Rally location ideas - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Re: Input Requested for 2012 Rally Location

I haven't looked at the CO places yet, but the Gillette location is huge!!! It could handle a couple of our Nationals at the same time! Its between 1300 and 1400 miles for us, so it would take 3-4 days for us to get there and the same to get home. It would need to be late June or July for us to have even a chance to make it.

TXBobcat

Fulltime

I just had a thought. We should have it somewhere in ALASKA.

Couldn't you see it. 150 Heartland RV's going North to Alaska. Wouldn't that be a CONVOY... Wahoo Headem up, Movem Out.. LOL

Couldn't Resist...

BC

netters1

Wyoming would be great for us as a first choice. We also like Colorado.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Gillette Wyoming would work for us. Then we could go visit our deer in Montana. They miss us. Bob:D

bill40

I just had a thought. We should have it somewhere in ALASKA.

Couldn't you see it. 150 Heartland RV's going North to Alaska. Wouldn't that be a CONVOY... Wahoo Headem up, Movem Out.. LOL

Couldn't Resist...

BC
Although Gillette would be great I'm going to vote with BC. 1. The trip would be great and 2 Just to see if the Chebby would do it.:angel:

jgoddardg

Wy and Co are both a long haul from WV, but both are beautiful states. Co Spgs has a lot to offer with all the georgeous scenery, but it takes a lot to match what Wyoming has with Devil's Tower and Yellowstone. I've worked both areas and would love to bring Debbie to show her around either state. Actually, would probably hit both no matter which site was selected for the rally. Mt Rushmore and Badlands are within easy driving distance of Wyoming, too. Count us in!

hart1369

we dont plan on attending either the 2010 or 2012 ralley and have not made plans for 2011 but i think closer to the left coast would be nice for the total heartland base

Bighurt

I'd definitely take leave to attend a Co or Wy event!

Is there an information page on Rallies, as a newb to the heartland family. I'm sorta in the dark how they work? Cost?

jbeletti

Bighurt,

Rallies are listed in a couple of places. First, scroll to the top of this page and click on the Events menu item on the navigation bar. There will be a long list with brief descriptions of what's coming up. For a friendlier list, again at the top of this page, towards the left, click on Portal. On the Portal page, on the right side, you'll find an Events listing. Here are all the Heartland Owners Events with a little more detail. Each is clickable.

Hope to see you at a rally soon!

Donna and I like Gillette, Wy. It is also close to Yellowstone and Mt Rushmore and the beautiful Black hills.
Hey Ziggy, you folks could drive to our home and spend the night and then 2 days to get to Gillette. I have hookups at the home. We could caravan to Gillette. Just a thought.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC

That sounds like a good idea if this actually happens. Thanks.
Kristy

RoadJunkie

Re: This May Work

We had a motorcycle (BMW) national rally at the Gillette facility and I found it to quite nice. But beyond that facility, the city infrastructure (restaurants, etc.) was not on par with somewhere like Colorado Springs.

bar20

Re: This May Work

I don't want to be a party pooper but an eye opener. I live near San Francisco, CA about as far West as you can go. The distance between my city and Goshen, IN is 1915 miles. To Branson, MO it's 1566 miles. To Gillette, WY it's 960 miles. Someone in Ohio said Wyoming would be a hardship for them, it's 1186 miles from Columbus. Maybe it would, however I did mileage from Columbus, OH to Goshen, IN and it's 185 miles. So every other year a drive of 200 miles gets you there, for me it's over 1900 miles. Washington DC which is on the Atlantic Coast is 500 miles to Goshen. So if you live between DC and Goshen you are within 500 miles from attending a national get together every other year. I belong to a national motorcycle club which holds a yearly convention. They think the center of the USA is the Mississippi River, it's not, it's much further West. Even going to Gillette I have to drive over the Sierra Nevada and the Rocky Mountains. You do neither coming from the East. I vote for Gillette.

Do you want to check mileage between two locations?

http://www.symsys.com/mileage/index.php

Steve

62cwil

I agree with distances. I would like to go but it is just too far for a few day rally. I live in the San Diego area which is probably little bit farther.

gasman

Camp Socializer

If anyone was at the Great North American RV Rally in 2000, you will recall that there were few if any problems at Cam-Plex. The lack of restaurants was addressed by having food vendors set up temporary facilities on site. That rally had tons more rigs and people than we would have so the surrounding area may not have too many problems. Score my vote for Gillette.

shmily76

I'm not a member yet (we just bought our MPG a month ago), but ran into JimB and his wife over the weekend at Jellystone in IN... and told us about the forums. Here's my 2¢, although being a newbie, I may stick my foot in my mouth.

I have to agree. We're in Chicago, and just drove to NC. That in itself was almost 2000 miles round trip. I would think it's only fair that if the odd years are in IN, that the even years be maybe somewhere in the middle from west to central one year, then from east to central on the next even year. Although if it were west, we'd most likely be out of that rally (we only get two weeks vacation as we are only in our 30's. Ahhh to be a retiree! I would LOVE to go see Mt Rushmore and such, but we'd be limited on our time.

Just my thoughts. Nothing specific and no answers to JimB's question, but food for thought.

I must say the Heartland Owners are a great welcoming group of people and we will definitely be planning on the rally in 2011!

I'm not a member yet (we just bought our MPG a month ago), but ran into JimB and his wife over the weekend at Jellystone in IN... and told us about the forums....

Hi Ronnie & Deborah,

It was great meeting you and the girls at the Jellystone. Happy to see you got online and read in another thread that we took care of that bowing issue you had in the front of the unit.

Speaking of rallies, if you can swing it, try to make the Springfield, IL rally if you can.

Thanks for your rally input and hope to see you guys again. For sure in Goshen in 2011!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.