PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: IA, Amana * - 10/1/2010 to 10/03/2010

Del600
09-30-2009, 01:39 PM
3890 C Street,Amana, IA 52203
Venue:
------------------------------

Amana RV Park
3890 C Street
Amana, IA 52203
800-471-7616
http://www.amanarvpark.com (http://www.amanarvpark.com/)
Pets ok?: Yes - No Fee
WiFi available: Yes - Free
Details:

Number of sites held: 16, more available if needed
Site fee: $32 per night.
Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person
Non-Club Member Event fee: $0 Per Person
Potluck: YES - Saturday Night - 6:00PM

Event Leader: Del600 (click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=5439)
Additional Info:
You can call them directly to book your site, we will be in LOT X and P if needed.

TELL THEM YOU ARE WITH THE HEARTLAND OWNER'S RALLY

The weekend chosen will be the Oktoberfest Weekend at the Amana Colonies. http://amanacolonies.com/

We will work on activities and agenda through out the year, feel free to post in here your ideas. We have negotiated use of a Registration building for our use.

We have never been to the Amana Colonies, so we open to suggestions

IOWA, are you ready to RALLY?

Here is the list of attendees (9/27/10)
1. Jim & Nancy
2. Joan & Bill - Pea Salad
3. Mark, Jennifer & Lauren
4. Bob & Chris - BLT macaroni salad
5. JC & Sharon - Corn
6. Roger & Kelly - Cheezy potato casserole
7. David & Mary Jane
8. Don & Kathy - Something Desert
9. David & Kathi - Pasta salad
10. Tom & Diane - Apple Cider
11. Ray & Lin - Pork n Beans
12. Lance & Gayle - Desert
13. Jim & Bette - Chocolate Brownie Cake
14. Jim & Wilma - Hot Pepper Potato Salad
15. Dave & Lee
16. Bill & Barb - salad plus crock pot green beans
17. Gary & Tara - "Gary's Italian Goo-Losh"
18. Frank & Judy - Dessert
19. Paul & Sue - Relish Tray
20. Reginald & Nancy - Italian meat balls
21. Gary & Deb
22. Tricia & Brad
23. Jim & Sherrie
24. Chuck & Reggie - "To die for" coffee cake
25. Tom & Kathy - Sloppy Joe/Barbecues

ONCE I VERIFY YOUR RESERVATION I WILL ADD YOU TO THE ABOVE LIST.

jbeletti
09-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Nice work Mark. I am ready to rally in Iowa!

Jim

daiowaconnection
09-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Hi Mark, We are looking forward to the rally. See you then if not be4.

Steve

jbeletti
09-30-2009, 03:26 PM
And for those Iowans that have this coming weekend (Oct 2-4) open, consider another RV trip and join Mark and I at the Illinois rally near Springfield, IL in Chatham :)

Rally Link / Shameless Plug (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=60728#post60728)

... Iowa is coming to Illinois... (remember those signs in the 70s - MN is coming to Iowa? What was it, Payless Cashways?)

Jim

dad101
10-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Hey Mark: I just got off of the phone with the people at the Amana Colinies. She said I was the first to reserve a site for the rally. So I guess we will see you there if not before.

Del600
10-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Hey Mark: I just got off of the phone with the people at the Amana Colinies. She said I was the first to reserve a site for the rally. So I guess we will see you there if not before.

Sounds great, you beat me to it.

We are in Illinois with Rally'ing with this bunch.

Look forward to meeting you.

Bob and Chris
10-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Thanks Mark! We'll get signed up in the not too distant future

Tom_Diane
10-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Good choice, its a nice clean well kept area. Also its only about 30 miles from us so we are definatly making plans to be there. Used to be you could tour the wineries there and they have some pretty good home made wines. The little shops are interesting also and all set up so you just park and walk. Sounds like a good time. For us it will be like running away from home but being home by supper time. Looking forward to being there.

katkens-DW
10-24-2009, 05:03 PM
Mark, I am off that weekend so Ken and I will be thinking about coming to your rally in Oct. Kathy:)

Del600
10-31-2009, 11:47 PM
Kathy
That sounds great. Jennifer is hard at work trying to figure out some exciting activities.
Me, I am working on a new drink for all.'
Mark

bacaye
11-01-2009, 01:31 PM
I am sure if everything goes ok we will be there also.

Bill and Barb Yelliott-Liming

Bob and Chris
11-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Mark,
Count us in. We've made our reservation!

bacaye
01-19-2010, 07:53 AM
Our reservations have been made. We are looking forward to attending this rally.

Bacaye and Ernhrt

(Barb and Bill)

Del600
01-21-2010, 12:18 PM
OK Iowa, I realize we are all trying to stay warm, but it is never to cold to be thinking about a Rally.

I spoke with the Park Today (1/21/10), here is who she has signed up so far.
1. Mark & Jennifer (Us) :)
2. Tom & Diane
3. Bob & Chris
4. Barb & Bill
5. Jim & Nancy

jbeletti
01-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Just registered for 3 nights - arriving Thursday.

Looking forward to it. C'mon Iowa! Let's get on board and rally in the Amana Colonies :)

Jim

Del600
01-21-2010, 05:24 PM
Gotcha Jim, thanks

Rod&Angie
01-31-2010, 11:20 PM
Sorry we will not be able to join for the weekend, one of us hopes to be in a combine taking out this years crops and the other works in Amana, and has for 30 years, so spending the weekend there kind of looses it's appeal. If you are planning a meet and greet time at the campground, we might be pursuaded to attend that. Would really like to meet everyone.

