Tow Max about to get next victim

HornedToad

I was on a dealers lot last week that had almost fifty Heartland fifth wheels...
I noticed all the Landmarks had G114s,
of two dozen Big Horn, Big Country & Gateway's all but 3 had Sailun S637s,
all of the dozen Cyclones had TowMax???

justafordguy

I was on a dealers lot last week that had almost fifty Heartland fifth wheels...
I noticed all the Landmarks had G114s,
of two dozen Big Horn, Big Country & Gateway's all but 3 had Sailun S637s,
all of the dozen Cyclones had TowMax???

It's nice to hear that maybe Heartland is finally stepping up but Towmax on a Cyclone, REALLY?:p

bobca1

Except they put them on the dual axle too! My 3110 with 16000 GVWR and just 2 axles.
Maybe (hopefully) they are clearing out existing stock and we'll see better tires on Cyclones in future too.
I guess their theory is that the triple axles has less load on each wheel

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Except they put them on the dual axle too! My 3110 with 16000 GVWR and just 2 axles.
Maybe (hopefully) they are clearing out existing stock and we'll see better tires on Cyclones in future too.

But too bad for those who purchase new trailers while they are trying to unload the rest of the BlowMax's from their inventory . . .

bobca1

Just speculating about inventory but hopefully that is the case...
Before I bought my 3110 in Jan I asked my dealer some questions he could not answer so he put me in touch with Heartland sales rep. I was inquiring about cold weather options, but I also asked about the tires after reading the blowmax threads on the forums. HL rep told me the factory gets the tire+wheel already assembled by the pallet load which is also why the mfg dates of the tires put on the same trailer can vary too.

But too bad for those who purchase new trailers while they are trying to unload the rest of the BlowMax's from their inventory . . .

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just speculating about inventory but hopefully that is the case...
Before I bought my 3110 in Jan I asked my dealer some questions he could not answer so he put me in touch with Heartland sales rep. I was inquiring about cold weather options, but I also asked about the tires after reading the blowmax threads on the forums. HL rep told me the factory gets the tire+wheel already assembled by the pallet load which is also why the mfg dates of the tires put on the same trailer

But then my trailer will match my trailer-haulin'-beast-of-a-truck!

Can't wait to get this work done!

Not sure if this gets me into the BlowMax Club?

justafordguy

Well they unloaded 4 more Towmax on me when I got my Gateway last month but I decided I don't want to be in the BlowMax Club so I'm picking up my S637s today. ;)

MagnoliaTom

I went by and looked at the S637 yesterday and all I could say was wow. The tire guy said they were the thickest/heaviest tire that size he had ever seen. They do weight more that the Towmax and rim combined.;)

I was completely impressed with them and equally depressed by the tow max. The sailuns seem to be a really, really good tire and the price makes them hard to beat.

BTW, nice truck.
I have the same f250...only in 2wd

MagnoliaTom

I've had good luck with mine as well. Did an EGR delete when I replaced my oil cooler 2 yrs ago and no problems at all. Mostly stock using an SCT tuner for a little extra giity-up

nscaler2

I went by and looked at the S637 yesterday and all I could say was wow. The tire guy said they were the thickest/heaviest tire that size he had ever seen. They do weight more that the Towmax and rim combined.;)

Hey, thanks for the report on the Sailun tires. At what tire store did you see them? When I look on line, all that I find are internet sales outlets like simple tire and tire rack. Thanks for the info.

MagnoliaTom

Hey, thanks for the report on the Sailun tires. At what tire store did you see them? When I look on line, all that I find are internet sales outlets like simple tire and tire rack. Thanks for the info.

I bought mine from simple tire and had them shipped to my door. I took them to my local tire shop to have them mounted and balanced (with tpms installed). You need metal valve stems when installing them

justafordguy

I got Tire Kingdom here in town to order them for me. The cost was only $20 more than ordering from Simpletire.com and having them mounted locally. X2 on the metal valve stems.

1_oldgoat

Justafordguy, i have looked for a set of Sailun's now for a couple months, my dealership says they are backordered, i have found prices from 152.99, to 289.00, crazy difference. Simple tire with shipping looks like the best deal.
I blew a towmax on the way home from Spokane last week, didn't make the one to many trips on em, i.was supposed to have the towmax set replaced before we left but as i said the dealer didn't or couldn't get them so i took of on borrowed time. I was really watching them the whole time we were rolling so when one let go i got off the road before any damage could happen to the trailer. Sidewall blew out on mine.....checking the other three all of them have slight buldges in em so was lucky i only lost one i guess.20150403_193926.jpg

MagnoliaTom

Justafordguy, i have looked for a set of Sailun's now for a couple months, my dealership says they are backordered, i have found prices from 152.99, to 289.00, crazy difference. Simple tire with shipping looks like the best deal.
I blew a towmax on the way home from Spokane last week, didn't make the one to many trips on em, i.was supposed to have the towmax set replaced before we left but as i said the dealer didn't or couldn't get them so i took of on borrowed time. I was really watching them the whole time we were rolling so when one let go i got off the road before any damage could happen to the trailer. Sidewall blew out on mine.....checking the other three all of them have slight buldges in em so was lucky i only lost one i guess.View attachment 35947

I got mine from simple tire. Ordered on Wednesday in they were at my door Friday.
Very happy with simple tire and Sailun. Don't wait any longer. If you can afford them, get them now. Who knows when the other tow max tires will blow...you don't need to take that risk, IMHO

1_oldgoat

Tom, thanks for the info, i wanted new rubber on the fw before we took off on our first trip of the new year and planned on replacing when we got home, just one trip to many, close to 20K on the towmax set so not a lot of tread left compared to the spare anyway. The wife wouldn't wait so we rolled up to Spokane for our grandsons b-day on bad tires when we left, i had a bad feeling about having a blow out this trip, all 4 tires had a slight bulge on em. After the first one let go, i was worried sick the last 70 miles home, probably spent the majority of time looking in the rear view mirrors than i did looking out the windshield.
Thanks again for the info, ordering a set asap if the dealership still hasn't got any in when i call tomorrow. 20150324_173056.jpg This is what i am talking about when i say bulge, all have this or all did, now the other is destroyed!