AZ Members Chat Room

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Hey you Dakota Lovers......Cheyenne has arrived at the Ranch....after our 17 hour one way drive to pick her up...
Adjusting well and even Dakota has started to play and watch over her some...
Here is her first day in the front courtyard... and on the last picture...Dakota is trying to tell her "Nursing" is not an option!

Attachments

• P3260173.jpg
    P3260173.jpg
    902.1 KB · Views: 44
  • P3260170.jpg
    P3260170.jpg
    791.9 KB · Views: 45
  • P3260167.jpg
    P3260167.jpg
    815.2 KB · Views: 45

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
She is a good looking lady. Here's hoping she does not chew everything in the house like our new addition, Gunnar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 20

Doublegranch

Gregg & Linda...wow Gunnar is really a nice puppy...Yes chewing will be a problem throughout her baby teeth stage...she is trying out her bite on Dakota with semi patience!!! Can't wait to see you guys again.....We are going to have some fun times.

VKTalley

Val: There are 7 of us arriving the first day of the Rally... Staying in the South end....

Let me know where you guys are staying..but we will see you at the activities....

Garry, I am so sorry that it has taken me this long to reply! I needed to get the info from Malcolm as he is the one who did the sign up. We are in Northwest #448. You will probably see us from time to time as Malcolm is the official photographer for the rally and I will be helping him. :)

Doublegranch

Val....thanks for the Info...we will be sure to stop by for a glass of "milk & cookies"....
We will arrive one day early if all goes well....

Doublegranch

Curious...Is it True? DOT is considering in next two years requiring a CDL for all 5th wheels & motor homes over 10,000 lbs. This allegedly will be a National Policy and not state by state. I had a contractor at the ranch today telling me about the new proposed rules. Also if you use your vehicle for any commercial use, you will need a dot number on the side...he said this would even apply if you sold Avon out of your car....

Prior to today, I was not aware of this proposed change and have not read anything about it.....Anyone have any reliable information on this? I think such a rule would kill the RV business and don't see how it could pass. Anyone with a CDL on blood pressure meds, would have to take a physical every 6 months at a cost of $125 per visit.

Doublegranch

I looked at both links and could not find anything....I googled the topic and saw where the RV industry was approved CDL exemption for 2 years for drivers delivering the RV's from the factory to the dealers, RV shows.
Thanks for the links....

VKTalley

Hi Garry! It's countdown time! Can't wait to see all my Arizona Chapter friends in Goshen. In cas you missed the forum thread, Malcolm and I are hosting a regional beer tasting get together at our campsite on Thursday night of rally week. I'm inviting all of you who want to come to come join us!

Where: North American Heartland Owners Club Rally
Site: Northwest 448
Date: Thursday, June 18th, 2015 (the free evening during the rally)
Time: 6:30 PM

Robert-n-Marion_Wengler

Founding Colorado Chapter Leader
[h=1]Change The Color Of Your Outdoor Fire[/h] Posted July 4th, 2014
share-knowledge.png

red-flames.jpg

Here’s a fun idea for the whole family! Create a festive fire pit with pinecones and change the color of your outdoor fire. This can be done on any special occasion. For an everyday basic fire, most are happy with the traditional cheery orange and yellow glow of a flame. But, why not make a spectacle out of it? Pinecones are the simplest way to achieve the look you’re going for. This is only to be used outdoors and on wood burning fires, but it is a great way to add a festive aura to your evening outside. To learn how to make fire color changing pinecones, read on!
Please remember to exercise the utmost caution and care when working with open fire, fire pits and chemicals. Always use and wear protective gear and follow all government issued fire bans and warnings before lighting a fire.
[h=2]Pick ‘n’ Prep Your Cones[/h] Start the process by going on an adventure. Hunt your nearest wooded area for the prettiest pinecones. If you’re not in an area where there are pinecones readily available, have no fear. They are also sold at your local craft or hobby store.
purple-flames.jpg

[h=2]Treat Your Cones![/h] Set the temperature of your oven to a low 150 – 200°F. Place the pinecones that you picked from the woods onto a tray lined with tinfoil. Bake on low heat for 60 minutes, checking periodically. This dries up the bugs and sap, opening the pinecones so that they will hold your flame colorants. You do not need to do this to the ones that you bought from a store.
While the cones are baking, gather these items:

• 1 large bucket
  • Tongs
  • Rubber Gloves
  • Your flame colorant
    Please use caution while preparing these, some may be harmful to skin, or when ingested.
    • Table salt – for yellow flames
    • Borax – for yellow-green flames
    • Epsom Salt – for white flames
    • Boric Acid – for green flames, this can be found in the first aid isle at most drug stores (even Wal-Mart) but you may need to ask.
    • Strontium chloride – for red flames, this can be found at aquarium supply stores, ask for Marine Buffer or Calcium Reactor.
    • Potassium Chloride – for purple flames, available where you get water softener products.
green-flames.jpg

[h=2]The Final Step[/h] With all your supplies handy, pour ½ gallon (1.9 liters, or 2 quarts) of hot water into your bucket. Add 1 cup of the colorant of your choice, and stir. Add the cones to the mix, and make sure they’re covered by the solution. Soak these for 8 hours or overnight in a safe place where people and pets can’t get to them. When done, use the tongs to place the cones on a sheet of newspaper and place them outside to dry (it’s faster). It’s best to do this right after they’re done soaking. You can do other colors for your fires too, but make sure to use a different bucket, or completely wash and dry the bucket between colors.
Now they’re ready! Place them in the fire (one at a time) and watch the pretty flames change before your eyes.

[h=2]Use Caution:[/h]
  1. These are intended for outdoor wood burning fireplaces and pits, not for gas or propane operated devices of any kind. Please do this outdoors and in a well-ventilated area.
  2. Please be very careful when handling ANY household chemicals. Although they aren’t industrial strength, they still can be harmful to children and pets.
  3. DO NOT mix the colors in a single batch, or while burning. Always use caution when near an open flame; chemicals can react! Place the cones on the fire yourself, do not allow children to do this.
  4. This is for fun and recreation ONLY. Please cook marshmallows, hot dogs or any other food on a REGULAR wood burning fire.
  5. Remember this is meant for an outdoor wood burning fire only – a great addition while celebrating.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have a pine cone machine in our front yard as well (you can see it in my sig photo below) . . .

I can bring some to Tucson if anyone is interested!

kirkules

Hello from Ripley Ontario .
We are looking at Arizona for a winter getaway ,,
Any suggestions ??
We Have a 2015 4200 cyclone toy hauler (44ft) .
Looking for some ATV places ect ..
And not 55 and Marley weighs more than a case of Corona ??
Looked at River lodge Parker ..
Islander
Sams beachcomber
Its like going to a restaurant with 150 items .Do not know what to try !!!!
Thanks in advance

Doublegranch

A super resort is Distant drums in Camp Verde....Hundreds of miles of Atv trails next to the park. We are having a rally in Oct there....you can ride your atv from the resort to Prescott.