Del600
02-01-2010, 09:16 AM
R&A
I completely understand, there is no way we are going to hold a rally at my place of employment either. :)

We are working on the agenda, actually visited the Colonies last weekend. Once we have it kinda planned we will post it up.

I am sure there will be time to meet everyone.

Mark

hddcyclone
04-21-2010, 11:42 PM
It looks like I'll be in Cedar Rapids working all summer and some of the fall, and I think I'm going to stay at that Amana colonies while I'm there. It seems like they're the only place around that allows 50 amp, full hookup, and extended stay. If I'm still there when the Rally comes, I'll definitely participate!

elwaller39
05-16-2010, 06:24 PM
How late can we registor for the rally. Not sure I can make it yet.
Evans & Lana Waller

rvv
05-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Gayle and I look forward to joining you in Amana. Registered for Thursday night thru Sunday. Great choice of destination. And Oktoberfest too. rvv (Lance Levis)

Del600
05-19-2010, 07:20 AM
It looks like I'll be in Cedar Rapids working all summer and some of the fall, and I think I'm going to stay at that Amana colonies while I'm there. It seems like they're the only place around that allows 50 amp, full hookup, and extended stay. If I'm still there when the Rally comes, I'll definitely participate!

Hdd - Hope to see you there.

When do you think you will know by? I would like to have a headcount by 9/15/10 to help finalize plans.

Del600
05-19-2010, 07:22 AM
How late can we registor for the rally. Not sure I can make it yet.
Evans & Lana Waller

I would like to have a headcount by 9/15/10.

I hope you can make it,

Del600
05-19-2010, 07:24 AM
All,

Sorry for the lack of updates, work is extremely busy, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Lauren (our 2 year old) has my spare time monoploized with all kinds of questions and activities.....

We are working on an agenda, hopefully should have more info in the coming weeks.

Thanks for your patience.

WilmanJim
05-23-2010, 04:58 PM
Mark and Jennifer,
While working on one of our routes to San Diego for this fall we noticed we will be coming close to Amana. We were planning on spending a couple days in Iowa City so we just might switch it to Amana. Looks like we will be in the area around 9/30 and leave on 10/3. Don't know if this will be our route yet for sure as we usually have 2 or 3 routes ready just in case weather changes things.
But seeing as there will be a Rally on the way and an Oktoberfest to boot it definitely puts this route at the TOP.
Can't guarantee if we will be there but it sure is looking good.
Jim

Recovered from 25-May-2010
05-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Jim
Hope to see you there, if you need more information on the area let me know.

Mark

06-15-2010, 10:30 PM
Hi All,

Sorry for the lack of updates, but we met with Ketelsen RV last week and they are on board to help out with the rally, great bunch of folks.

I will have an agenda out next week, and will get an updated attendee list as well.

Busy here at work, but we are finding some time to use the Sundance.

IOWA, Are You Ready to Rally?

http://www.ketelsenrv.com/

Mark

06-18-2010, 10:22 AM
I have updated the attendee list in the first post, we are really starting to pull together some interesting facts about the area and the OktoberFest Weekend.

A few things we have lined up already:

Friday Night - Dinner at the Ronneburg* http://www.ronneburgrestaurant.com/ (http://www.ronneburgrestaurant.com/)

Saturday Night - Pot Luck Dinner (Meat Supplied by Ketelsen RV) - So get those hearty dishes ready.

TIME TBD - Ketelsen Mobile RV Service - Emergency Maintenance** and a Maintenance Q/A seminar

Ketelsen RV - 15% Discount Coupons - For In Stock Parts and Accessories

DISCOUNT COUPONS FOR ADMISSION TO THE OKTOBERFEST GROUNDS
Regular Price $14 for a 2 Day pass, Heartland Special Price $10.

There is also a Craft Show at the RV park.

The RV Park is ~1mile from the OKTOBERFEST GROUNDS

Here is a link to the Festivities happening around the area for the weekend.
http://www.festivalsinamana.com/oktoberfest.html (http://www.festivalsinamana.com/oktoberfest.html)

Here are a few things I have heard of so far:
First Tap, First Keg of Oktoberfest - Friday 2PM on the Oktober Fest Grounds (Free Beer)
Oktober Fest Parade Saturday @ 10AM - Downtown Amana
Live Music until Midnight Friday, 11PM Saturday and 4PM Sunday @ the Festival Grounds

* Dinner will be off the menu, and each person is responsible for own bill.
**There will be a charge to the RV owner if services are rendered.

IOWA, ARE YOU READY TO RALLY?

Mark

06-20-2010, 05:35 AM
We are stopping on our way to San Diego, so please put us down too.
We should arrive Thursday and Depart Sunday.

06-20-2010, 07:27 AM
Rally is really shaping up Mark :) Nancy and I are looking forward to it.

Jim

06-20-2010, 07:30 AM
Hi Jim and Wilma,

That is so awesome that you are going to rally with us on your way through the area. The Youngers from MN did the same thing at the WI rally. It's a great reminder for all that any Heartland Owners Club member can attend any Heartland rally anywhere across North America. And in most cases, non-Club Member Heartland product owners are welcome as well.

Let the summer rallies begin!

Jim

06-20-2010, 07:40 PM
We are stopping on our way to San Diego, so please put us down too.
We should arrive Thursday and Depart Sunday.

Sounds Great, Have you registered with the camp ground yet?

I will start checking with them on a Bi-weekly basis for registered rigs.

I look forward to meeting you.

Mark

gotknot1
07-05-2010, 01:22 PM
How do you add your name to the list for this rally?

