EVENT: Heartland Regional Rally: TN, Sevierville - 4/21/2016 to 4/24/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Starting my rally bucket list. It's gonna be so easy.

10. Something yummy
http://sweetfrog.com/

9. Ride the wheel at the island. Or maybe just shop with Paula Deen!
http://islandinpigeonforge.com

8.Play a few games of Mexican train with some old and some new friends!

7. Shop the outlets!

6.Have apple fritters from the apple barn restaurant! Ops, another Yummy
http://www.applewoodfarmhouserestaurant.com

5. Visit and enjoy the rally with everyone. Still looking for my golf cart.

4.Put my feet in the hot tub at the park. After shopping of course!

3. Relaxing by a fire.
2, & 1. Are yet to be determined.

- - - Updated - - -

On a serious note...yes, I do get serious. Has anyone seen on the park web page mention of a campfire area. The type that would be for a large group??

Sounds like a great bucket list!

camperjohn08

Need info Please: was told that I-40 over Black mountain was very steep by a trucker friend and should be avoided... Need advise..... Traveling from VA.. would driving route 58 to I-85 to I-40 to Sevierville be ok or should I travel US-460 to I-81 to I-40 to Sevierville be a better route.. Never traveled over BLack mountain Via I-40... what are your inputs if traveled this way.
Have: 3010RE Bighorn & Ford SD 6.7 Diesel. Concerned about Grade of mountain route on I-40 All inputs WELCOMED.. THANK YOU

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Need info Please: was told that I-40 over Black mountain was very steep by a trucker friend and should be avoided... Need advise..... Traveling from VA.. would driving route 58 to I-85 to I-40 to Sevierville be ok or should I travel US-460 to I-81 to I-40 to Sevierville be a better route.. Never traveled over BLack mountain Via I-40... what are your inputs if traveled this way.
Have: 3010RE Bighorn & Ford SD 6.7 Diesel. Concerned about Grade of mountain route on I-40 All inputs WELCOMED.. THANK YOU

We have the same rig as you. We took I40 from Asheville to the TN in Nashville last fall. Yes it's considered steep and windy but I don't know why your trucker friend said to avoid it. Lots of truck traffic on the route.
Stay within the speed limit, adhere to the sign messages, let the PS engine do its job, you'll be fine....certainly not a "white knuckle" drive.

travlingman

You will have no trouble with Old Fort mountain. Black Mountain is the town that is at the top of the hill. Your truck will pull the mountain with no issues. When returning home at top of mountain just tap brake until you are in 3rd, keep speed around 50 MPH and enjoy the ride down.

tracks

Don't remember if I signed up for the craft class but just in case, count me in. Cathy Munro

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Linda and I will have our equipment with us so if you are interested we can cut vinyl right there during the rally. Here are a couple of things we are trying out. We just received a shipment of yard sign blanks. We also cut some HOC ovals just in case anyone would be interested in them.
20160410_153711.jpg20160410_153719.jpg20160410_153731.jpg20160410_153739.jpg20160410_153902.jpg

jbeletti

Linda and I will have our equipment with us so if you are interested we can cut vinyl right there during the rally. Here are a couple of things we are trying out. We just received a shipment of yard sign blanks. We also cut some HOC ovals just in case anyone would be interested in them.

Comers make great stuff! Happy to hear you'll have it all with you. If you are not already signed up for it, get with Dave to see if he has space in the arts/crafts hall. Might make sense to have a table there to take some orders :)

davebennington

Several of the attendees have asked for an agenda, well here is an brief outline of things to come next week at the rally.

Agenda Overview. A detailed agenda will be in your rally bag.
Note: agenda is subject to change.

Wednesday April 20[SUP]th[/SUP] pre-rally events

1. Craft class: 2 sessions: one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
  2. Golf t-times 9:00 AM and 9:10 AM
  3. Potluck Smokeoff: Outdoor Pavilion: 5:30 PM
Thursday April 21

1. Continental Breakfast at the Convention Center: 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM
  2. Bush Bean Tour: 9:15 AM
  3. Lunch on your own
  4. Visit Smoky Mountain Children’s Home: 1:45 PM
  5. Seminars start: 1:00 PM – 3:45 PM
  6. Dinner Cookout provided by Buddy Gregg RVs
  7. Bill Sorrell will give a talk about the local National Parks
Friday April 22

1. Continental Breakfast at the Convention Center: 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM
  2. Seminars from 9:AM – 11:45 AM
  3. Lunch on your own
  4. Seminars continue 1:00 PM – 3:45 PM
  5. Catered Dinner at the Convention Center: 5:00 PM
Saturday April 23

1. Catered Hot Breakfast at the Convention Center: 7:00 AM – 9:00 AM
  2. Free Time on your own
  3. Hatfield and McCoy Dinner Theater: 4:00 PM Dinner, 5:00 PM Show
Sunday April 23

