What do you do with your carry pistol(s) when in a nonreciprocating state?

Jim.Allison

NRA has free site to assist in these questions. In non participating states you just don't carry concealed. if you are transporting that is a different question in each state, most states have caveats about how you are allowed to transport a handgun. Rules like "in plain view" or not visible to other motorist, or in a sealed compartment not accessible to the driver. I usally comply in these areas by locking my pistol in a portable gun safe in the trunk. or I might even disassemble it. One must remember though that you have to be very serious about needing to use deadly force when pulling out a shotgun than with a handgun. To me, handguns are trouble. Shotguns are not. But interestingly enough, the power of a pistol is miniscule compared to that of a shotgun. Do not ever take a pistol to a shotgun fight. LOL

ptw1skers

Well while he is holding you he jst might get a call and let you go. Doubt they want to sit around for a few hours waiting for a judge to decide they have probable cause to search. waste of time for them when it doesn't look like yo are a criminal. but then again there are those who make it bad for the rest of LE

JanAndBill

We just will not travel in nonreciprocating states. I do not like going anywhere a criminal can target me by having a reasonable amount of intelligence and by simply looking at my license plate. The furthest we will travel east anymore is the UP of Michigan. We did go to Ill years ago but due to their unbelievable gun laws these day we will never again. It seems to me the further east you travel from Illinois, the fewer constitutional rights you have.

That could well be that the further east you travel, the closer you get to the root of our problem!! LOL If I were a politician today, I'd be concerned about an armed population in close proximity also.