The Landmark San Antonio

JamesD

James, I am 6'4" too and have NO trouble showering in the LM, I look over the enclosure, but have no problems with headroom.
Well, to be fair, I started the step in the shower test when I was looking at less expensive models.
I just started to consider Landmark as an option and haven't had a chance to look in person yet.
I just don't see looking any further if I can't stand in the shower so doing that is a given.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/18950-The-Landmark-San-Antonio/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by SouthernNights //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/18950-The-Landmark-San-Antonio/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png
I would be very interested in what the Yetti package consists of.
When do you think that will be?

Probably by the end of November.

Ok, Jim, not to be a nudge, but any secret being held until the Louisville show is on can be devolged now.

Show is now on and all secrets have been revealed, so can you share more information on the Yeti package????

jbeletti

Sorry guys - I really don't have any of the details.

Will share when I have anything I can - but you may find out first on dealer websites and such.

Jim

funntheson

We saw this unit in Pomona, and although we ordered a Bighorn (3585RL), this unit affected our order in ways such as the Pecan interior, the lighter color countertop, the auto leveling system, etc.

We have a 36' Big Horn and are one day away from purchasing the beautiful San Antonio; however, we are planning a summer trip to Alaska and are wondering if we will be sorry to have such a long unit (40' 11").

We talked ourselves out of the San Antonio for three reasons. (1) There is sooo much space taken up with bathroom facilities. Unless you have special needs for that big shower it's lots of space for an area you use once a day. (2) The living room area seemed really small with only one small window on the entertainment unit side. Actually, that small window is the only one on the whole side of the RV. (3) There is hardly any counter space in the kitchen - couldn't see anywhere you could put a coffee pot and leave it out. Just food for thought for potential buyers. Now we're looking at a Rushmore.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I saw the San Antonio several days ago, and I'm surprised you thought the living room was small...it's as big as the one in my 3600RL...which we found to be considerably bigger than most models. I do agree about the counter space in the kitchen...but I think a coffee pot could sit next to the little "spice" cabinet under the overhead cabinet.

The one we saw had two windows over the desk, one on the sidewall and one on the outer wall of the slide. It's very similar to the window layout in our 3600, so I guess that wouldn't bother me.

I really didn't see any lack of space, even for fulltimer's like us in the downstairs area...and the upstairs...WOW! never have I seen a bedroom with more room in it...it's great!!

We liked the Rushmore too, just don't think we can deal with the viewing angle of the RE setup...

jbeletti

Kathy,

I'm wondering if the spice cabinet can be eliminated in order to free-up counter space? I'm thinking there's a good chance of it on factory orders. That said, a lot of Heartland owners have told me they love that little cabinet. Even in some of our smaller floor plans with minimal counter space (BH 3055 for example). In the San Antonio, if the spice cabinet was removed, that would allow for at least half the width of a coffee maker - perhaps. Of course, a new place for spices would be needed :)

Karen/Gary,

In terms of windows, on the off-door side (ODS) of this coach, I agree that in that kitchen/entertainment outer slide wall, there is only one window. But when you look at the whole coach from a "light-entering", "air-flow" perspective, there really are 5 windows on the ODS of this coach - without any funny math either :)

This all said, I really appreciate everyone's constructive comments on this coach. Even from those who have passed on it. It really helps others make their own decisions when they read everyone else's first-hand critical reviews.

san_antonio_windows.jpg

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Jim...that's a good idea...I just looked at mine. There is a "chase" in the rear of that cabinet, but if they eliminated the spice storage spot and made a blank wall around the chase...it could work well!! I like that idea....as for spice storage, the flip-out pantry should have plenty of additional space...

lwmcguir

We talked ourselves out of the San Antonio for three reasons. (1) There is sooo much space taken up with bathroom facilities. Unless you have special needs for that big shower it's lots of space for an area you use once a day. (2) The living room area seemed really small with only one small window on the entertainment unit side. Actually, that small window is the only one on the whole side of the RV. (3) There is hardly any counter space in the kitchen - couldn't see anywhere you could put a coffee pot and leave it out. Just food for thought for potential buyers. Now we're looking at a Rushmore.

You should look at the Augusta again if you really like counter space.

caokgafamily

Jim,

Me and the DW love the San Antonio. Just a couple of thoughts, on the doors up in the bedroom how come Heartland can't come up with raised panel doors? We have a raised panel door on our 07 3400RL for the bathroom, it just looks more custom? Also how come nobody in the RV industry has not come up with a more residential toilet? no plastic lid and seat, maybe just a little bit bigger?
Steve

jbeletti

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the feedback on the San Antonio. I agree with you on the doors - sort of plainish with the flush-look versus raised panel. I would imagine it's a cost factor thing. Kary would have to weigh in on that.

With regard to the toilet, as you know, we don't make them :) The toilets we're presently using is pretty decent. I'm wondering if you can swap the seat out for something more comfy?

When creating an RV that you're trying to keep affordable for the maximum number of people, there are choices that must be made with product selection. We try to strike a balance on products we select to give you decent performance at a great price. In many cases, you will find that even in Landmark, there are more expensive choices that could have been made. Hopefully, for the target we are aiming for, we mostly get it right.

Jim

kkamshop

But I'm sure there are lots of 2010 models on dealers lots if the discontinued floor plans are what you want.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Us too in our "Classic" Golden Gate. I guess we are the only ones who like the 'open' floor plans