EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IA, Amana * - 10/1/2010 to 10/03/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvv

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IA, Amana* - 10/1/2010 to 10/03/2010

Gayle and I look forward to joining you in Amana. Registered for Thursday night thru Sunday. Great choice of destination. And Oktoberfest too. rvv (Lance Levis)

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father

It looks like I'll be in Cedar Rapids working all summer and some of the fall, and I think I'm going to stay at that Amana colonies while I'm there. It seems like they're the only place around that allows 50 amp, full hookup, and extended stay. If I'm still there when the Rally comes, I'll definitely participate!

Hdd - Hope to see you there.

When do you think you will know by? I would like to have a headcount by 9/15/10 to help finalize plans.

Del600

All,

Sorry for the lack of updates, work is extremely busy, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Lauren (our 2 year old) has my spare time monoploized with all kinds of questions and activities.....

We are working on an agenda, hopefully should have more info in the coming weeks.

Thanks for your patience.

WilmanJim

Mark and Jennifer,
While working on one of our routes to San Diego for this fall we noticed we will be coming close to Amana. We were planning on spending a couple days in Iowa City so we just might switch it to Amana. Looks like we will be in the area around 9/30 and leave on 10/3. Don't know if this will be our route yet for sure as we usually have 2 or 3 routes ready just in case weather changes things.
But seeing as there will be a Rally on the way and an Oktoberfest to boot it definitely puts this route at the TOP.
Can't guarantee if we will be there but it sure is looking good.
Jim

Hi All,

Sorry for the lack of updates, but we met with Ketelsen RV last week and they are on board to help out with the rally, great bunch of folks.

I will have an agenda out next week, and will get an updated attendee list as well.

Busy here at work, but we are finding some time to use the Sundance.

IOWA, Are You Ready to Rally?

http://www.ketelsenrv.com/

Mark

I have updated the attendee list in the first post, we are really starting to pull together some interesting facts about the area and the OktoberFest Weekend.

A few things we have lined up already:

Friday Night - Dinner at the Ronneburg* http://www.ronneburgrestaurant.com/

Saturday Night - Pot Luck Dinner (Meat Supplied by Ketelsen RV) - So get those hearty dishes ready.

TIME TBD - Ketelsen Mobile RV Service - Emergency Maintenance** and a Maintenance Q/A seminar

Ketelsen RV - 15% Discount Coupons - For In Stock Parts and Accessories

DISCOUNT COUPONS FOR ADMISSION TO THE OKTOBERFEST GROUNDS
Regular Price $14 for a 2 Day pass, Heartland Special Price $10.

There is also a Craft Show at the RV park.

The RV Park is ~1mile from the OKTOBERFEST GROUNDS

Here is a link to the Festivities happening around the area for the weekend.
http://www.festivalsinamana.com/oktoberfest.html

Here are a few things I have heard of so far:
First Tap, First Keg of Oktoberfest - Friday 2PM on the Oktober Fest Grounds (Free Beer)
Oktober Fest Parade Saturday @ 10AM - Downtown Amana
Live Music until Midnight Friday, 11PM Saturday and 4PM Sunday @ the Festival Grounds

* Dinner will be off the menu, and each person is responsible for own bill.
**There will be a charge to the RV owner if services are rendered.

IOWA, ARE YOU READY TO RALLY?

Mark

We are stopping on our way to San Diego, so please put us down too.
We should arrive Thursday and Depart Sunday.

Hi Jim and Wilma,

That is so awesome that you are going to rally with us on your way through the area. The Youngers from MN did the same thing at the WI rally. It's a great reminder for all that any Heartland Owners Club member can attend any Heartland rally anywhere across North America. And in most cases, non-Club Member Heartland product owners are welcome as well.

Let the summer rallies begin!

Jim

We are stopping on our way to San Diego, so please put us down too.
We should arrive Thursday and Depart Sunday.

Sounds Great, Have you registered with the camp ground yet?

I will start checking with them on a Bi-weekly basis for registered rigs.

I look forward to meeting you.

Mark

The attendee list has been updated as of 7/8/10.

The llist is in the first post, if you have already signed up for the campground and your name does not appear in my list, please call them and tell them you are with the Heartland Rally group.

The list is growing, gonna be a great time.

Ken/Kathy - we had a deal last year...... where are you?

IA rally still is not out we would love to come I am having knee surgery in Aug. and I have to see if I can walk doctor said it would take 12 weeks 6 wks healing and 6wks therapy not even sure I will make my own just depends on how I do already got one bad knee now the other is gone but don't give up just yet I am still hopeful .Kathy

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Count us in! We'll represent Wisconsin. I tried calling the park but got the recorder. We'll make our reservations asap. See you then!

On Edit: OK Reservations made. We'll be arriving Thursday. I haven't read the entire thread yet so I'll be checking for a list for the potluck. There it is again. Food!

Last edited:

Del600

Ray

Sounds great, looking forward to having you.

List for potluck not yet started, need to determine the meat selection before we add the side dished...... FOOD is ALWAYS on my mind.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.