EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Longs * - 04/23/2010 to 04/25/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Driving Directions

For those coming to the SC rally (and for Pete and Deb(PSF513)coming March 5th)I have included driving directions to Willow Tree on the first post.

DO NOT put in the Southern Sights address to your GPS if you are using one.

Enter 2000 Old Buck Creek Rd. instead.

If you use the Southern Sights address you will not get to the end of the world but you can see it from there.

Last edited:

jpajax

Was going through this post and noticed that Phil and I are in the same site. Do I need to bring extra bedding for the fold out couch. Called Willow Tree today and it is on their books that I am registered in that site. Phil you might want to check to see if they have your reservation correct.

SouthernNights

Was going through this post and noticed that Phil and I are in the same site. Do I need to bring extra bedding for the fold out couch. Called Willow Tree today and it is on their books that I am registered in that site. Phil you might want to check to see if they have your reservation correct.

Phil is on 51. Thanks for double checking though.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
It's still possible Gus. Just wait. You'll get the blame for something :eek:, somewhere :eek::eek:, at some point! :eek::D:eek:

SouthernNights

Darn Larry, I thought for sure you'd blame it on me:eek:! :D:D

I thought about it but realized you already know that it was your fault.

Anytime some one doubles up on a site, you, Pete or Keith have to be involved.:eek:

Debbie, thanks for explaining it to Gus.. BTW, glad you are feeling better. :)

SouthernNights

This is just a reminder for all those attending the SC Rally.

Please bring a small gift, wrapped or in a bag, to the rally. Keep the cost UNDER $10.00. It can even be something you already have and dont want. REGIFTING is a great way to get rid of the pink and purple tie you got for Christmas.:D

If there are two of you, please bring two gifts.

We will be having a White Elephant raffle. I can't explain exactly how it works but Sam can. ;)

Also for our Pot Luck dinner on Saturday. If the weather is good, I would like to eat outside by all our sites. If the weather does not cooperate, we do have the Banquet hall assigned to us for Saturday night.

The dinner will not be fancy. Details to follow, but what we are looking at is each of us bringing enough food to serve you and ONE other person.

Anything that needs to be cooked, (burgers, hot dogs etc, ) we will have a grill there. PM's and details to follow with in a few weeks. I do need a volunteer cook. Any takers???

I hope everyone gets a lot of rest at this rally, because the following weekend Gus is putting together a rally that is really going to knock your socks off. You will need lots of energy to keep up with him.:D Lots of things to do at the Eastern Rally and OBX in general!! Can't wait.

Also, as a reminder, make sure you order your shirts for the SC Rally from Mike Walker. (mjatwalker)
Mike's address is:

Mike Walker
14220 Triadelphia Mill Road
Dayton, MD 21036

All shirts must be odered by April 3, 2010.
The cost is $10.00 per shirt.

Mike is our assistant wagon master and will bring the shirts with him AND hand them out Friday.

We now have 27 families signed up. I do know there will be at least a couple of more sign up. If you are planning on coming, I would make your reservations very soon. There a a few families that have opted to be on the lake, which means we still have a couple of rally sites still availble. After, they are gone, if you plan to attend you may end up away from the group.

Willowtree stays full most of the time on the weekends, so get your reservation made soon.

Looking forward to seeing and meeting everyone there.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
I think the interesting part is that we will be almost 1/3 the size of the national rally. Larry, you're pretty good at this organizing! I guess we'll have to keep you!

SouthernNights

I think the interesting part is that we will be almost 1/3 the size of the national rally. Larry, you're pretty good at this organizing! I guess we'll have to keep you!

Thanks Phil but it's not that organized:rolleyes:
I think the real draw is being able to make the SC Rally and then the Eastern Rally with back to back weekends. What a great way to get away from it all.

jgoddardg

Mike, we were over your way for the weekend in Potomac, and believe me, snow shoveling and golfing are two different motions. My poor golf swing may now resemble the old snow shovel over the shoulder swing. We kept the drive way cleared, fortunately, and had to come back to WV early as my dad was taken to hospital in Beckley Saturday night for respiratory failure. So, here I sit watching him get respiratory treatments. Still, really looking forward to Longs and then Hatteras.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
John, I hope your dad is ok. Looks like we are in for more snow shovel swing practice on wednesday.

Hi Everyone. We are brand new owners (less than a month and the reason all this cold weather came about) of a 2010 Bighorn 3610re. We were invited to this party and decided to join in. We are coming in on Friday and will leave with the Tuesday group for Hatteras. It will be the DW Tamara, myself Albert and the two spoiled four legged children, Casey and Cody. Looking forward to meeting everyone and having some fun. We are in site 43

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Welcome to the family Albert and Tamara. We will have our four legged ones with us also. If you guys play golf bring your clubs.

Mike

SouthernNights

Welcome Albert and Tamara. Glad you could make the SC Rally and I see you are heading to the Eastern Rally.

Just a note to everyone, all our reserved sites are now gone. You can still join us but it will be at the regular rate-which I dont think is that much different from the Rally rate.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Renee and I want to give everyone a heads up on Albert and Tamara.We found out that they are our neighbors from just across the river.We had dinner with them a couple weeks ago(PIZZA) and they are wonderful people.We are looking forward to going on many wonderful camping trips with them.As Albert put it,it is good to have camping buddies that are in the same stage of life that we are.

Last edited:

SouthernNights

Pete and Deb (PSF513) are going to join us at the rally. Pete is not sure what site they are on, (probably waiting to steal someone else's site-like mine) but they are coming.

Gus, I might need a little help keeping an eye on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.