Del600
07-05-2010, 08:24 PM
How do you add your name to the list for this rally?

Once I verify you have registered with the Campground I add you to the list.

I will be checking more regulary now that we are getting in range ;)

07-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Just wondering if there is still space open for the rally. We'd like to attend!

07-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Just wondering if there is still space open for the rally. We'd like to attend!

Roy and Sally,

Absolutely..... just call the campground and get registered.

We would love to have you.

Mark

07-08-2010, 09:55 AM
The attendee list has been updated as of 7/8/10.

The llist is in the first post, if you have already signed up for the campground and your name does not appear in my list, please call them and tell them you are with the Heartland Rally group.

The list is growing, gonna be a great time.

Ken/Kathy - we had a deal last year...... where are you?

07-08-2010, 02:42 PM
IA rally still is not out we would love to come I am having knee surgery in Aug. and I have to see if I can walk doctor said it would take 12 weeks 6 wks healing and 6wks therapy not even sure I will make my own just depends on how I do already got one bad knee now the other is gone but don't give up just yet I am still hopeful .Kathy

Ray LeTourneau
07-08-2010, 04:49 PM
Count us in! We'll represent Wisconsin. I tried calling the park but got the recorder. We'll make our reservations asap. See you then!

On Edit: OK Reservations made. We'll be arriving Thursday. I haven't read the entire thread yet so I'll be checking for a list for the potluck. There it is again. Food!

Del600
07-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Ray

Sounds great, looking forward to having you.

List for potluck not yet started, need to determine the meat selection before we add the side dished...... FOOD is ALWAYS on my mind.

Mark

Del600
07-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Up to 10 Rigs..... we are really starting to get some momentum now.

Front Page is updated and we added the Potluck time:

POTLUCK 6PM SATURDAY NIGHT - More info to come.

dglatta
07-18-2010, 12:21 PM
We just reserved our site with the campground this morning. We Will be arriving on Thursday. Sounds like a great time! See you all there!

Jim Posz
07-18-2010, 11:28 PM
The wife and I made our campground reservations a few days ago, so we're IN. We're coming from Fort Madison IA which is a couple of hours southeast of the Amanas. I'll be arriving with the rig late morning on Friday and the better half will join us after she gets off work that afternoon. Looking forward to the rally.

Jim Posz
'07 3300SK Sundance
'09 Silverado Duramax

WilmanJim
07-19-2010, 06:15 AM
Mark and Jennifer,
We are 99.9% sure we are stopping. We are waiting for our friends to let us know if they are going to be home when we go by. They said they should know by the first of August so as soon as we hear we will make our reservations.
Jim and Wilma

Del600
07-19-2010, 03:10 PM
We just reserved our site with the campground this morning. We Will be arriving on Thursday. Sounds like a great time! See you all there!

Dave

It was great to meet you in Nashville.

Looking forward to the Iowa rally.

Mark

Del600
07-19-2010, 03:11 PM
The wife and I made our campground reservations a few days ago, so we're IN. We're coming from Fort Madison IA which is a couple of hours southeast of the Amanas. I'll be arriving with the rig late morning on Friday and the better half will join us after she gets off work that afternoon. Looking forward to the rally.

Jim Posz
'07 3300SK Sundance
'09 Silverado Duramax

Jim

GREAT we look forward to meeting you and the better half.

Should have an update next week on rally stuff.

Mark

Del600
07-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Mark and Jennifer,
We are 99.9% sure we are stopping. We are waiting for our friends to let us know if they are going to be home when we go by. They said they should know by the first of August so as soon as we hear we will make our reservations.
Jim and Wilma

Jim,

More the merrier.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Mark

07-19-2010, 07:34 PM
This could be a Jim rich rally. Love it. See you all in Iowa!

Jim

Del600
07-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Wow we are really starting to get some people signed up, we are up to 13 rigs.

Front page is updated.

HOT NEWS UPDATE:
The Oktober Fest Committe just announced there will be a DOg Costume Contest, all Entrants and thier owners will get to march in the Big Parade Saturday Morning.....

MORE TO COME.

IOWA ARE YOU READY TO RALLY?

eaglenest
07-29-2010, 10:09 PM
We made reservations for the Iowa rally and will be coming in on Thursday. These 2 Okies are looking forward to our first rally. I (Sharon) have visited relatives in Iowa many times while growing up, as my mother was born and raised in Ft. Dodge.

Del600
07-29-2010, 10:17 PM
We made reservations for the Iowa rally and will be coming in on Thursday. These 2 Okies are looking forward to our first rally. I (Sharon) have visited relatives in Iowa many times while growing up, as my mother was born and raised in Ft. Dodge.

Sharon, That is Great.

I look forward to meeting you.

07-30-2010, 10:20 AM

Fort Dodge! I was born and raised there :)

Jim

WilmanJim
08-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Just got off the phone with Judy. Reservations made Arrive September 30th Depart October 3rd. We are looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jim and Wilma

Del600
08-02-2010, 11:32 AM
WOW up to 15 rigs so far........

REMEMBER, WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR ESERVATION, PLEASE MENTION THE HEARTLAND GROUP.

:cool::cool::cool:

Del600
08-30-2010, 06:14 PM
OK 4 weeks to go, will be adding more soon.

jbeletti
08-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Counting down the days on this end. Looking forward to rallying in the state I was born in :)

Jim

cookie
09-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Add another rig to the list. Mary and I will be arriving on Thursday.
Res. is in at the Amana RV Park.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau
09-09-2010, 07:57 AM
Hey that's great news Dave & Mary! Lin & I are leaving WI a few days earlier to stop in Rock Falls IL to visit our Son in Dixon. We might arrive at the Amana's Thursday but for sure early Friday. Travel Safe!!!

jbeletti
09-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Add another rig to the list. Mary and I will be arriving on Thursday.
Res. is in at the Amana RV Park.