1. Continental Breakfast at the Convention Center: 7:00 AM – 9:30 AM
  2. Church Service at the Convention Canter: 10:00 AM

davebennington

Here is the final list of people who are going to the Dinner Theater on Saturday evening. If you have paid and do not see your name let me know ASAP.

dave

Paul & Sue Alfano
Randy & Santha Allen
Ed & Kathe Anhalt
Jack & Judi Barnett
Neale & Leslie Behm
Jim & Nancy Beletti
Paul & Sheila Blackford
Ed & Eddie Booth
Dean & Pam Bowen
James & Rhonda Brown
Ron & Shelia Brown
John & Pam Burks
Milton & Kathy Burton
John & Cathy Carr
Chris & Candi Carrington
Wayne & Anita Cooper
Hogan & Donna Cooper
Mike & Justina Crousser
John & Melinda Cull
Paul & Lynda DiMauro
Bob & Valerie Dufek
Lance & Kem Duguay
Bobby & Linda Eanes
John & Marina Esmond
John & Judy Firth
Jim & Denise Fischer
Gus & Debra Funderburg
Don & Cindy Gilbert
Jeff & Nora Hanna
Sam & Linda Harrelson
Dick & Debbie Hazel
Hampton & Reta Hill
Clay & Candy Hudson
Ken & Faye Hyde
Bill & Marlene Knieper
John & Nancy Latham
Tom & Carol Leavitt
Steve & Patti Lester
Ricky & Rachel Lester
Bob & Barbara Mansolino
Glenn & Paula Martin
Cindy Massengill & Denny McHone
Nathan & Byrd Mathis
Dave Maxon & Chris Brotemarkle
Richard & Clara McInnis
John & Lisa Miller
Sam & Brenda Miller
Kim & Dottie Miranda
Kirk & Cathy Munro
Ron & Ann Parrish
Bill & Janet Roche
Greg & Cheryl Sandoe
Paul & Elaine Schmidt
Tommy & Linda Sexton
Joe & Linda Shejbal
Bill & Kelly Sorrell
Randy & Brenda Spitzkeit
Terrell & Carol Stanley
Eric & Dorothy van Opstal
Keith(Skip) & Carol VanDriest
Terry & Grace Vinson
Jerry & Jaci Volden
Linda & Walter West
Warren & Penny Williams
David & Julie Yocum

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Just 8 days left til the Southeast Regional Rally Pot Luck and Barbecue Smoke-Off!
It's looking like we'll have at least 4 or 5 attendees cooking with hardwood for our dining pleasure

If you've got a favorite recipe for a dish that might go well with barbecue like baked beans, potato salad, ranch beans, green beans, coleslaw, cornbread, etc. this will be a great time to show it off.

Come to think of it, what doesn't go good with barbecue??

Again, for those that aren't fans of barbecue, Dave says he'll have some burgers and hotdogs too.

LET'S EAT!!

ATLJOHN

Hi Dave
We have decided to arrive on 20th and will make the potluck. Judy will be making Cole slaw.

We have already called the camp ground to add the additional day

See you all next week
John

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Hi all,my wife and I are flying to Knoxsville on the 20th to order a Landmark Orlando from RVs For Less. We live in S.Fla. and have been talking to Butch and Karen at RVs For Less. Butch told us yesterday about the rally,didn't know we would be so close.We are not owners yet but will be shortly. We would like to come by on Thur. the 21st to see what a rally is all about.Is that ok?Frank and Sharon Sandidge

davebennington

Here is the latest offer from RVs for Less.

We are about 7 days away from the start of the Regional Heartland Rally at River Plantation RV Park. Hopefully everyone has made plans to attend this rally because it will surely be one of the highlights of the year. We are receiving door prizes daily and are expecting more leading up to the start of the rally on April 21! Only way to have a chance to win anything is to be there, so if you have not signed up, make sure you do it.
Our next offer is going to be for Titan Brake System. This is a disc brake conversion for your trailer and will fit the majority of the trailers out there. Who wouldn’t want to stop 50% sooner with disc brakes than with electric drum brakes? Here are a few of the highlights of the Titan Brake System:

1. Excellent quality featuring Titan BrakeRite, disc brakes and line kits
  2. No Adjusting
  3. Approximately 80% less fade than drum brakes
  4. Equal and Full function on all brakes
  5. Improved wear by up to 30 to 40 percent longer
We are going to offer a special price of $2450.00 plus taxes on a two axle system. This will include all the parts and labor for installation. This is a product you do not want to pass up!! You can visit www.performancetrailerbraking.com for more information on this product. Make sure to call and schedule your appointment today!
See you in a little over a week!

dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.