The Landmark San Antonio

Willym

To answer a question above, 3 degrees out of level equates to about 5" offset, side to side on a 96" wide trailer.

jbeletti

2. ... Exterior Paint Package (1/2 body as my 2010 Grand Canyon has) were all part of the 2011 Landmark Package. Are these available on the San
Antonio and if so are they options that must be paid for?...

I have some clarification on this. This coach will be offered with a white body with vinyl graphics as standard (similar to our other products). As options, we plan to offer partial-body paint and full-body paint. I do not know pricing at this time.

Jim

DWH

RE: The Landmark San Antonio

Jim, I have been told by a dealer that the San Antonio will be classified as a four season rv when the "Yetti" option (insulation in slides and around tanks and some waterline heating I believe) is added. I think a lot of Heartland owners would be
interested in this development. The official word please.

Doug Hoeffner
2010 Landmark Grand Canyon
2008 Chev 2500 D&A

jbeletti

Doug,

We believe the Yetti insulation package is really going to make a difference. I cannot say whether we'll call it a 4 season coach as that is so subjective. To live in sub-freezing weather for long periods of time with minimal trouble, requires other precautions to be taken by the RV owner. Precautions such as skirting all the way around the RV, a heated water line among others.

That said, recall what htneighbors did in 2008. He lived in his Cyclone in Wyoming over the entire winter. He took the needed precautions and did pretty well. Repeating what precautions he took and doing this in a Landmark with the Yetti package would likely have let to even more comfortable living.

Once the Yetti package is 100% worked out, we can give more detailed information on it.

Jim

RoadJunkie

I'm very concerned about Heartland meeting the expectations of consumers when releasing a package named for the Abominable Snowman, Yeti. This name would imply survivability in extreme winter conditions. Can they back up the expectation or are they opening themselves up for disappointment of consumers?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
You know, when it is all said and done Jim, I really like the large shower and separate commode room of the San Antonio and I love the thought of being able to have the sofa at the back and sill be able to close the slides.

But we would not consider buying one because Carol does not like the lack of counter space to prepare meals and entertain guests. I know it is all a matter of personal perference and design likes and dislikes, but I need to keep the "boss" happy so would not be willing to trade my Pinehurst for the San Antonio. I just pass this on as for food for thought.

Keith

jbeletti

personally, I hate the sink in the master bdrm.... tacky~
but love everything else

I hear you on this. In a split bath design, which some people desire, the sink does have to go somewhere. In the new Bighorn that is similar, yet not exactly the same as the San Antonio, the sink is in the commode room only, and larger than the one in the commode room in the San Antonio.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I will say that though the primary bathroom sink is in the bedroom, we've really done a nice job with it.

Thank you for your feedback.

Jim

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Jim,
I think this new Landmark San Antonio is awesome in general. Isn't the purpose of a prototype model to find out what the buyers like and dislike and ultimately build a rig that incorporates the best of the best feedback? It is clear to me that Heartland management is listening and trying to place the Landmark clearly above the Big Horn and doing a good job of it. Congrats.

Anyway that HL will incorporate the laundry chute that my Big Horn had way back in the 2009 models? We used it to store our booze, sodas and water.

DWH

Jim, Is the microwave/convection oven the same size as the one in our 2010 Grand Canyon? Just trying to get an idea of how large the space is in that area. Also, is that a glass tile back splash? Thank you for your help.

Doug Hoeffner
2010 Grand Canyon
2008 Chev 2500 D&A

jbeletti

Jim, Is the microwave/convection oven the same size as the one in our 2010 Grand Canyon? Just trying to get an idea of how large the space is in that area. Also, is that a glass tile back splash? Thank you for your help.

Doug Hoeffner
2010 Grand Canyon
2008 Chev 2500 D&A

Doug - yes, the microwave is the same size, 30". I am not certain if the backsplash is glass or plastic. I do know that it's a single piece of material.

jbeletti

...Isn't the purpose of a prototype model to find out what the buyers like and dislike and ultimately build a rig that incorporates the best of the best feedback?...Anyway that HL will incorporate the laundry chute that my Big Horn had way back in the 2009 models? We used it to store our booze, sodas and water...

We run a prototype, then we tweak it until we feel we have it fairly well dialed in. Then it goes out to a dealer and from the dealer and retail who see it, we get more feedback. That feedback helps us dial it in even more. That said, we're not always able to incorporate all feedback. At some point, there is a balance we try to achieve in terms of cost versus features. We want to deliver a tremendous value to retail.

No laundry chute is planned. We have been using the full-extension drawers in Landmark and many Bighorn floor plans. Likely to be the same for the 2012 model year. You may want to consider an "oven delete" and store the booze, soda, water etc. in the cabinet that you would gain there. I don't think we can always do the "oven delete", but it's been done before :) Then you can bake in the convection microwave.

Jim

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Hi Jim,
Thanks for your excellent commentary on the process of how HL finely hones their rigs, incorporating as much feedback from both dealers and owners, keeping in mind fiscal responsibility. That is why Debbi and I will wait until springtime to make our Landmark purchase.

Btw, that was a tongue-in-cheek comment about the laundry chute/beverage storage area. We would never give up the oven as Debbi likes to cook.

JamesD

Forums need a few facebook featues such as... <like> Yetti option </like>

(I kept real html tags out of it because I wasn't sure what it would break)

Heartland... a large shower would be nice but ceiling height is my issue.
I'm about 6'4" and it would be nice to shower standing up.
Some 5ers I've looked at require I stick my head in the skylight just to stand in the shower.
I've gotten so the first thing I do is walk to the bathroom and step in the shower.
Figure that out without going to a front living layout and I'll be sold.

Moose

Forums need a few facebook featues such as... <like> Yetti option </like>

(I kept real html tags out of it because I wasn't sure what it would break)

Some 5ers I've looked at require I stick my head in the skylight just to stand in the shower.
I've gotten so the first thing I do is walk to the bathroom and step in the shower.
Figure that out without going to a front living layout and I'll be sold.

Well on the up side . . . . . you get views in the shower (if the skylight is open LOL) that most of us would never have. LOL

2010augusta

James, I am 6'4" too and have NO trouble showering in the LM, I look over the enclosure, but have no problems with headroom.