Peace
Dave

Way to add another state stayed in with your Heartland. Your new one too :)

See you guys in Iowa.

Jim

katkens-DW
09-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Mark, I am really sorry but Kenny and I won't be able to make your rally. I have to start PT on the 21 first of this month for 3weeks then have a doctor app on the 7th of Oct. There is always next year hopefully I will be walking good. You guys will have a Great Rally!!!! Kathy

jbeletti
09-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Mark, I am really sorry but Kenny and I won't be able to make your rally. ...

Aw Kathy - now who's gonna supply me with ice?

Seriously, best of luck on your PT and your rally next week! Wish I could be in two places at once.

Jim

Dave and Lee Tressell
09-11-2010, 10:28 AM
Hi Mark: Lee & I are now registered for your Iowa Rally at Amana. Hope to see you in Illinois next weekend. We also will be with two othere SOB friends of ours from our home club. They always come over for Oct.fest. It is always a fun time.:angel:

gotknot1
09-12-2010, 08:48 AM
When is everyone planning on coming down to the rally? I am planning on getting there early Friday morning......If anyone is coming from out of town, let me know. I live in tiffin and am about 15 20 min away from the RV park....so I am close to my tools and such.....all you have to do is let me know.

jbeletti
09-12-2010, 09:26 AM
Gary,

We are leaving the Chicago area Thursday afternoon and plan to arrive sometime Thursday evening, after dinner-time. With luck, I'll get to the Maid-Rite shop on 80 at 151 in time to eat there and get my Maid-Rite fix :) Plan to park at the Casey's and walk over to Maid-Rite...

Ray LeTourneau
09-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Lin & I had originally planned on arriving Friday mid day but may show up Thursday. We'll be spending a few days in Dixon/Rock Falls IL with family prior to the IA rally so we are pretty close.

Del600
09-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Finalizing some plans this week.

List on front page has been updated.

The Meat being supplied by Ketelsen RV will be Brats, so please plan your potluck dish!

If you would like to add to this thread what you will be bringing for the potluck, I will add to the front page.

WilmanJim
09-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Mark and Jennifer,

Put us down for Hot Pepper Potato Salad if you would please. See you on Thursday the 30th. Safe Travels to All.

Jim and Wilma

eaglenest
09-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Mark & Jennifer,
Put us down for a green salad and ranch & thousand island dressings.

J.C. & Sharon

jbeletti
09-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Mark,

Received your email update - thank you.

Not sure what we'll bring to the potluck just yet, but put us down for 2 people at the Friday night dinner option at that restaurant you mentioned in the email.

Thanks,

Jim

dglatta
09-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi Mark,

Kathi and I will be arriving on Thursday. Please put us on the list for the Ronneburg dinner on Friday. We will bring a pasta salad to the potluck on Saturday. Thanks for organizing all this. We look forward to seeing everyone in the Amanas!

Dave

eaglenest
09-13-2010, 03:24 PM
Oops, forgot to tell you that we will join you at Ronneburg Restaurant on Friday eve.
J.C. & Sharon

Del600
09-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Great Guys and Gals, as more post I will keep the front page updated.

More to come on the restauraunt, choices, choices, choices.....:)

ALF
09-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Just called Amana Colonies and left a message for reservations. We were looking to camp again after this past weekend (with a bunch of HOC Wisconsin members) and what better way to do it than with another group of HOC members! I will let you know as soon as I get confirmation for the RV park.

Del600
09-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Sounds great ALF, I will be on the road for business until Friday, I will keep checking back.

Make sure you tell them you are with the Heartland Group.

Ray LeTourneau
09-13-2010, 08:53 PM
There's always too many salads at Pot Lucks. No offense though! We'll do some Pork n' Beans for pot luck. Where is Ronneberg?

cookie
09-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Just called Amana Colonies and left a message for reservations. We were looking to camp again after this past weekend (with a bunch of HOC Wisconsin members) and what better way to do it than with another group of HOC members! I will let you know as soon as I get confirmation for the RV park.

Paul & Sue, that's great. We thought we would be the only Cheeseheads.

Peace
Dave

Jim Posz
09-13-2010, 09:30 PM
We will bring a chocolate brownie cake to the potluck. Also, I would like to go to the Ronneburg on Friday night. The wife will be at a church meeting, so it'll be a reservation for one.
Thanks for the organizational work.
Jim Posz
Ft. Madison

fhdally
09-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Judy and I will bring a dessert for the potluck and please sign us up for the Ronneburg supper.
Looking forward.
Frank

Rainbowillie
09-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Mark & Jennifer - we will bring a cheezy potato casserole to the potluck, and put the two of us down for the Ronneburg on Fri eve. Thx.

oldironfarm
09-14-2010, 07:43 PM
Mark & Jennifer, Sign us up for the Ronneburg dinner on Friday night. We'll bring Pea salad to the pot luck. Looking forward to our maiden voyage with our new Bighorn and meeting new friends.

Bill & Joan

cookie
09-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Bill an Jennifer, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Bighorn. You picked the right place to go for your maiden voyage.
I believe there will be at least one other 3385 at the rally. If you have questions on your new rig there will be plenty of Heartlanders willing to help answer them.
See you in Amana.

