jbeletti's 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland

jbeletti

Re: MOD: SeeLevel Tank Monitoring System Install

Jim guess you decided to go for it. let me know how it goes, this one is high on my list.

Will do Jerrod. Probably dig into it tomorrow. Need a buddy/helper - not as fun or efficient on your own.

I'll be doing the fresh water tank only.

Bones

Re: My Mods: Water Pump Switch and Status LED Project

Not sure what you're referring to Dave. If you mean the senders, they are flexible - not hard.

On edit: Do you mean the underbelly? On my unit, it's Coroplast (corrugated plastic - think yard sign).

A removable panel would be nice but would then require sealing at 2 seams.
yes. I was thinking of some type of removable panels where you like to access the underbelly a lot. made out of a plastic.

jbeletti

I've heard of some fails on underbellies with Gorilla Glue tape. I haven't had the Scrim Tape in long enough to know how well it will hold up.

But - I did just have to remove some to re-enter the underbelly and check a sensor. It does not peel off cleanly and some fibers and glue are left behind. I do think this is a testament to the holding power of the product. I think I'll like it long term.

Bones

I can attest to the gorilla tape and Tyvek tape not holding up in the long run. I have a section now that has come apart that I need to repair.

sjandbj

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Will do Jerrod. Probably dig into it tomorrow. Need a buddy/helper - not as fun or efficient on your own.

I'll be doing the fresh water tank only.

I guess I need to find me a helper then Jim. I've been having a blast all by myself.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Can't see what your looking at there.
We did the 7-way cord and a few other things on a buddy's 2016 Landmark and found good crimped wire nuts in the junction box. And a much cleaner wireing job then what I found in my 2015. My just a different guy did it.
I also found a few other upgrades like a 3-way switch for the basement lights so you can turn them on from both sides.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Re: Mod: Relocated 2 Ceiling Lighting Switches

Jim is the factory now using the covered connectors? If so that is a great change.

Michael - if by "covered", you mean insulated, then yes, this is what they are using, though I'm not sure that is new.

jbeletti

...I also found a few other upgrades like a 3-way switch for the basement lights so you can turn them on from both sides.

You're welcome for that - or your buddy is :) After I successfully lobbied to get the LevelUp controller moved to the ODS, there went the storage bay light switch with it. I asked them to change mine to a 3-way switch and add another to the DS. They complied and the GM apparently agreed that being able to switch it from both sides made sense.

Sometimes - common sense does prevail :)

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

Michael - if by "covered", you mean insulated, then yes, this is what they are using, though I'm not sure that is new.

Insulated, I could not think of the name of them. Yes that is what I meant. On my 2011 everyone that I have ever exposed was Non Insulated. So that is a great upgrade.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You're welcome for that - or your buddy is :) After I successfully lobbied to get the LevelUp controller moved to the ODS, there went the storage bay light switch with it. I asked them to change mine to a 3-way switch and add another to the DS. They complied and the GM apparently agreed that being able to switch it from both sides made sense.

Sometimes - common sense does prevail :)
Nice Jim but you were a year late for me. That's OK I probably would of changed it anyway. LOL I'm really liking these motion sensors I've been putting them everywhere I don't eavn use half of my switches anymore.
Glad to hear they are taking your advice and making the common sense decisions.

jbeletti

Nice Jim but you were a year late for me. That's OK I probably would of changed it anyway. LOL I'm really liking these motion sensors I've been putting them everywhere I don't eavn use half of my switches anymore.

Jerrod - is this the one you're using?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes Jim that is the one's I'm using. They are awesome, easy to install and fairly sensitive. So any human motion sets the off. "Or ON for that matter".
I'm going to do my control panel next. And get rid of the battery operated one. It's getting dim and temperamental.
The good thing with the motion lights is your moving around working in there the light will stay on until you close the cabinet or leave the area. You could leave the doors open and leave the area, the light will time out.
Highly recommended by me.

Bones

They look nice. I killed my battery one under the sink So I may follow your lead here and add one with motion. I have 12 volt access right on the other side of my sink cabinet. What was the wire Jim B suggested using for running most 12 volt projects? Oh by the way I just picked up new gas struts to get rid of my 2 stage struts on my basement door.

Last edited:

jhardin

Jerrod, i like your idea! I have several questions.... Where do you mount them in the cabinets. How are you wiring them and from where? Do you put one on each shelf? Or am I just missing something? Is there any way you could put a picture on here? Thanks

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod, i like your idea! I have several questions.... Where do you mount them in the cabinets. How are you wiring them and from where? Do you put one on each shelf? Or am I just missing something? Is there any way you could put a picture on here? Thanks
Thanks jhardin
I have a few links to my tread "Project LM 365" for you to check out
Dan did an awesome index to make it easier to find some of these Mod projects.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=59693
Start here, look at
#55 on the index and scroll to #464
Also #64 and #66
This is my first time doing this using the index so 1 I hope this make sense and 2 I hope it works
Here is the link to my tread
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=54076

As for finding power and pulling wires it can be somewhat tricky at times.
My Ashland has been a lot easier to access the control panel from the basement for pulling wires and other things.
We did the motion porch light mod on our friends Big Horn 3270 and it was quite tricky.. Also did the progressive EMS install last night on another buddy's Landmark 365 Key west. It was tuff to get the remote wires up into the control panel.
Check those out and get back to me and I'll give you all of my secrets.

also #75

Last edited: