Rally location ideas - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Bill,

What you are describing is exactly what we are trying to do - so we're on the same page :)

Suggestions on specific locations and campgrounds is what I am after?

Keep them coming...

Jim

bill40

I agree with Bobcat make it in the center so it is convenient to all be nice to meet some of the west coasters.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
CO or WY would certainly be a more likely place for us. We'd love to see either.

hcriddle

I need a good excuse to go to Colorado or Wyoming too! Can't think of a better reason than the 2012 rally.

62cwil

Jim, I know of two spots but they are more in the West than Central. I have been to both and they can accomodate anything the club would want.
1. Oasis RV Resort in Las Vegas
2. Beaudry RV Park in Tucson AZ. Monaco was just their and had around 500 rigs.

bill40

If you have it at the right time of the year I could leave the chains home and head to Mont. after the rally, Jer and I always wanted to go there.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Jim, I know of two spots but they are more in the West than Central. I have been to both and they can accomodate anything the club would want.
1. Oasis RV Resort in Las Vegas
2. Beaudry RV Park in Tucson AZ. Monaco was just their and had around 500 rigs.

Beaudry is a beautiful park and even has some sites with private hot tubs.:D

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I don't mean to be redundant, but we for one go north in the summer to keep away from the heat. Planning a rally in June or July in Arizona will most likely be pretty warm, while in Colorado and Wyoming or even in Montana would be in the west and a lot cooler climate.

Searched google and found this on Answers.com:
June in Tucson is pretty much high 90's to mid 100's during the day. Overnights are about 65-75.

FWIW..
BC

2010augusta

I don't mean to be redundant, but we for one go north in the summer to keep away from the heat. Planning a rally in June or July in Arizona will most likely be pretty warm, while in Colorado and Wyoming or even in Montana would be in the west and a lot cooler climate.

Searched google and found this on Answers.com:
June in Tucson is pretty much high 90's to mid 100's during the day. Overnights are about 65-75.

FWIW..
BC

That was my thoughts too. I can't imagine going to Las Vegas, or AZ in the summer. I think CO or WY would be a much more enjoyable climate that time of year.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Bobcat that northern states would be best in summer for a rally. I love The Rocky Mountains. But beware, just so you know it can get toasty there as well. In mid June, a few years back, we were in Hardin Montana for Reenactment Days. The temp was 105. But then again the next night at a higher elevation in West Yellowstone it was 27. So you never know what you are going to get.
One other thing worth mentioning is that I searched for larger RV parks in the areas mentioned and could not find one large enough, or one with a convention center to accommodate our size requirement.

Peace
Dave

OwensMom

Believe me you do not want to be in Tucson or LV in summer. Hot, hot, hot. In Co or Wy can be warm but in June not usually in the 100's. And the nights cool off so that you do not need air conditioning. I cannot think of a campground large enough to accomodate the entire club here in CO. Maybe WY is the place. Hope you can come west, Lynn

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Well I hate to be a party pooper but Colorado or Wyoming may be too far for us. Hate to think we would have to miss a National Rally. Of course we would be there in spirit. I know others are more fortunate than us to be able to travel so much more and I hope that we get our turn someday.

Mark

boatdoc

Well I hate to be a party pooper but Colorado or Wyoming may be too far for us. Hate to think we would have to miss a National Rally. Of course we would be there in spirit. I know others are more fortunate than us to be able to travel so much more and I hope that we get our turn someday.

Mark

I, we, hear you Mark. Although, there are are bunches of us out here, on the West Coast that would love to go to a national rally and when they are all back there it leaves must all of us out and has. Some of us talked about this at the Oregon rally last year. The rocky mountain states are very doable for several of us out here. Way back there, not a chance.

loafer

Mark
We are looking forward to coming to your 2010 rally. The only reason we could make yours is we are going across Canada and will be down that way on the way back going to Nashville after your rally. we just bought our Sundance this May and retired so we are looking forward to joining the crew at both Rallys.Will be doing our own BC rally in september up here >Wy or colorado are do-able from here. we are on the west coast of canada
regards bill

jmgratz

Check out this link for the Cam-Plex in Gillette, Wyoming. It is a beautiful facility with plenty of RV sites and plenty of space for seminars and get-togethers. Even has a rodeo arena. http://www.cam-plex.com/

jmgratz

It is a beautiful facility. We attended the Escapade there in 2008 in July and it was great. Weather was wonderful. It is close enough to be able to take a day tour to Devil's Tower National Park, Little Big Horn Battlefield, Mount Rushmore, and many other areas of interest. There are also several huge coal mines there that are available to tour. We toured one and it was very interesting. These are above ground coal mines. More coal comes out of Gillette than any other place in the US. Over 1000 train cars a day. Anyway the Cam-Plex was built to accommodate RV rallies and other large gatherings. Too bad every state doesn't have one of them.

Robert-n-Marion_Wengler

Founding Colorado Chapter Leader
This May Work

Hi Jim ,I looked this rv park up in the Woodalls campground directory .
Golden Eagle Ranch Campground & Rv Park in Colorado,500 sites

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.