Peace
Dave

Del600
09-15-2010, 07:38 AM
There's always too many salads at Pot Lucks. No offense though! We'll do some Pork n' Beans for pot luck. Where is Ronneberg?

Ray

The Ronneburg is on the main drag in Amana, next to OX Yoke.

Mark

Ray LeTourneau
09-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Ray

The Ronneburg is on the main drag in Amana, next to OX Yoke.

Mark
I've heard of the Ox Yoke but can't picture the Ronneburg. But Hey! sign us up. It's food:).

ALF
09-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Mark,

We have confirmation from Amana Colonies! We will be arriving on Thursday, leaving Sunday. Can't wait...looking forward to meeting new friends at the Iowa rally. We will also be joining you for dinner at the Ronneburg on Friday night. I will get back to you on the potluck dish!

Cookie....get out your Cheesehead Hat!!!! GOOOOOOOOOO Pack!!!!! :cool:

Safe Travels,
Sue

Bill and Joan....Congrats on your new rig!!!!! We hope you enjoy it as much as we have over the past 6 months. You will have to come and see some of the modifications we have made to our 3385.

Paul and Sue

ALF
09-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Ray...should we bring our new found friends?10044 10045

WilmanJim
09-16-2010, 05:26 AM
Mark,
Please put us down for 2 for Friday's Dinner at the Ronneburg.

Jim and Wilma

cookie
09-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Ronneburg?????? Food?????? We're in.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau
09-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Ray...should we bring our new found friends?10044 10045
I'd really like to see the video if it's available. I hope the little guy survived!!!

Bob and Chris
09-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Mark,
I responded on another thread, but Chris and I will be coming in sometime Wednesday and Chris will bring BLT macaroni salad for the potluck.

Del600
09-17-2010, 10:28 AM
WOW guys and gals, we are up to 19 rigs and 26 people for the dinner on Friday night (details to come on the dinner, with the number of attendees we may switch to a family style meal).

Keep spreading the word, we have a couple of weeks until I have to turn in the final number for dinner, and the potluck is starting to shape of to be a real food fest!!!!!!

The Oktober fest committee has really pulled together some exciting activities so be sure to check their website.
http://www.festivalsinamana.com/oktoberfest.html (http://www.festivalsinamana.com/oktoberfest.html)

Ketelsen RV is going to have their Mobile Service rig on site from 10am - 2pm on Saturday to help rvr's in need and also to answer any questions.

If their is anybody on the fence as to if you will join us or not, you have plenty of time to sign up!!!

IOWA ARE YOU READY TO RALLY

GOTTOYS
09-18-2010, 12:52 PM
Just made our reservations. New rig, New members...Old people, Old dog...... We're coming from Minnesota if this rig will make it that far! Looking forward to meeting everybody.
Put us down for "Something for desert" for the pot luck.

Don

ALF
09-19-2010, 04:28 PM
Wow....19 rigs and counting. That is GREAT! We are really looking forward to the rally. We will bring a Relish Tray to the potluck so that we have a nice assortment of pickles, olives....etc.

gotknot1
09-20-2010, 02:07 AM
I posted this somewhere else but I will post it here too. I live in Tiffin which is about 14 miles from the Amana RV park. I will be taking Friday off and bring our Sundance down early Friday. If anyone needs some assistance on getting there or what is around, will be available and glad to help. Feel free to call me at 319-930-7790. Tara and I are excited to be bringing our Sundance 320BS pull behind which we just purchased this year and is our first RV. So we are looking forward to meeting fellow Heartlanders!!!

bacaye
09-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Please put down a salad for me plus crock pot green beans. Barb

Also...Barb = bacaye
Bill = ernhrt398.... Membership is under the bacaye..

Barb Yelliott/Bill Liming make up the team Bill and Barb Yelliott-Liming. We did not want to confuse you. Thanks, Barb...Looking forward to your rally.

Also double checking to see if you have us down for the dinner Friday evening?

Del600
09-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Please put down a salad for me plus crock pot green beans. Barb
Also double checking to see if you have us down for the dinner Friday evening?

Yes I have you down for Friday Evening.

GOTTOYS
09-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Driving in from up North. Should I take 21 out of Waterloo or just take the freeway to Cedar Rapids and go west on 151? Or is there a better way? Just don't want to get caught up in those huge Friday rush hour traffic jams that happen all over Iowa. Thanks for the advice. Don

convert
09-23-2010, 05:08 PM
My wife and I are new members and registered at the amana rv park for the rally. We will be arriving early, on Sun the 26th, and will leave on the 4th. We would also like to attend the dinner on Fri also if possible.We would like to join in all the heartlend activities. See you there at the rally.We are:D from WI but are presently in IA and have our new 3610RE on its first long voyage.:)

gotknot1
09-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Depending on what time your gonna be through....I would just take 380 unless it will be between 4 & 6 pm on friday then I would probably myself take 21. Thats my opinion..... I drive semi and I have batteled the 380 south bound traffic at those times and they are not fun.

GOTTOYS
09-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the info Gary. This will be our maiden voyage also. I've had a bunch of trailers but this is our first fiver. I'll watch the time and pick a road accordingly. I know those Friday afternoon freeway messes can be a real headache no matter where you are. See ya there! Don

Del600
09-24-2010, 10:31 AM
I am very happy to say we have 23 rigs signed up for next week end and 30 so far for dinner Friday night.

If your name is in BLUE and BOLD in the first post, it means i have you down for dinner on Friday night at the Ronnenburg. If your name is black you have not responded to the dinner. I will send out a note early next week about the dinner plans, it looks like we will do an all you can eat family style dinner.

