Going skiing

danemayer

One more day! RV's in front of the house and we'll finish loading up tomorrow. Jan 2 we head for Breckenridge, CO for 5 weeks of skiing. We'll be staying at Tiger Run Resort, about 3 miles from the ski slopes. This will be our third extended ski trip with the Rushmore and with the new heat tape on the water lines, gate valve heaters, and additional insulation, I think we should be able to keep the water running down to -30.

We'll get home just in time for the sweetheart rally in Kerrville, TX.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MrTravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders
Dan maybe you will not have to test it at -30, but I know you will get some of those negative temps. Our ElkRidge held up without a problem at -8 in Durango, Co. Our underbelly usually stayed around 40-44 degrees when the furnace was on and would go down to about 37-38 when the furnace clicked off. We have two thermometers in the underbelly (one in near the front and one near the back) and monitors inside our rig. We had no issues with the gate valves, even my external gate valve that I added. Have a safe trip.

danemayer

Dan maybe you will not have to test it at -30, but I know you will get some of those negative temps. Our ElkRidge held up without a problem at -8 in Durango, Co. Our underbelly usually stayed around 40-44 degrees when the furnace was on and would go down to about 37-38 when the furnace clicked off. We have two thermometers in the underbelly (one in near the front and one near the back) and monitors inside our rig. We had no issues with the gate valves, even my external gate valve that I added. Have a safe trip.

Tony,

In previous years, at around -15, gate valves and internal water lines have frozen up on us, even with the furnace thermostat set to 74.

I'm always hopeful that it won't get that cold, but we've been down to -20 several times each year and to -30 once. All it takes is an arctic air mass hitting Colorado.

Tombstonejim

I really like tiger run. Have spent a lot trips there in the motor home never in a trailer.

I don't know if they still do it but the people that were there for several weeks used to build snow walls and arches around the RV's.

MrTravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders
Dan I know what you mean. A few years ago we froze up in Durango - the temps were in the -20's. That caused us to do all of our mods in the underbelly. Stay safe and warm.