The Landmark San Antonio

porthole

Retired
Jim - the best you can do is post about a new trailer and no pics?
Whats up with that?

I think you need a NJ rep, let us know, I have room to store it.

jbeletti

Jim - the best you can do is post about a new trailer and no pics?
Whats up with that?

I think you need a NJ rep, let us know, I have room to store it.

Thanks for the offer Duane :)

Yeah - this is just "drawing board stuff" at this point. No pics until we build one next year.

Jim

On Edit: Oops! Thought I was replying to the proposed Bighorn floorplan thread. I have ton's of pics of the San Antonio. I am working on them now. Standby...

Last edited:

kwolbeck

Past Heartland Ambassador
Jim,

The .pdf flier on post 1 shows a dry weight of 13,488. Can you tell us what the gross weight is for the San Antonio.

Thanks, Kevin

jbeletti

Kevin,

The gross weight on your new coach, I mean, the Landmark San Antonio :) is 16,250 on the one we had at Pomona. I say we each get one and have a rally in San Antonio :)

Jim

kwolbeck

Wow, Not sure how to take that comment. Are you getting one of those for me? I was gonna wait for the new floorplan that is 42' long with a gross weight of 18,000 but I might be able to upgrade sooner.

Imagine 50 or 60 Landmark San Antonio's pulling into San Antonio.

What a party that could lead into.

Kevin

Last edited:

jbeletti

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin... I like you and Nelly a lot, but... you're on your own for the new coach.

Speaking of San Antonio, I will be near San Antonio (Kerrville), most likely with a Landmark San Antonio, Feb 16-20 at the RV.net Sweetheart Rally. The week prior, I plan to be in the Rio Grande Valley. We plan to hold an open house at Ron Hoover RV in Donna on February 10 in Donna.

Jim

jbeletti

Mike and Connie - whoa! Congratulations!!!!! Sorry that I missed your posts that you ordered out a San Antonio. That's awesome. I was chatting with Eastern Regional Director, Dave Yocum today and he told me you posted a bunch of pictures. I knew then I needed to circle back to this thread as I had not read down far enough earlier today.

I read that you asked for storage drawers instead of the waste basket cabinet. Curious as to what other changes you asked for. I see you asked Larry about 17.5" tires/wheels. This is not something Heartland does, but perhaps Giant RV can facilitate. Duane (porthole) can give you a sense of the cost as he did this on his Bighorn. I can tell you that your San Antonio comes standard with 16" aluminum wheels and Goodyear G614 RST tires - pretty decent stuff.

I took over a hundred pictures and will post some of them. Maybe I got a few you didn't :) I also took a lot of measurements and can share them if anyone is in need.

Congrats again!

Jim

jbeletti

I uploaded a bunch of San Antonio images to the Heartland Owners Gallery (HOG). Here's a link. Try the slide show feature on HOG.

Jim

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Jim--you did a great job with all the photos of the San Antonio- Bob loves the refrigerator....

Love C

jbeletti

Thanks Christina. They are still uploading. And it looks like I have a few dupes to weed out.

The refer is really nice.

Miss you guys :(

Jim

2010augusta

LOVE the shower and the back splashes in kitchen and bath. The bedroom chest-of-drawers with the large TV is nice too.

I think you have missed the mark on the exterior graphics. They look CHEAP. not painting the lower half is a large step down. the white "J" wrap and pure white rear caps look like every other mid-grade fifth wheel.

The floor to ceiling bedroom window is odd too, that is not where I would want a large window (right were I get dressed), I under stand that there has to be an escape route in the bedroom, but lets put an emergency door and a smaller window, the bedroom already get too light during the day.

I miss the Stainless steel appliances. the metal add a new color and texture to the interior and Magnets DON'T stick to wood, so what would we do with these?
DSCN7766.JPG

Last edited:

Northern Virginia
I think you have missed the mark on the exterior graphics. They look CHEAP. not painting the lower half is a large step down. the white "J" wrap and pure white rear caps look like every other mid-grade fifth wheel.

I thought the same thing and wondered if it were an effort to keep the price point down since it has so many other goodies.

John

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Alan, very sage observations that I agree with as well. Also, maybe this coach didn't have full body paint. Remember, this is a prototype, not the finished product. I also would prefer stainless steel appliances. I think by the 2nd run mid-winter, the 2012 Landmark San Antonio will have all the kinks out. If I order one, it will be with Mor/Ryde Independent Suspension, and disc brakes. For this kind of luxury and size, why worry about axles and springs?

DW_Gray

Shhh.......

Please don't tell Amy about this new San Antonio.

Now if I could figure out where I could store my guns and set up my reloading center I'd might be interested for sure.

kakampers

Well, all I can say is....WOW!!! It looks like they took my discontinued floorplan, which I've always loved, and kicked it up several notches!!!

My Likes: newly designed entertainment center with much larger TV with better placement and hidden storage. Couch can stay in the rear...YEAH! Flip out pantry, LOVE IT...especially the way the bottom doors cover up the breaker panel! I never cared for stainless steel appliances, so I really like this look better! Washer/Dryer closet on first floor...always wanted it that way! The Mega Bath...FANTASTIC! Gives you the best of both worlds, a private bath when you have quests with a solid door to the bedroom! The floorspace in the bedroom is great, looks very roomy, and I really like the underbed storage...along with the extra storage on the side of the closet where the other floorplans usually put the W/D. And the woodwork...beautiful! looks much richer like it did in the classics!