If you have not yet sent/posted your potluck dish, i will update one more time, I will be gone on business Mon-Wed and then arriving at the campground on Thursday, so very limited access to the site.

My beautiful wife and daughter are up in the colonies today finalizing some last minute arrangements, so final details should be released soon.

Representatives from Ketelsen RV have decided to camp with us as well, Gary, Deb and Tricia will be joining us.

WilmanJim
09-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Mark and Jennifer,

Sounds like you have everything under control. Now if Mother Nature will cooperate. If you are going with the Family Style Dinner we will have to excuse ourselves as with certain food allergies we won't be able to be as selective. We can keep the fire burning though. :D
We are getting so anxious to start heading West. Got everything waxed and ready. Let the Rains Begin, I would be an adventure if it wasn't raining when we travel. Got to have something to talk about around a fire. ;)

Safe Travels to All.

Jim and Wilma

mnkamper
09-24-2010, 04:21 PM
We're MN people coming! First rally and really looking forward to it!
Plan on being there on Th. pm!
Still figuring out what we're bringing for potluck yet though!

jbeletti
09-24-2010, 04:24 PM
We're MN people coming! First rally and really looking forward to it!...

Ya MN people!

Tom and Kathy - we're looking forward to meeting you at the first Iowa Heartland Owners Club chapter rally!

One day in 2011, I hope we'll be saying the same thing about Minnesota. Just need a club member to self-nominate themselves to try their hand at leading the state for a year. Could it be you? Jack/Sue - you? I'm fishin' :)

Jim

chasdvorak
09-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Mark and Jennifer,

Count us in for the Iowa Rally......just made the reservations and will be on the road for a mid-day arrival on Friday. After an extremely difficult schedule this summer, we finally chipped out some time for a road trip. We will be attending the dinner on Friday evening and you may have to contact the Coroner/Medical Examiner since Reggie will be baking her "To die for" coffee cake for the Pot Luck on Saturday. (Reggie just rolled her eyes as I read this to her). Thanks for all the hard work and we look forward to seeing everyone next week.

Chuck and Reggie

PS-we may have two additional adults and will advise you ASAP.

convert
09-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Hello
We are in Urbana IA about 40 mi from Amana and raining again. Good news is next week should be sunny.
Our dish to pass will be Italian meat balls. See you at the Rally.:)

gotknot1
09-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Your welcome....Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else. We will be pullling our camper out there on Friday morning. We are getting more and more excited everyday for this.
Gary

Thanks for the info Gary. This will be our maiden voyage also. I've had a bunch of trailers but this is our first fiver. I'll watch the time and pick a road accordingly. I know those Friday afternoon freeway messes can be a real headache no matter where you are. See ya there! Don

Ray LeTourneau
09-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Hello
We are in Urbana IA about 40 mi from Amana and raining again. Good news is next week should be sunny.
Our dish to pass will be Italian meat balls. See you at the Rally.:)
Yum Yum! Italian Meatballs... Make a few extra, I love em'.;)

GOTTOYS
09-26-2010, 10:54 AM
Re: Convert, Reg and Nancy. Your HOC member number is 1651. Mine is 1652! How cool is that. We must have signed up on the same day. See ya at the Rally...Don :cool:

Del600
09-27-2010, 10:41 AM
LAST UPDATE THIS AM.

25 Rigs, Awesome!!!!

See Ya at the Rally.

IOWA ITS TIME!!!!

convert
09-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Just for info:
THE KEG TAPPING FOR THE OCTOBERFEST OPENING IS AT 2PM ON FIRDAY.PARADE FOR THE KEG FROM THE BREWERY TO THE FESTALLBARN STARTS AT 1;30. THEN THE KEG IS TAPPED AND ITS FREE BEER TILL ITS GONE. SEE YOU AT THE RALLY.:D

mnkamper
09-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Great info: I hope I don't injure anyone while I'm trying to get to the free beer! If I do, I apologize in advance!

Tom and Kathy are planning on bringing Sloppy Joe/Barbecues to the potluck! Make those carney brats!
Looking forward to the rally!

bacaye
09-28-2010, 04:17 PM
The Big Country is almost ready to head to Iowa. Everything sounds like lots of fun. Just wondering if anyone will have a Big Country at the rally???

Del600
09-29-2010, 08:56 AM
The Big Country is almost ready to head to Iowa. Everything sounds like lots of fun. Just wondering if anyone will have a Big Country at the rally???

According to my records there will be one other Big Country there!

Del600
09-29-2010, 08:57 AM
GREAT POST about the First Keg.

When you arrive at the RV park you should recieve a packet from the office, it has the weekend Oktoberfest activities.

jbeletti
09-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Nancy and I have revised our plans and are now putting into Amana earlier on Thursday than originally planned. We now plan to arrive after lunch but before dinner time.

BUT I STILL WANT MAID-RITES :)

So we are planning on setting up camp, then heading out at dinner time (5/6 pm) to get my fix.

Ray and Lin I know are in. Anyone else want to caravan out to Maid-Rite for dinner on Thursday?

Looks to be about 13 miles (20 minutes).

cookie
09-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Yep, we are in. I talked to Ray about it last week.

Peace
Dave

Del600
09-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Sounds good Jim, I have a meeting until 1PM, then I will be over, should be there by 4.
Girls won't be there until 8ish.

convert
09-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Hey Jim,
Count us in Nancy & Reg. By the way for us newbys, what is a maid -rite. Sounds like it's got you excited.

