedroom TV that is hidden behind a mirror
Bedding that is monogrammed with an 'LM'
Rope lights attached to the outside awning
A lighted sign with Family name or 'Welcome' mounted on the side of the coach
A small cabinet to store your sink and stove top covers
Sink top covers that have cutting boards on the underside

I tried to remember as many of the 'frills' as I could....I'm sure I've missed several. However, I hope you get the idea. These 'little things' can be big things if you're living full time in a coach. Some people are ok with little to know frills but I think many of us want the extra conveniences and 'pretties' that make a house a home.

Frankly, with the way the Landmark was at a stand still, Michael and I weren't sure we'd buy another Landmark if/when our Key Largo needed replacing. We kept seeing how the Big Horn was rapidly becoming a Landmark and couldn't see why you'd pay the extra $$ for a Landmark. Tom and his visions have restored our faith in the Landmark and we're thankful. I, once again, have NO doubt that if/when we replace our Key Largo it will be with a LM365.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If you are a member of the Heartland Owners Club, check out the newly released Q-3 Issue of Heartland Highlights. Tom wrote up a great overview of the Newport, and we have LOTS of pictures.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/47346-2014-Q3-Heartland-Highlights-Club-Newsletter

Bryced15

Tom, I was looking on rvtrader today and found 2 newports for sale. One in Ashland VA, and one in Duluth MN. I noticed neither one of them has the slam baggage latches on the front compartment door. I know earlier in this thread you said from here forward with the Newport that all doors would be slam latch. Wondering if these two units made it out before the change or if the front slam latch is not happening?