Looking at air bags

GWRam

Is your 2500 a 4x4? Both my 2500 and 3500 have leaf springs but both are 4x4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
nope. and it wont qualify for a lemon either because it is not safety related.

Is that the way the lemon law is written in your state?
In New Jersey is does not have to be a safety related issue.

Last edited:

Bones

Is that the way the lemon law is written in you state?
In Nw Jersey is does not have to be a safety related issue.

That is the way I read it. Has to be a single problem they can't fix or safety related. It does not matter if there are multiple problems that it is going in for.

I think my truck has a major electrical problem and that is extremely difficult to get rid of. It has been in several times for diesel exhaust smell filling the cabin but that can't be proved because it never does it while they have it. It has been in for TPMS sensors. It was in for interior lights wigging out twice. It has been in for my door modules shorting out in the truck twice and they just shorted out again, soooo it has to go back again. I've had the whole infotainment system go blank and reboot itself for no reason. The diesel smell permeates through the cabin really really bad and is very sporadic. I've told them I think it is coming from a regen or the EGR system is leaking. It gets so bad in the cabin I have to open the windows in the dead of winter. The wife and I are trying to see if we can buy a new truck and just trade this one in. Now dodge has recalls on the air bags and so on. The truck is only 10 months old and has been in and out of the shop. Very tired of taking off to take it to the shop. We are going to try and just get a dually and are looking at ford left overs. 2015 F-350. Don't know if they want to deal but you never know. The other dodge dealership didn't want to deal but I'm slightly sour on the dodge right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that the way the lemon law is written in you state?
In Nw Jersey is does not have to be a safety related issue.

I'm really not having a good time. Almost everything keeps going wrong. Camper Drop truck issues just tired. I just want something to work right

porthole

Retired
The trucks have "vents somewhere in the body that allows air to escape when the doors are closed. A possibility is one or both of those vents are not sealing. Look on the outside back wall of the cab, between the cab and bed.

khalsey

attachment.php

This is a 2015 Ram

GWRam

Didn't realize the cab vents are that large. What prompted you to pull the bed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bones

Mine are in the same place. I can see 5hem open and close with the doors so they seem to be working

donblaz

I used Air Lift with no compressor on my Chevy. Installed a tee so both bags filled evenly. Done in under 2hrs No drilling