Del600
09-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Hey Jim,
Count us in Nancy & Reg. By the way for us newbys, what is a maid -rite. Sounds like it's got you excited.

Yummmy

jbeletti
09-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Reg,

Loose meat goodness on a bun, cooked with onion. I like mine with ketchup. :)

jbeletti
09-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Called the campground (800-471-7616) today to see what site I am in. I am in site X14. Here's a link to a PDF site map (http://www.amanarvpark.com/userfiles/image/ContentImages/amana_camp_mapBB.pdf) from their website (http://www.amanarvpark.com).10332

jbeletti
09-29-2010, 06:49 PM
Bundle up Iowa rally goers. Gonna be cold in the evenings during the rally.

See you at the campfire :)

Click for updated forecast (http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=amana,%20ia&wuSelect=WEATHER)

mnkamper
09-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Looks like we're going to have to throw a little more wood on the fire!
Thanks for that info. Jim, we're now putting in more warm clothes!

Mark,
Please add 2 more to the Friday event, we're going to be attending the Friday Night Feast at the restaurant

Bob and Chris
09-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Chris and I are up for the maid rites! We arrived late this afternoon and are in x2. Looking forward to meeting all the other Heartland families.

bacaye
09-29-2010, 11:08 PM
If it ok we would like to tag along. Barb and Bill. PS: Will be nice to see how they compare to the ones in Quincy, IL.

jbeletti
09-29-2010, 11:19 PM
If it ok we would like to tag along. Barb and Bill. PS: Will be nice to see how they compare to the ones in Quincy, IL.

I agree. I found the ones in Quincy to be "just okay". Had me some really good ones somewhere this year - can't remember where :)

Had some last February in Iowa at the Welcome Center coming into IA on I35. Good ones but not the best I have had.

Jim

GOTTOYS
09-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Mmmmm Maid Rites. I read where the secret is to make them using Chicken Broth on the hamburger and onions when you're cooking them. Pretty close to the real thing when I tried it. Of course you always THINK they were better when you had them as a kid...heading down in the morning see ya there!

gotknot1
10-01-2010, 06:52 AM
See you all in about 3 hours or so.....I will be the one with the smallest heartland....I think.....also the one with the leg brace!!! lol

jbeletti
10-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Well, we had at least 14 people that headed out for Maid-Rites last night. I think we all agreed, they were no better than average. A bit dry. Later, I learned we could order them "wet". More grease I guess. Oh well. Dave (cookie) also tried a Chili Maid-Rite - not so good :(

Some shops just make them better than others is all.

gotknot1
10-01-2010, 03:07 PM
I have posted a new album on my profile with photos that I have took already. I am planning on taking a lot more photos through out the rally as long as my knee allows me to. If anyone would like a copy of any of the photos I take just let me know and I will be happy to get you a copy!!!
Gary

jbeletti
10-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Cookie Contest

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=321609&l=cd5a4e78db&id=100000383645856

Ping Pong Ball Catch Contest

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=321610&l=7ed54c3e00&id=100000383645856

Coke Can Stack Contest

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=321611&l=9c9bd5285e&id=100000383645856

Toilet Paper Unrolling Contest

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=321612&l=c3adf4fa6e&id=100000383645856

Plate and Cup Stack Contest

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=321613&l=e48f157c6a&id=100000383645856

Catch Ball with Screwdriver Contest

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=321614&l=8e0e4c43fb&id=100000383645856

Del600
10-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Jennifer, Lauren and I got home yesterday unpacked, ordered a pizza and were all in bed by 8:30.

Thank you to everyone who came to our first rally, we had a lot of fun putting it on.

We had 27 rigs overall, and picked up 2 new Heartland Owners Club members, Welcome Frank, Judy Tom and Diane.

A HUGE thanks to Ketelsen RV, they did a fantastic job with entertainment, they are good people.

Mark

cookie
10-04-2010, 07:46 PM
We just got home from the rally at 6:30 this evening. Mark and Jen you did a great job. For a first time chapter rally this was huge.
Ketelsen RV did a great job doing everything they did, and they did a lot. I still have cookie crumbs in my eye.
As always, it was great to see old friends and make new ones.
Had a blast at Octoberfest, shopping and wine tasting at the Amana Colonies.
Oh, and it would be great to see the videos of the games. Jim....Jim....are you there???

Peace
Dave

jbeletti
10-04-2010, 08:03 PM
I want to echo what Dave and others have said. Mark and Jenn (and Lauren too) - you guys did a fantastic job with your very first rally. Great organization, great weather (during the day :)), great location, Octoberfest, and finally, great dealer participation. Thank you and I hope you are in again for 2011 and put on a rally that is just as much fun.

Speaking of dealer participation, and I passed this to my bosses this morning - with respect to rally participation, some dealers get it, but sadly, most do not. And all who were at this rally would agree that Kettlesen RV "gets it"! It's one thing to want to be at our rallies. Another thing to step up and provide a meal. But it's a class of its own for those few dealers who truly get involved as Kettlesen did. And notice, they did so very humbly.

Cookie! Yeah, I blew it on the video links in an earlier post - but, here you are (click me) (http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=155905624432225&oid=118999274625).

Jim

ALF
10-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Wow!!! Great first time rally! What a wonderful time we had!

Thank you Mark, Jennifer, Lauren and the whole Ketelsen RV group. It was great making new friends and meeting up with old friends.

Fine wine, Beer, food, campfire and fun! What more could we ask for. Can't wait until next year!

We are so glad we did not turn around and go home when we encountered transmission problems at 150 miles out.

