Big Horn - Disappointment Attachment Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdf503

We are VERY disappointed with our RV purchase at this time. :mad:

Here is an attachment of a the letter we sent to Heartland along with a spreadsheet documenting issues. If anyone has any suggestions, please advise.:) We are very open to responses.

We have rec'd some responses... Thank you! I have re-submitted my attachment as I later realized that too much personal info was listed. Please excuse the goof!

Attachments

• MDF - Heartland 6-11-07.pdf
    430.7 KB · Views: 322

Uncle Rog

mdf503, many of have experienced the frustration that you have with the situation. I might also add that many of the members have had no problems. Luck of the draw, I am in the former group with you. The good thing is that I was able to get with an authorized shop that actually fixed things, unlike the dealer who really jerked me around. We really enjoy the BH now that it is pretty close to being done.....good luck....UR

C

Chulinw

I am sure Scott will give you some good advice soon. I feel your problem since I had many of the same problems with the area of service repairs not done correctly. Talk to Heartland see about getting it to another dealer to look at the problems. I am sure Heartland will work with you.

jbeletti

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that Scott is traveling, doing dealer visits most of this week. As such, his replies will be delayed.

Hope someone out there is out having fun with their trailer. Wish I could get out there - but alas, I'll have to wait until the end of July.

Travel safe and happy camping.

Jim

mobilrvn

Seems that there have been several threads where people have been complaining about sawdust, loose screws, debris, etc. regarding Hearland products. Know that BH puts out 13 units a day and if they had an employee who manned a shop vac and hit each unit as it moves through the various stations, it wouldn't cost more than $10 a unit. That person could also act as a QC checker to point out deficiencies.

donabel

Wow,
That almost makes me feel better about my Cyclone, almost! I too live in mine full time while working on the road

I am with you, a $50,000 unit should be finished and finished correctly:) .

My bedroom slide has the standard problem and a popping noise in my roof when temperature changes led to a dealer discovering that it evidently was not screwed down before the rubber was put on.
My closest dealer says that it will take 4 days just to do the roof and he will add a layer of luan to the roof (added weight) and has sugested that I take it to RV Capitol in Elkhart. That is the better part of 1000 miles one way for me and takes up my week off to do it. I made a penciled in appt. for my week off, but feel that Heartland should have been more helpful.
Spending that kind of money for a new ( theoretically, quality)product leads to some expectations, and mine are far from being met.

Pulltab

mobilrvn said:
Seems that there have been several threads where people have been complaining about sawdust, loose screws, debris, etc. regarding Hearland products. Know that BH puts out 13 units a day and if they had an employee who manned a shop vac and hit each unit as it moves through the various stations, it wouldn't cost more than $10 a unit. That person could also act as a QC checker to point out deficiencies.

You said a mouthfull there! However minor it may seem the cleanlyness behind the walls is a show of pride in work not a place to hide scraps.

jbeletti

Hey guys,

Let's move the "sawdust in the walls" discussion to PMs to each other. Point has been made in the ATF forum.

Thank you,

Jim

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
kitchen floor buckle

The linoleum (sp?) would buckle, or roll, when our kitchen slide moved in or out. Our dealer, Wagner Trailer Sales, Cleveland, Wi, found that it was caused by the floor being glued down only around the edges. A new floor was installed by glueing the entire piece of linoleum down, not just the edges. The installation of the new floor solved the problem. Our dealer has been on top of any issues with our 2006 3600BH. Best of luck with your issues. Don't give up.

busted2341

Well guys I got tell you. We are building a house and have moved into our 2006 3055 that went out of warranty in April. Since we were weekend campers and summertime users, I just didn;t see some of this, but I was awakened receitly when the roller under the bedroom slide fell off. The screws broke off at the head. I have now discovered my shower leaks and when looking for the roller problem I found the linollium is all coming up next to wall on the slide by the shower. Same stuff I have read before and felt I was lucky, But as of now those are my only problems, still love the B/H but I am getting a little concerned about what is to come. I guess I know why no 2 yr warranty come from Heartland!

mdf503

Do you work for Heartland? I ask this because it would appear that any consumer would want a company to have a QC dept and if that means running a vacumn to make sure your product is top notch...then that's what it would take. For the price of these units, they should have this. I'm from the old school and I have issues accepting poor quality and poor customer service on todays' products this included. I am finding from this forum that our issues were not isolated and there are others with the same issues. This leads me to assume that our dealer was shooting us straight when they made certain comments about the manufacturer. Problem for the dealer is they made these comments "after the sale".
Sorry.. I don't mean to go off the subject.

