On Our Way to Michigan...So why is everyone else going South?

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
First day on the road. Seen 5 heartland products on the way on I44 in OK/MO and 4 (9 total) in the Camp Ground here tonight. We are at Camp Lakewood in Effingham, IL. I'm gonna try to do the meet and greet in the morning but it's pouring rain right now.

But, why is everyone going South? LOL!

rick_debbie_gallant

First day on the road. Seen 5 heartland products on the way on I44 in OK/MO and 4 (9 total) in the Camp Ground here tonight. We are at Camp Lakewood in Effingham, IL. I'm gonna try to do the meet and greet in the morning but it's pouring rain right now.

Us people from Michigan know what is coming just around the corner. THAT is why Michiganfolks head south!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Here in Pigeon Forge today it was 78 and sunny. We had the top down on Lin's car while cruisin the traffic congested area. We'll be here through the weekend before heading to Charleston. The Forecast doesn't look great but at least it isn't white. Like in Denver. HA!

Safe travels to all ya'll headin south.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
0630 hrs I'm up, ready to hook up but DW and Arnie are not. DW says this is vacation time not a field training exercise. Well at least the rain has stopped and its a nice crisp 45 degrees this a.m.

jbeletti

Heading south ourselves. Chicago to Elkhart, IN on Tuesday. Elkhart to Louisville, KY on Wednesday. With the rain, I did not sleep well so I was up at 0500 today. Guy next to me fired up his truck and pulled out. I decided to get up. Spent a bunch of time online, fired up the coffee maker and now the DW is up. Made her breakfast too :) Got the gray tanks draining and watching the news now. Soon, we'll continue our trek south to Nashville then east to Crossville, TN. Then next Tuesday, we head for the Charleston, SC rally.

Jim

Delaine and Lindy

My Brother Rex, in just one word, warm and no cold weather all windows up and have had to use the A/C once or twice since we arrived in Florida on 7 Oct. However the rain is coming.

Jim B. have fun at the new home site in Crossville, and will be following you guys at your Rally on the Heartland net. Rally time is always a fun time.

P.S. Brother Rex my mother Lodge was Huachuca #53 in Arizona, but just changed to my home county in Tennessee. Stay dry.... and warm... Happy Trails....

ncc1701e

Trailer is packed, truck is fueled, leaving western KY for Townsend, TN (Smokies) by 0600 tomorrow, should be in camp by 3PM. We looking forward to enjoying some great fall colors and it looks like some cooler weather (LOL). On Tuesday, looks like we'll be part of the convoy headed to Charleston, SC and warmer temps.

Theresau

Where will you be staying in Michigan?

Theresa

Theresau

Ray,

Joe told me to tell you he's from Streator, IL - I guess it's real close to Dixon (and he said that Reagan grew up in Dixon - learning some history).

Theresa

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Hi all, we are in Bad Axe, MI camped till the 12th. Had a condensation issue the first night but after the central heat got the trailer warmed up it's been fine. All my nieces and nephews are here so Arnie's hair is about to fall out. LOL!

Having a great time. We will be leaving before it gets too cold here (I HOPE!)