This is only our 3rd rally as we have been to the Wisconsin rally twice now and if this is an indication of all the Rallys, then we are going to have to get to more of them!
Happy and Safe travels to all!

p.s. For all you Chevy owners that gave me crap, the big red Dodge got us home!
Hurting maybe...but she made it!!!! :D

GOTTOYS
10-04-2010, 08:53 PM
All I can say is WOW! We had the best time ever!!!!! If you missed this Rally you really missed a great time. Just got in the door after wrestling the trailer into the driveway. It went better this time. Kath is already on the phone telling our daughter how much fun we had. Thanks to all for a truly great time. Can't wait for the next one.....Don and Kathy Swanson

jbeletti
10-04-2010, 08:57 PM
...This is only our 3rd rally as we have been to the Wisconsin rally twice now and if this is an indication of all the Rallys, then we are going to have to get to more of them!...

Glad you made it home Paul. Wait til you join us in Goshen in June 2010. You guys will both want to retire and just join the Rallyholics group and go on the road on the rally circuit :)

dglatta
10-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Kathi and I are still in amazement over the great time we had in the Amanas with our Heartland brethern and sisteren! Ketlesen RV was fantastic with their support. The kindness, friendliness, and generosity of our fellow Heartlanders will not soon be forgotten. When we talk to our SOB friends, they are in awe of what we have experienced in our first two rallies (Nashville and Amana) Mark and Jennifer: You must be so proud of what you have accomplished with this first Iowa rally. Thank you for all you did to make this the GREAT weekend that is was. We hope to meet up with our new friends from this rally many times again "down the road"! Dave and Kathi

chasdvorak
10-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Many thanks to Mark and Jen for all the hard work getting the Iowa Chapter/Rally up and running. It was a great time that was shared amongst some of the happiest campers on this planet. Thanks to Jim B for his support and patience while wading through all of the questions, inquires and rumors. Heartland management and the HOG members realize and appreciate Jim's hard work which should keep him going for the next 30 or so years.

The Kettleson RV folks are the "Rock Stars" of the RV dealerships. They supplied food, entertainment and RV service for many coaches as sponsors.....and they also spent the weekend with us as campers. This is a family run business with some great employees that took the time to support the rally while having some fun. Ed and Jim were particularly helpful and shared their RV knowledge with many of us.

Thanks again to all who made this weekend a success,

Chuck and Reggie

Jim Posz
10-04-2010, 11:55 PM
Good food, good fun, good weather and good company. What more could a person ask for? Thanks again to Kettleson RV, Mark and Jennifer and all the rest of you for a fun weekend. Oh, yes, I've got the green light from the better half to join the club, so Jim B. will hopefully be hearing from us before long.
Jim Posz
Sundance 3300SK
White Chevy Duramax

WilmanJim
10-05-2010, 05:42 AM
Wilma and I are so glad we changed our route to San Diego and the timing was absolutely perfect, as was our stay at the Amana Colonies Rally was perfect too. We had such a great time like everyone else. Kudo's to Mark and Jennifer and Lauren was priceless.

We too would like to Thank Ketelsen RV for everything they did too.

For All who are staying home for the winter have a safe one and get those Heartlands out asap and go RV'ing.

For those who head south for the winter like us, Safe Travels and hope to see you at another Rally soon. We will be in the Denver area until Friday then continue our trek to Santee Lakes, just East of San Diego

Jim B. keep up the good work.

Wilma and Jim

mnkamper
10-05-2010, 07:58 AM
Kudos go out to Mark, Jennifer and Lauren and Ketelsen RV! What a fantastic rally for our very first one! We had waffled about making that 6 hour drive but it was very well worth it! We met great people, ate too much fantastic food and had a wonderful time! We visited the Amana Colonies Octoberfest and of course now have plenty of wine and more things to hang on the wall!
With rallies like this, we could easily become rallyholics as well!

Ray LeTourneau
10-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Lin & I finally made it home last night. We had other business going on and I've been off the Forum for a few days. It's all been said. I'm to late. What a great rally!!!

Mark & Jen, thanks, you did a great job. Loren is a really cute and well behaved little girl and it was a pleasure having her with our group. Good Campfires, good friends, fun activities and a great support team from Kettlesen RV made this a fantastic event. I'm already looking forward to next year. Thanks Again!!!

rvv
10-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks to everyone for making the first Iowa Rally so enjoyable. Mark and Jennifer, you set the bar exceptionally high for all future rallys. We too would echo the praise for the "Ketelsen Krew". It takes more time and work than meets the eye to pull off an event like this; so once again, THANKS MARK AND JENNIFER! Hope to see you all at the 2011 Iowa Rally, if not sooner. Gayle and Lance

fhdally
10-05-2010, 07:40 PM
WOW! What a great time we had at our first rally ever! We really enjoyed meeting so many new folks and taking part in the activities. Weather, setting and organization of the event were top notch. Thank you to Mark and Jennifer, Jim B. and all others we met and had a chance to visit with. We look forward to seeing you again and participating in Goshen in June.

gotknot1
10-06-2010, 01:35 PM
A special thanks and Great job to Mark, Jennifer, & Lauren. What a great time Tara and I had and enjoyed. We are excited to meet all the wonderful people we did. We look forward to meeting everyone again sometime soon!!!

eaglenest
10-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Thank you for the great time we had at the Iowa rally. Met nice people, had great food, enjoyed fun games, as well as, being educated about the Amana Colonies---what more could we ask for! Made it back to Oklahoma, did chores around the place and are now in Branson, MO. Thanks again for your hospitality and hope to see you on the road and at other rallies.