Timbrens

beck-mark

Ive had both air bags and timbrens. I had the timbrens on a 2001 F250 super duty and they worked fine with a hitch weight of about 2800lbs. I installed with the spacer so they were in contact all the time loaded or unloaded. the sag when hitched up was only about a half an inch to 3/4 of an inch. the only thing I didn't like is when not loaded it made the ride a lot stiffer but now I have a 2016 F350 with max springs and it is about the same ride when not loaded. I get about 1 inch of sag when hitched up with the 2016. I had the air bags on a 92 chevy 3/4 ton. The timbrens are kinda set it and forget it and unless you go all the way on the air bags with onboard air and cabin controls they are kinda another thing to worry about. I think I would go with the timbrens over the air bags If I did it again. I don't really think with the 16 F350 I need either at this time.

BigGuy82

So, I just talked with the folkks at Thru-Way Auto Spring in Rochester, NY. This isn't a small mom and pop shop - they do everything from cars to semi's. I asked for their recommendations regarding suspension tuning on my new 2016 F350 dually. I told them what I was pulling and here's their answer (they are dealers for all systems):

They recommend going with Timbrens. If that isn't enough to satisfy the demands I put on the truck, they then recommend adding a leaf - downside being that of course, this will make the truck ride a little stiffer. As I said, they can do whatever the owner wants, so they have no axe to grind either way - this was just their recommendation.

So, end of the day, this is the route I'm taking. I'm figuring that if this doesn't work I can always go to bags.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm hoping to some day do the Kinderman full 4 link air ride suspension on the new Ford. About another $5 or $6K though so it won't be anytime soon.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

justafordguy

I run Air-Lift 5000 + bags on my F250 and F350 and love em. On the dually I only run about 20 psi to level the truck but my Gateway only has a 2450lb pin weight.

IronJ

I'm hoping to some day do the Kinderman full 4 link air ride suspension on the new Ford. About another $5 or $6K though so it won't be anytime soon.

I was just talking to my aftermarket guy about going to the kelderman bag setup...it's about 10k fully installed. all the way down its 1" higher than stock and at driving height it's a 4-6 lift and fully aired it will get 8-9.. he said they did a bag system on a toy hauler earlier in the year...didn't even ask what that cost..lol

I'm gonna use it as is till winter then decide....

We shall see

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

I've come to the realization bags are no doubt the best...someone mentioned a added leaf...I am actually running a new Deaver spring pack and bags...when the bags are spot on pressure wise the ride is untouchable by any other combo. I usually sit around 4000-4300 pin weight

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I seen one on a brand new GMC Denali last week and it sat perfectly level. He paid $7000 installed.
I could do it myself for less.

IronJ

It would be less for mine was well as I am already 4 linked in the front . The rear system replaces the whole leaf and all...

The parts alone are ~ 7k...I can't imagine it's THAT hard to install, but my shop quoted 3k...

May be cheaper on a denali...

I have ridden in a kelderman f250 and it's a real nice ride and totally adjustable...

What I really like is the ability to enjoy my lifted truck and drop it 100% level when I tow..

Best of both worlds...!!

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish