Discussion: NoCal 2008 Spring Rally

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hey Deb,
Since this thread is in a different location than the rally was originally discussed in, people may have more trouble finding it. We probably need to pick one place to do this and let everyone know about it so we can make sure everyone finds out what is going on and give their input.

What do you think?
Kristy

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Kristy,
I think so too. I will try to cut and paste later today to bring over some of the discussion from the other sites. I think this location may be the more appropriate one, don't you? Thank you so much for your input!

Deb

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I think either place is fine as long as everyone knows where it is. And thank you for taking the lead on this. I know I don't have time to do all the planning that will need to be done.
Kristy

shovelguy

We might be interested in attending, but it's a looong drive for a weekend. Google maps says it a bit over 400 miles one way from here to Redding, but it is doable. Is there any more information, such as dates and what park so I can do a bit more planning on this end.

Dean

slmayor

Dean,
tenative date is the last weekend in March. Still looking at parks, but will be either JGW RV Resort, Premiere RV resort or Mountain Gate RV Park.
We live here, so you're welcome to come down early and we can fix you up with plenty of things to see or do.:)
We generally camp in Oregon so I know what you mean about the drive.
Thanks for the reply!

shovelguy

Thanks for the invite, but coming down early is not really an option. I'm still working, at least until May, so if we come, I'll take a Friday off and maybe Monday, dependant upon whats going on at work at that time.

Dean

slmayor

Nor-Cal Rally Park Rates/ Dates

OK, Folks, I have rates for Mountain Gate RV Park (www.mt-gatervpark.com) for the weekend of March 28-30. Rates including taxes are $26.40 per day, full hookups. Clubhouse is available for our use.
Now I need a show of hands and hope we have 5 or more units.:)

I also need some input from those interested in attending as to what type of activities they would be interested in doing, so I can arrange those in advance. Some choices would be... Trips to Lassen park, Tours of Shasta Caverns, Turtle Bay Museum, Sight seeing, fishing, etc.
Because of arrival times on Friday, I think a pot-luck might be best. We can do a group dinner on Saturday if everyone wants to.
Ideas????

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I believe we're in! Unless Mark has to work that weekend for some reason, he's a cop and stuff happens sometimes, we should be able to come down for Friday and Saturday nights. Do we make our own reservations or are we doing a group one through you?

Kristy

BTW We are kind of familiar with the area already, but we could be up for whatever activities others might be interested in.

slmayor

Kristy,
Everyone can call the park and make reservations directly. Just tell either Bonnie or Jodi that You're with the Heartland group and Deb Duryee. I told her at this point that I didn't think we'd have over 10, but that I'd let her know if we went over as soon as possible. They don't have any groups booked for that weekend, so we should be OK as long as we don't have 30 show up at the last minute. LOL
I know about cop schedules, my nephew is Highway patrol. I don't think we've seen him on a holiday in 5 years.

If you have any suggestions on activities, please let me know and thanks for your hrelp!
Deb

dbarnard

We will be there. We are in San Diego right now and then on to Arizona but we should be back home in Fall River by the 1st of March. I'll make reservations soon.

DaleB

slmayor

Great! So glad all of you are coming. We should have lots of fun. If there are any activities people would like to do please let us know. Us locals kind of overlook a lot of things to see and do around here. ;)

slmayor

Rally Tally

Just a heads up on count so far. We have 5 spaces counting ourselves. I reserved 10 spaces, but we can have more if we act quickly. I need a head count of those that are planning to attend as soon as possible. There are no other groups booked for that weekend yet.
Also, for those traveling thru, Jodi, the Park manager told me that as long as they have room, anyone staying over or coming in early will be charged the rally rate for extra days.
So, if you're thinking of coming this way, please let us know.
Thanks!:D

GARTH

NorCal Rally

Hi Everyone!
We have been reading your posts and this looks like fun. We are in Chico (only 70 miles south of Redding) so thought we would take part too. It might be fun to have full hook-ups as we generally are boondocking in our RV. Do we need to make our own reservations? Thanks!
Sue & Garth

slmayor

Sue and Garth, Great to have you! Yes, please make your own reservation. Mountain Gate RV phone # is 530-275-4600 or toll free 800-404-6040.
Tell them you are with Debbie's Heartland group. Both Bonnie and Jodi have the info. If there is an activity or sight you want to see up here, Please let me know.
Even though we're in Chico a lot, I know there are things I haven't seen there. :)

fyrwlker

3370RL'ers
We love the 49'er! We are headed there the week after the Super Bowl for the Amador Vintners "Behind the Cellar Door" event (barrel tasting). It is a wonderful campground in a wonderful area with great a great set-up for groups!

fyrwlker

3370RL'ers
Can we come?

Just a heads up on count so far. We have 5 spaces counting ourselves. I reserved 10 spaces, but we can have more if we act quickly. I need a head count of those that are planning to attend as soon as possible. There are no other groups booked for that weekend yet.
Also, for those traveling thru, Jodi, the Park manager told me that as long as they have room, anyone staying over or coming in early will be charged the rally rate for extra days.
So, if you're thinking of coming this way, please let us know.
Thanks!:D

We are new Bighorn owners. Is it OK for us to attend even if we are not members? Please let em know so I can make plans? :D

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
May as well join the group! Of course you are welcome. I'm sure Deb will say the same thing when she sees your post. Where is Dixon? I see from your profile that you are a fire capt. My husband is a police Lt., so I'm sure you will have a lot to talk about.

I just called Mt. Gate and made our reservations. We'll be arriving on Wed. the 26th and checking out on the 30th. We're spending the first part of the week down in Vacaville in what looks like a nice little park. We are hoping for a week of warm weather!

Kristy

slmayor

Absolutely! Please come and join us! Phone numbers are posted above for Mountain Gate RV. Besides, you have one of the coolest model Big Horns... :)

fyrwlker

3370RL'ers
Dixon is right near Vacaville and if you are staying in one of the two parks on Midway Road, we will be only about 5 minutes away. It's nice to hear from some other 3370 owners. I am trying to get the time off from work to make the rally but am uncertain yet about the availability? Thanks! Let me know the dates you will be in Vacaville and maybe we can swing by to show you some Solano County hospitality!