Grand Canyon to Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef, Arches and more with the LM...

L8APXER

Heading out in late September with our 42' LM Key Largo....
Thinking about starting at the Grand Canyon (actual start will be in CA) up to Zion then Bryce. On to Capitol Reef then Arches and Canyonlands. Which route would you take between and around these? Or perhaps, which routes not to take! Any reccomendations on where to stay would be appreciated, but the route is my current problem. I have the truckers atlas and a few route planning programs, but I am looking for the real world advice on these roads. Thanks in advance

scottyb

I would consider the North Rim since you are including UT on your itinerary. Much less crowded, just as spectacular, if not more. Most people don't visit it since it is a couple hundred miles further from civilization. I have only been to the North Rim by foot, via the North Kaibab Trail. I bet TandT can advise you on the roads around that area.

Manzan

We made that trip in reverse three years ago. Started with Arches, Canyonland then down to Mesa Verde, over to the North Rim then Bryce and Zion. Did not make it to Capitol Reef. From Zion over to Las Vegas on way to Bakersfield. Roads were good and in September not as much traffic. Not as many tourists like us either. Great trip, incredible sights, first time I had seen sandstone formations instead of granite and basalt like we have up here. Colors incredible.
Have a great trip!