Again, I do appreciate your comments and look forward to receiving more.

mdf503

Big Horn - Disapointment Reminder

Please feel free to send us a private message as it might help on the general traffic violating the terms of service. We can certainly address each issue privately and if need be..approach the factory together. :) Thank you.

jbeletti

mdf503,

Do you have a question (post 13 above)? This is the Ask the Factory forum. If you wish to have a personal rant with Heartland, please phone them today to discuss at 574-262-5992.

If you have a real question that you feel best be dealt with publicly, please restate your question here now so the factory can respond to you publicly.

Thank you,

Jim

mdf503

Jim Beletti said:
mdf503,

Do you have a question (post 13 above)? This is the Ask the Factory forum. If you wish to have a personal rant with Heartland, please phone them today to discuss at 574-262-5992.

If you have a real question that you feel best be dealt with publicly, please restate your question here now so the factory can respond to you publicly.

Thank you,

Jim

sorry jim.. i thought i was replying to someone that was replying to someone else... i'll learn how to use this.

nscaler2

busted2341 said:
Well guys I got tell you. We are building a house and have moved into our 2006 3055 that went out of warranty in April. Since we were weekend campers and summertime users, I just didn;t see some of this, but I was awakened receitly when the roller under the bedroom slide fell off. The screws broke off at the head. I have now discovered my shower leaks and when looking for the roller problem I found the linollium is all coming up next to wall on the slide by the shower. Same stuff I have read before and felt I was lucky, But as of now those are my only problems, still love the B/H but I am getting a little concerned about what is to come. I guess I know why no 2 yr warranty come from Heartland!

I am going to ask a stupid question here, but I would like to head off any problems while the rig is in my driveway rather than on the road. The question is, how do you get to these rollers in the bedroom slide. Lifting up on the foot of the bed with the neumatic lifts reveals nothing. Do I need to remove the mattress and then expose beneath the head of the bed? Is the wood supporting the mattress at the head fasened down, and if so how. Again thanks for answereing a newbees stupid questions.

ChopperBill

nscaler2 said:
I am going to ask a stupid question here, but I would like to head off any problems while the rig is in my driveway rather than on the road. The question is, how do you get to these rollers in the bedroom slide. Lifting up on the foot of the bed with the neumatic lifts reveals nothing. Do I need to remove the mattress and then expose beneath the head of the bed? Is the wood supporting the mattress at the head fasened down, and if so how. Again thanks for answereing a newbees stupid questions.
Me too! If it going to happen it will be to me! :eek:

Forrest Fetherolf

Here are a couple of my earlier posts regarding the bedroom slide rollers;

I used 1" coarse thread drywall screws. Move the slide in about 12 to 14 inches and you should be able to see and have room to install the screws. As I posted earlier, reinstall the roller as close to the outer end of the slide as possible for better slide support.

My 3600RL had the same roller problem of snapping off the screws allowing the sides of the bedroom slide to sag and pinch the lower rubber wiper seal. The king bed cantilevers over the slider rails about one foot on each side. The factory installed the rollers near the slide rails with only two screws not four. The slide floor sagged on the ends and bow up in the middle not contacting the center roller. Because of the weight on the rollers, I shimmed under the slide base frame to raise the entire slide 3/8". I relocated the rollers closer to the end of the slide with 4 drywall screws to eliminate the sagging ends and bow up in the middle. The three rollers factory installed are not strong enough to support the weight and should be replaced with longer rollers. So far I have pulled about 4000 miles and the slide fix has worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.