Socal Rally Dates in Febuary

• Febuary 9th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry & Alana

Rally Dates:

Hi,I was reading this post and I was wondering what dates you decided on for the rally, and location?

Thx in advance!:D

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
time and date

Barry and Alana. the date is February 22,23,24, 2008. Place Canyon RV Park off the 91 freeway. I have posted in the Socal posts the link to the park. Would love to have you guys, but it a bit of a drive to So, Calif. Bob,Pat,and the :eek:cat

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
So Cal Chapter Spring Rally

Hi everyone. If we ever get possession of the Big Horn 3400RE that we ordered in September 2007, we will be there on Feb 23 at the Canyon RV park that was selected. How many RV's so far and is it for the Big Horn owners or all Heartland Products? And who is going to help me park it? First time rv'er. Backing up seems a tuffy. Wish me luck.

Debbi and Larry Kuhn
San Clemente, CA

2008 Ford F-250 4x2 Crew Cab Diesel
2009 Big Horn 3400RE ( someday)

Bob&Patty

Larry, by my count at this time about 4. We will have to see what happens. I am hoping that more people will show up. It is for all Heartland owners. Bob

Larryheadhunter

So Cal Chapter Spring Rally

I am so happy to hear that more heartland folks are coming to the socal rally. As a rookie, Deb and i are looking forward to all the advice we can get on running a RV through its paces and meeting other owners of local heartlands. I just got the vin # of my new 2009 Big Horn 3400RE so expect to pick it up in the next few weeks.
Does anyone have any idea what entertainment components are on this rig? We have cox cable at home but heard i need a stationary dome satellite and direct tv. Since its a hd tv i am hoping we can watch some hdtv lol. Anyone with any suggestions for RV insurance, or financing or which emergency service to use as well would be appreciated. Also Clovis RV is putting on the entry level Husky 16K hitch and if I want to upgrade, i must pay the dough. Any ideas whether they will credit me for the hitch, and should I get it done on the outside before picking up the rig of which model? Look forward to seeing you all in anaheim on feb 23. Anyone who wants to come early to help me back into a space would be awesome.
We are going to Bass Lake after picking up our new rig in Clovis, if the weather permits, as its close by within an hour for our maiden voyage early february. Anyone who wants to join in let me know. And if we can figure out the big screen tv by then I would be much appreciative. Thanks specially to Bob and Patty for all their advice.

Larry and Debbi
Rookies from San Clemente, CA
2008 Ford f-250 Crew Cab 4x2 Lariat Diesel
2009 Big Horn 3400 RE

Bob&Patty

Heres The Scoop!!!!!

Today I called and reserved camp sites at Canyon RV Park. They are #'s 135-143. Pat and I have spot # 144. The price is $45 per night, if you are 62 or older it is $40.50 a night. If we have 10 or more it is $35 a night. Anybody that has over 2 people it is $2 per person over 2. No rotwillers or pitbulls, dogs must be on a leash. They didnt say about kids on a leash. The phone # is 1-714-637-0210. Tell them that it is the Heartland Rally sites. Remember that the sites are reserved from Friday the 22nd thru Sunday the 24th. Anyone that whats the stay longer or come earlier can. So round up all your friends and people with Heartland products and bring them with you. Thanks for all the interest and help. Bob:D:D:eek: the cat

Bob&Patty

Pot-luck

Good and thanks Dennis, I think that it was you or Hawk that suggested a pot-luck. Maybe on Saturday night, just some food for thought. We have stashed away 2, count them, 2 big plates of SHRIMP and cocktail sauce. maybe some weinies and burgers too. Bring any kind of food, I like it all. Bob :D:D:eek:

DennisZ

Bob
Sounds great to me, it wasn't me that suggested the pot luck, but it's a great social type of event.

Dennis

Bob&Patty

Doesnt anybody live in Socal????

Hello out there, as of right now we have 5 members coming to the Rally. Any more what to come out and play????:D Just keep it in mind and read the posts about when,where and how. I guess Jim B. moved everything to the Northwest forum. I didnt know they moved Calif, but it has been a rough day and maybe the rain washed us up further north:eek:. LOL Bob :D:D

jbeletti

Hi Bob,

Just trying various region configurations I have found and that others have given me input on. It may not be the last version. As many people as have given me input, they've all had slightly different configurations.

I am trying not to make a dozen micro-regions and I'd like to go with 6 or so that are common breakdowns most people would agree on. Maybe we're not there yet :)

Jim

Larryheadhunter

Hi everyone,
If the weather abates and we can pick up our bh 3400RE in Clovis, we will be at the socal rally. We just reserved space #141 for feb 22 leaving on sunday feb 24. No kids or dogs with us, just want to learn and socialize as we are rookies.

Bob&Patty

More Food

Just thought I would throw this out to all you guys coming to the rally. Some people have suggested that we have a POT LUCK on Saturday night. Dont get fancy, we are camping. Hot dogs, burgers, home made chili, potato salad, etc. Pat I have 2 big plates of shrimp and cocktail sauce, and a big thing of lasagna. An idea might be to have everybody think about it then post what you might bring on the forum not PM's, so we have dont have 50 gallons of potato salad show up. I guess I could make some of my Mothers potato salad. Think about it, but post it on the forum. BTW, we have 5 people registered as of today at the CG. Bob, Pat, and the :eek: cat.

Bob&Patty

Dave and Kathy, no problem. I have been tossing around the idea of having another rally in April or May. The weather might be better and maybe more people can attend. We want to see how our 1st ever one goes and learn from it. Glad to have you aboard. Keep in touch and read the posts to keep informed. Bob:D:D:eek:

Last edited:

sdgirl

Didn't know it was THAT close !

I would LOVE to go. That's only about 2 hours from San Diego, maybe as long as 3, if traffic is bad. Which, on a Friday night, would be HORRIBLE until you're past Escondido, at least. I'll have to have a chat with DH. Heck, I had to drive all the way to Riverside to pick up our trailer. Driving back that way would be a cinch now! And the park looks really nice, Bob! Good job.

Bob&Patty

Banner

Hey guys, Jim B. is going to get us a banner for the rally. I have also called Brad at the apparel site at the forum. We can get polo shirts with Heartland logo, our names on them, and something embrodered on them about the 1st Socal rally for about $28.00. Think about it and let me know what ya think. The more we order the cheaper they get. Bob :D:D:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.