Only two things I DON"T like...apparently there is no more in-floor laundry storage...or any laundry storage for that matter that I can see. That I would miss, but could work around. Second, what a waste of space that kitchen trash can thing is...I would want that the way it is my 3600...double doors and a mid-shelf...I store alot of kitchen appliances in there.

I really appreciate that Heartland asked us what we thought was needed and they actually listened...way to go!! You guys are going to really give the upper end fiver manufacturers a run for the money with this one...just make sure the quality control is there, and you've got a winner!!!

Now...how do I convince DH it's time to upgrade??? ;)

DWH

RE: The Landmark San Antonio

Jim, thank you for all of pictures. The San Antonio looks great. Sue and I are quite interested. We're already asking price questions and trade in values. However, I have a few questions for you.
1. What decor is shown in your pictures and is Godiva available?
2. I thought "Beaufloor" wood planking, Vessal bowl sink in bath, wood window shades and Exterior Paint Package (1/2
body as my 2010 Grand Canyon has) were all part of the 2011 Landmark Package. Are these available on the San
Antonio and if so are they options that must be paid for? We like all of these.
3. What size televisions are standard for The San Antonio? Both for the living room and bed room areas.
4. Does the dining room table open or expand in any ways?
5. Lastly, concerning the Automatic Leveling System, which we don't have currently, I have 2 questions. How many
inches off the ground are the pads when fully retracted to travel down the road? And, how many inches side to side
and front to back can the unit be out of level and the Leveling System still work to automatically level the RV? I know
folks have said online that 3 degrees out of level is the limit. Is this from the factory and if so can someone do the
math (Trigonometry I think) and determine how many inches this is for an 8' wide unit? Same question, front to back.

Again, thank you Jim for keeping us all informed. My DW and I think the Harland products are great and I will shortly try to find the time to start a thread to tell you how Heartland really preformed excellently with some service issues this summer.
I say find the time not just because I'm busy but mostly because I'm the worlds slowest typist.

Doug and Sue Hoeffner
2010 LM GC
2008 Chev 2500 D&A

jbeletti

Doug/Sue: I don't have all the answers for you but will answer what I can. See inline below. Kary K will have to weigh in on that which I cannot speak to.

Jim B

RE: The Landmark San Antonio

Jim, thank you for all of pictures. The San Antonio looks great. Sue and I are quite interested. We're already asking price questions and trade in values. However, I have a few questions for you.
1. What decor is shown in your pictures and is Godiva available?
JB: Not sure what decor that unit had. Not sure on Godiva availability.

2. I thought "Beaufloor" wood planking, Vessal bowl sink in bath, wood window shades and Exterior Paint Package (1/2
body as my 2010 Grand Canyon has) were all part of the 2011 Landmark Package. Are these available on the San
Antonio and if so are they options that must be paid for? We like all of these.
JB: This unit is a 2011 model year unit. I did not see the Beaufloor decal, so I think it's something else. Probably better. No plank style vinyl in this one. 1/2 body paint is not presently planned. We have done a lot of tweaking to move costs from here to there to allow us to do more things with the coach and still do our best to hold the overall cost down. Full-body paint will be an option for those who want it.

3. What size televisions are standard for The San Antonio? Both for the living room and bed room areas.
JB: I measured the bedroom TV at 32" and forgot to measure the livingroom one. It's big - probably 42".

4. Does the dining room table open or expand in any ways?
JB: Yes, table is split at the center and simply pulls open from one end to reveal a stored leaf that can be put in.

5. Lastly, concerning the Automatic Leveling System, which we don't have currently, I have 2 questions. How many
inches off the ground are the pads when fully retracted to travel down the road? And, how many inches side to side
and front to back can the unit be out of level and the Leveling System still work to automatically level the RV? I know
folks have said online that 3 degrees out of level is the limit. Is this from the factory and if so can someone do the
math (Trigonometry I think) and determine how many inches this is for an 8' wide unit? Same question, front to back.
JB: I am guessing about 1 foot off the ground on the retracted pads - but I am not there anymore to measure. The jacks have a long stroke length. Having a high retraction is good for clearance and having a long stroke length is good for giving you maximum flexibility for leveling on uneven terrain. Cannot answer you on the rest of the questions. I will tell you that on this same system, I have leveled out where the tires on one side or the other were up to 3" off the ground. So it's pretty darn flexible in its usability.

Again, thank you Jim for keeping us all informed. My DW and I think the Harland products are great and I will shortly try to find the time to start a thread to tell you how Heartland really preformed excellently with some service issues this summer.
I say find the time not just because I'm busy but mostly because I'm the worlds slowest typist.

Doug and Sue Hoeffner
2010 LM GC
2008 Chev 2500 D&A

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
The new trailer is nice, but I think I'll hold out for a Landmark with a garage, even a half garage.

Either way, I hope by the time we are ready for the next trailer (got a capable truck coming) that your R&D team do a little more work in the aesthetes.

My 1980 boat has a better "electrical panel" then the current trailers.

There are only a few things I don't care for with our 3010, the main being the hodge podge of electrical switches.

It is obvious from the Cyclone that the company has the ability to make custom panels, so I see no reason to have at least 3 totally different types of switches in the "command center".

Now I know the simple answer is to just build a recess and hide it all with a door. Our boat's panel is hidden behind a staircase but still has a uniform panel.

This type panel is way more then what we probably need, but, it is a one stop source for all the wiring, AC, DC, shore power, generator etc. And this type can allow for expansion.

http://bluesea.com/category/7/32/productline/180

Picture is the new trailer on the left our 3010 on the right.

Attachments

• Switch panels.JPG
    Switch panels.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 91